View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I think the correct answer is "not applicable" as this is not a real person. The best one can say is that the concept we call Santa is as many variations as there are people interested enough to consider it. If we insist on debating this we need to first accept there are probably hundreds of millions of potential correct answers.
    If you or me was to create a character and make that character a certain race then that is the race of that character and anyone that portrays them as some other race is misrepresenting the character.

  2. #42
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you or me was to create a character and make that character a certain race then that is the race of that character and anyone that portrays them as some other race is misrepresenting the character.
    They would be misrepresenting your initial concept but not the character itself. They Re not the same thing.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Where is the 'Why should I give a ****' choice?

    What possible difference does it make what some media moron thinks about how much melanin is in the skin of a fictitious character?


  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    so that make Sinterlassen white...Santo Clausen could be the black-sheep of the family. A little late-night wood shed rendezvous.
    Santo Clausen
    Asked his cousin
    Do you know my dad?

    Said the cousin
    Look, Santo Clausen
    Yo momma was real bad

  5. #45
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Ok. Well for you Santa may have been white
    Wrong.
    Santa is objectively white.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    But for kids of other races who celebrate Christmas, he was their parents.
    Uncorrected false beliefs are nothing more than uncorrected false beliefs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I read your comment on Sinterklaas too, just to be clear.
    The reson Santa and Sinterklaas is white is because, guess what... Most people in the netherlands are white because netherlanders are white. Shocking I know.
    Oy vey!
    Guess what? That is the origin.
    That means he is white.

    You simply don't get to change his color to suite yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    But if you were to make a santa figure in... say... Vietnam, he'd be yellow with slanted eyes.
    Wrong again. To accurately portray him he would be a white man.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    If he were in Kenya, what do you think? Kenya say he'd be black? Ofc.
    If they accurately portray him he will be white.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Because Santa is to people what they want Santa to be.
    Which makes them wrong, as he is white.

    You simply don't get to change his color to suite yourself.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #46
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Didn't you see the video? It was on Fox news. Santa is what he is, which is white. Jesus is white too, and that's a verifiable fact. It was on TV. It was on Fox news. It must be true.
    And again.
    Your irrationality has been noted in another thread.

    You are wrong.
    Or are you suggesting that Jews of the times were not Arab and instead Caucasian?


    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That's what I have been trying to tell people. They said Santa was white on Fox news. It has to be true.

    Another irrationally absurd response.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again.
    Your irrationality has been noted in another thread.

    You are wrong.
    Or are you suggesting that Jews of the times were not Arab and instead Caucasian?



    Another irrationally absurd response.
    You have noted my irrationality in another thread? You don't say.

  8. #48
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    I had assumed everyone knew Santa Clause was the typical color of all Sceralians (The alien race he belongs to), which would be a pale blue with purple highlights.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    As of right now the score is tied, the same number of yes as there are no votes.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    Santa is objectively white.

    Uncorrected false beliefs are nothing more than uncorrected false beliefs.
    Oy vey!
    Guess what? That is the origin.
    That means he is white.
    You simply don't get to change his color to suite yourself.
    Wrong again. To accurately portray him he would be a white man.

    If they accurately portray him he will be white.

    Which makes them wrong, as he is white.

    You simply don't get to change his color to suite yourself.
    ok, ur hopeless.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •