View Poll Results: Do you think coming out announcements are overkill

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 37.50%
  • No

    8 20.00%
  • I love it when I hear of others coming out

    1 2.50%
  • It should not be news worthy

    12 30.00%
  • Other

    4 10.00%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 128

Thread: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are people who insist that homosexuals are sinners bound for Hell flaming heterosexuals?
    What?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I often say this... people who are public figures and who are gay and come out with a big song and dance and statement about it are doing a disservice to the homosexual community just like the openly gay strut-around flaming homosexuals are.

    It is the fault of the homosexuals
    Stopped reading right there.

    No it's not their fault, Rainman. It's our fault for judging people for who they are. If you disagree with me, ask yourself: How specifically does a "flaming gay" harm you? Do you have an eye condition that makes their costumes' bright colors hurt your eyes? Then go see an ophthalmologist. Are your feelings too easily hurt that they are acting in consensual ways that you do not approve of? Then go see a counselor. "If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away." Because there is no sensible reason to hate on a group of people simply for how they choose to dress or not dress, or for whom their hearts compel them to love.

    Oh and BTW, even as a straight man, I think the costumes you showed look AWESOME.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #73
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Displaying and prancing is a natural animal act.

    Even god-fearing straight boys display

    Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?-timtebowshirtless-jpg


  4. #74
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are people who insist that homosexuals are sinners bound for Hell flaming heterosexuals?
    Yes. They will be strapped to a chair and be forced to watch hawt ghey secks for all eternity.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #75
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    What?
    The conversation went to "flaming" homosexuals. I was just wondering whether there were also flaming heterosexuals, and who they might be.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

    Michael Sam is the most-recent prime example. He's a guy that was picked 249th overall and is getting far and away more press coverage than the top ten draft picks are getting. His status as homosexual has negated the athletic superiority of all the top players chosen well in advance of him, which is weird because in sports, merit comes from athletic ability, not who a athlete has sex with or prefers companionship with.
    uhm if it truly negated it he would have been drafted first and not 249, so his merit did come from his ability LOL


    whooooops
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Here's the lead photo for a conservative website, who's intention I'm sure is to shock heterosexual people. It's still not common to see public displays of affections from gay people. Eventually, most of us will become desensitized to the effect, but in the meantime, it's not an appealing image for people who don't find same sex interaction attractive or are even repulsed by it. Doesn't mean they disapprove of others being homosexual.

    I personally don't even like heterosexual displays of affection beyond a peck on the lips, cheeks, hand holding or hugs.



    Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?-article-2625377-1dbc9e0e00000578-839_634x658-jpg
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    It will stop being news worthy once equal rights is national and discrimination, hatred and bigotry are less on the issue. Until then the news will continue.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Stopped reading right there.

    No it's not their fault, Rainman. It's our fault for judging people for who they are. If you disagree with me, ask yourself: How specifically does a "flaming gay" harm you? Do you have an eye condition that makes their costumes' bright colors hurt your eyes? Then go see an ophthalmologist. Are your feelings too easily hurt that they are acting in consensual ways that you do not approve of? Then go see a counselor. "If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away." Because there is no sensible reason to hate on a group of people simply for how they choose to dress or not dress, or for whom their hearts compel them to love.

    Oh and BTW, even as a straight man, I think the costumes you showed look AWESOME.
    Well, you may whip yourself and blame yourself for whatever reason or blame the rest of us... but I don't.

    Ah, I don't hate anyone so lets dig that strawman out of the way.

    I said this before. We have to live together, as people, in a cramped space like a city... we have to walk the same roads and eat at the same places and we buy our stuff at the same markets. We cannot live together if we don't adhere to a code of conduct that is good for you, me and everyone.

    It is hard to live with people because everyone has their own little quirks. So that's why, when we go out in public, we need to all not get on each others' nerves. I don't need to take **** from you and as a sign of respect, I don't give you **** to deal with from me.
    The reason I dress properly and cover my body when I go out is because that's civil. The reason I don't wear ostentatious or abusive or otherwise insulting clothing is because I don't want to be a source of discomfort for other people and I don't want to disrespect other people and I expect as much in return.

    If you don't agree with that, then you don't agree with a civilized society and respect among human beings. Respect doesn't mean that I have to take your ****. Respect means we all respect a code of conduct that has proven to be good for everyone.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Are we obsessed with people's sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The conversation went to "flaming" homosexuals. I was just wondering whether there were also flaming heterosexuals, and who they might be.
    And you're asking me that because.... why? I must be missing something because you're making no sense to me.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •