View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #121
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still a white guy.
    You're still embracing an "objectively incorrect" depiction of Santa. You sinner, you.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #122
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Completely relevant. Your argument is that because the initial concept of Santa is white then Santa must be white. In other words the original set of details of a fictional concept sets the benchmark for it.

    The initial concept of Mickey Mouse is without gloves. Does Mickey Mouse wear gloves?
    You are conflating two distinctly different issues.

    The characteristics of the character. White human male vs black male mouse.
    And the clothes they may wear.
    It is irrelevant to each other, an asinine comparison and illogical.

    Micky donning gloves matters not to his portrayed skin color, sex or species.
    He is still a black male mouse, just as Santa is a white male human.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #123
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You're still embracing an "objectively incorrect" depiction of Santa. You sinner, you.


    No, I am not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #124
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are conflating two distinctly different issues.

    The characteristics of the character. White human male vs black male mouse.
    And the clothes they may wear.
    It is irrelevant to each other, an asinine comparison and illogical.

    Micky donning gloves matters not to his portrayed skin color, sex or species.
    He is still a black male mouse, just as Santa is a white male human.
    I've already pointed out why it's appropriate to do so. To summarize a concept is the summation of all details about a character, therefore all details are of importance.

    Please continue to update your argument.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    WOW! Looks like the yes votes have surged ahead!

  6. #126
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Here's what a Fox News commentator had to say


    So what do you say? Is Santa Claus white?
    Yes.
    Is Santa Claus White?-arts_theater2-1_30-jpg

    And so are Heat Miser and Snow Miser
    Is Santa Claus White?-misers-jpg


  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    Yes.
    Is Santa Claus White?-arts_theater2-1_30-jpg

    And so are Heat Miser and Snow Miser
    Is Santa Claus White?-misers-jpg

    Well, I'll be! He sure is!!!!!

  8. #128
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I've already pointed out why it's appropriate to do so. To summarize a concept is the summation of all details about a character, therefore all details are of importance.

    Please continue to update your argument.

    You pointed out irrelevant nonsense.
    There is no comparison to be made.

    You are conflating two distinctly different issues.

    The characteristics of the character. White human male vs black male mouse.
    And the clothes they may wear.
    It is irrelevant to each other, an asinine comparison and illogical.

    Micky donning gloves matters not to his portrayed skin color, sex or species.
    He is still a black male mouse, just as Santa is a white male human.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #129
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    You pointed out irrelevant nonsense.
    There is no comparison to be made.

    You are conflating two distinctly different issues.

    The characteristics of the character. White human male vs black male mouse.
    And the clothes they may wear.
    It is irrelevant to each other, an asinine comparison and illogical.

    Micky donning gloves matters not to his portrayed skin color, sex or species.
    He is still a black male mouse, just as Santa is a white male human.
    The reason this not even a counter argument doesn't hold is that it doesn't address my point while my point shows the flaw in yours.

    You're not very good at this are you?

  10. #130
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    In the Netherlands, he is white.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •