View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #91
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Here's what a Fox News commentator had to say



    So what do you say?
    Is Santa Claus white?



    After giving the matter a little additional thought I have come to the conclusion that Santa Claus is White and that he is also any other color that anyone wants him to be.

    Kind of a 'one size fits all' thing.

    Santa is for every child on this planet. So he has to fit in to every society.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Well, looks like most here say white, at least at this point.

  3. #93
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The initial concept was most likely thrown away if it was me. However, if I release the character looking a certain way that is how the character looks and while you can change his outfit, everything else about him should stay the same including his face, hair, race, sex, and other physical characters as they are who that character is and it should not be altered in any way from how I put it out or you are making your own character on top of mine and misrepresenting my creation.
    If Krampus can be depicted as in league with Santa, while still doing very Krampus-like deeds, you've significantly changed his character from what most Americans would accept. Instead of merely giving the kids coal, he turns the kiddies over to Krampus so he can boil them, eat them, or make them work as slaves.



    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #94
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong.
    You are speaking of dress.
    That is not what we are speaking about when it comes to Santa.
    It is an irrelevant comparison.

    Santa is a while male. Micky is a black male mouse.
    There is nothing special about the race of a fictional character it is a detail, just as are clothes, personality traits, or pretty much anything else. The desire to compare specific details is simply elevating on detail over another.

    In reality both characters are tools used for branding and economic purposes to enrich their creator and are a holistic whole for that purpose. Like any brand they are adjusted over time as is needed as the audience changes.

    You can pretend it's not the same all you wish to sadly hold on to some silly emotional identification, but reality is reality and all character concepts are mutable over time.

  5. #95
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Deflection.
    I am simply using your flawed logic to a different character to show it's absurdity

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    If Krampus can be depicted as in league with Santa, while still doing very Krampus-like deeds, you've significantly changed his character from what most Americans would accept. Instead of merely giving the kids coal, he turns the kiddies over to Krampus so he can boil them, eat them, or make them work as slaves.



    WOW!!!

    That was hard core!!!!

  7. #97
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    There is nothing special about the race of a fictional character it is a detail, just as are clothes, personality traits, or pretty much anything else. The desire to compare specific details is simply elevating on detail over another.

    In reality both characters are tools used for branding and economic purposes to enrich their creator and are a holistic whole for that purpose. Like any brand they are adjusted over time as is needed as the audience changes.

    You can pretend it's not the same all you wish to sadly hold on to some silly emotional identification, but reality is reality and all character concepts are mutable over time.
    Wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #98
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We already did. He objectively isn't white, but Santa objectively is.
    The Jesus of life doesn't have to match the future cultural references and observances. He's a tool.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #99
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    Your debate skills need work. Heh

  10. #100
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I am simply using your flawed logic to a different character to show it's absurdity

    No. You are using flawed logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Your debate skills need work. Heh
    Wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •