View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    See!!! Didn't I tell ya!

  2. #162
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That's right. It's really amazing that some people come here and spout that "he's objectively white" BS. Totally amazing.
    He's objectively made up and there are people out there who are out of their gourds.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #163
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Accept for the fact that he is white, and was created that way.
    He's been made a lot of different ways over the years.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #164
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    He's been made a lot of different ways over the years.
    A false representation is nothing more than a false representation.
    Or mimicry is a form of flattery.
    And everybody knows that Santa can not be in all places at all times and other representations are just his helpers.

    But he is a white male, and was created as such. That is objective and something that you can not get around.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #165
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    A false representation is nothing more than a false representation.
    Or mimicry is a form of flattery.
    And everybody knows that Santa can not be in all places at all times and other representations are just his helpers.

    But he is a white male, and was created as such. That is objective and something that you can not get around.
    That's like saying Jesus is white. Just because the first people to come up with Santa Claus as an advertising gimmick made him white doesn't mean that there aren't tons of versions of Santa around that aren't. Even Coca Cola, the people who made up the modern version of Santa Claus, have done him as a black man.

    Is Santa Claus White?-facesdblacksanta-jpg
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #166
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's like saying Jesus is white. Just because the first people to come up with Santa Claus as an advertising gimmick made him white doesn't mean that there aren't tons of versions of Santa around that aren't. Even Coca Cola, the people who made up the modern version of Santa Claus, have done him as a black man.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]67166319[ATTACH]
    Sinterklaas was not an advertising campaign.
    All Coke did was use it.

    As for your picture. iLOL
    It was already addressed.
    Dressing up in Santa's garb still only makes the person one of Santa's many helpers.
    Everybody knows that Santa can not be in all places at all times and other representations are just his helpers, even (OMG!) when a white man does it.

    But he is a white male, and was created as such. That is objective and something that you can not get around.

    Santa is white, and was created white.

    And for your Jesus comment. That too was already addressed. Objectively not "White".
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So what do you say ?
    I say, are you the guy down the street from me who still has his Christmas lights still up on his house in the month of May ?

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I say, are you the guy down the street from me who still has his Christmas lights still up on his house in the month of May ?
    Nah. I didn't put any up this year. They use too much electricity. Not only that, I have a two story house. I really didn't feel like getting up on the ladder and hanging all that crap up this year.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,092

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    he was olive skin because he used to live in mediterranean.haha
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #170
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    he was olive skin because he used to live in mediterranean.haha


    Saint Nicholas
    Of Greek lineage/descent.

    And Sinterklaas, the representative of Saint Nick, was still created as a white man.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-12-14 at 08:50 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •