View Poll Results: Do you think coming out announcements are overkill

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 37.50%
  • No

    8 20.00%
  • I love it when I hear of others coming out

    1 2.50%
  • It should not be news worthy

    12 30.00%
  • Other

    4 10.00%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 128

Thread: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    And you're asking me that because.... why? I must be missing something because you're making no sense to me.
    It was actually just a general question, open to anyone, but you are the one who brought up the issue of the "flaming homosexuals."
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I'm obsessed with Shakira's sexuality...mostly because I'm not a part of it.

    Damn restraining orders.
    Yeah right. I bet if she called you up on stage, dropped her drawers, and told you to whip it out and put it in her vagina, you would freeze up.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It was actually just a general question, open to anyone, but you are the one who brought up the issue of the "flaming homosexuals."
    Yes, I was the one who brought up flaming homosexuals. So that part of your comment we agree on. But I am still not able to discern what the question was in regards to the other 2 comments you made addressing me. So if you're not going to issue one more complete, clarifying comment about what you are saying and then ask a question, I am afraid I cannot offer you any response to whatever issue you have to ask.

  4. #84
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I often say this... people who are public figures and who are gay and come out with a big song and dance and statement about it are doing a disservice to the homosexual community just like the openly gay strut-around flaming homosexuals are.

    It is the fault of the homosexuals that the general perception about them that they are like this:


    And this



    Instead of being normal, average, boring individuals who just mind their own business, no different than you and me who don't fancy having pants with butcheeks cut-outs and who want to show they nipples, listening to barbara streissand and looking like clowns in public. In other words, there should be no image disctinction between a homo and a normal person. No mental images like the ones above must be associated with homosexuality if you ever hope to not have this spectacle of it all.

    In other words, if you want the response for the phrase "hey, I'm gay" to be "Ok, and?" (which is what you should want to be ) then you can't have the desire for people to treat you differently, to pay special attention to you because of your sexuality.
    So the vast majority of gays are boring people but you are going to judge the entire group based on actions of a flamboyant few? I guess I should judge all women by the girls who flash their tits at Mardi Gras and all Christians by the Westboro folks who protest soldier funerals. Honestly if women and Christians want me to respect them as a group then NONE of them should act in a way in which I disapprove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Well, you may whip yourself and blame yourself for whatever reason or blame the rest of us... but I don't.

    Ah, I don't hate anyone so lets dig that strawman out of the way.
    0-for-1 on reading comprehension. I said "hate on," not "hate." You've clearly outed yourself as someone who is extremely sensitive to the slightest bit of constructive criticism, and that is not a problem that I can help you with.

    I said this before. We have to live together, as people, in a cramped space like a city... we have to walk the same roads and eat at the same places and we buy our stuff at the same markets. We cannot live together if we don't adhere to a code of conduct that is good for you, me and everyone.

    It is hard to live with people because everyone has their own little quirks. So that's why, when we go out in public, we need to all not get on each others' nerves. I don't need to take **** from you and as a sign of respect, I don't give you **** to deal with from me.
    The reason I dress properly and cover my body when I go out is because that's civil. The reason I don't wear ostentatious or abusive or otherwise insulting clothing is because I don't want to be a source of discomfort for other people and I don't want to disrespect other people and I expect as much in return.

    If you don't agree with that, then you don't agree with a civilized society and respect among human beings. Respect doesn't mean that I have to take your ****. Respect means we all respect a code of conduct that has proven to be good for everyone.
    And who made you the arbiter of what constitutes a "civilized society" and "respect among human beings"? You have shown a marked lack of the latter. A civilized society would never trust your deplorable judgment on the matter. The gay is here to stay, dude. Get over it already.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #86
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Yes, I was the one who brought up flaming homosexuals. So that part of your comment we agree on. But I am still not able to discern what the question was in regards to the other 2 comments you made addressing me. So if you're not going to issue one more complete, clarifying comment about what you are saying and then ask a question, I am afraid I cannot offer you any response to whatever issue you have to ask.
    OK.

    If there are "flaming homosexuals", are there also "flaming heterosexuals"? What defines them?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #87
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It's fine that people are gay, but when they turn the dial to eleven it is offsetting. They should focus on being like the rest of us: normal. They don't need to dress as provocatively as Goths, emos, etc to say, "Hey! I'm gay!" They can just as easily say the same thing in a normal voice wearing blue jeans and a button up shirt.
    Normal is relative and to many, boring. I'm not normal and I can't force myself to be (and I'm not even gay). This is why we have a good number of our social issues. Too many people want others to be like them, and even expect others to be like them or risk alienation and ridicule from the rest of society (or at least that is what some want them to face).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Yes, I was the one who brought up flaming homosexuals.
    Do you consider this an example of flaming homosexuality?

    During the course of Defendant BILL O'REILLY's sexual rant, it became clear that he was using a vibrator upon himself, and that he ejaculated. Plaintiff was repulsed.
    and after that

    Immediately after climaxing, Defendant BILL O'REILLY launched into a discussion concerning how good he was during a recent appearance on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno: "It was funny, they used a big clip of me... Right after Brokaw and Brokaw was absolutely the most unfunny guy in the world, and the audience got a big charge out of my .... It was good."

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So the vast majority of gays are boring people but you are going to judge the entire group based on actions of a flamboyant few? I guess I should judge all women by the girls who flash their tits at Mardi Gras and all Christians by the Westboro folks who protest soldier funerals. Honestly if women and Christians want me to respect them as a group then NONE of them should act in a way in which I disapprove.
    I already addressed this, read the other comments. Don't just comment on the first comment you see. read the rest of the thread.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    OK.

    If there are "flaming homosexuals", are there also "flaming heterosexuals"? What defines them?
    Ah, well, why are you asking me. what makes you think I have the answer to this question.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •