View Poll Results: Who is more afraid? The one who feels he needs a gun, or the one who doesn't?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The person who feels he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    38 79.17%
  • The person who does NOT feel he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    10 20.83%
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 641

Thread: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

  1. #581
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Nope - that is not my argument. My argument is that the Constitution of the USA makes it right, And the Congress, the President and the Supreme Court - the guardians of the Constitution - agree with my position and not your position.

    you have never answered this question directly

    what words in Ariticle I sec 8 delegate the power to the federal government to make me register weapons I have owned for years or to prevent me from owning a machine gun?



  2. #582
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,471

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Merely owning a tool, and requiring leaving it the truck/tool shed, does one no good at the job-site. This is the problem with most that do not see the 2A as a "right of the people to keep and bear arms". You desire the right to keep registered arms coupled with the state issued privilege to actually bear them.

    I have no objection to designating and enforcing gun free zones but insist that the enforcement exist - otherwise all you have done is disarmed the law abiding (potential) victims by posting a sign easily ignored by criminals.
    And I am happy to see that you're willing to earnestly discuss this matter and be willing to meet me halfway. That's something that a lot of politically-active people in this nation have forgotten.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #583
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,689

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have never answered this question directly

    what words in Ariticle I sec 8 delegate the power to the federal government to make me register weapons I have owned for years or to prevent me from owning a machine gun?
    I have printed the relevant sections of the Constitution which gives Congress power to regulate firearms many many times over the years we have discussed this.

    Article I, Section 8

    paragraph 1 - Congress shall have the power to provide for the general welfare

    paragraph 3 - Congress shall have the power to regulate commerce

    paragraph 16 - Congress hall have the power for organizing, arming and disciplining the militia

    paragraph 18 - and to make all laws necessary and proper to execute the above powers

    I have discussed this with you many many times Turtle. None of this is anything new.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #584
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have printed the relevant sections of the Constitution which gives Congress power to regulate firearms many many times over the years we have discussed this.

    Article I, Section 8

    paragraph 1 - Congress shall have the power to provide for the general welfare

    paragraph 3 - Congress shall have the power to regulate commerce

    paragraph 16 - Congress hall have the power for organizing, arming and disciplining the militia

    paragraph 18 - and to make all laws necessary and proper to execute the above powers

    I have discussed this with you many many times Turtle. None of this is anything new.
    that's really a joke

    FDR and subsequent gun haters used the commerce clause

    none of those other things so trying to claim the general welfare allows gun bans is idiotic

    same with the militia

    I want you to say that the intent of the founders in authoring the commerce clause was to allow regulation of firearms notwithstanding the 2A.

    your concept of the general welfare is the statist utopia because it allows congress to do anything it wants



  5. #585
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,689

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's really a joke

    FDR and subsequent gun haters used the commerce clause

    none of those other things so trying to claim the general welfare allows gun bans is idiotic

    same with the militia

    I want you to say that the intent of the founders in authoring the commerce clause was to allow regulation of firearms notwithstanding the 2A.

    your concept of the general welfare is the statist utopia because it allows congress to do anything it wants
    You asked for the information and I simply provided you with it. We have discussed this many times. You are free to disagree but the Constitution supports my opinion that Congress is authorized to pass laws controlling firearms.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #586
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Well we know that what businesses that weren't looted and burned to the ground were the businesses who's owners were armed with firearms.

    We also know, that blacks were responsible for almost all of the violence, arson and murders but the majority of the looting was done by Hispanic illegal aliens.

    If you looked at East L.A. where the Americans of Mexican decent live, there was no rioting, looting or arson. They aren't stupid. They aren't going to loot Latino owned businesses or burn their own neighborhoods to the ground.



    BTW: There are very few people in Redondo Beach who are dependent on government so there was little rioting in Redondo Beach.
    Wow....you make so many generalizations and assumptions that are just plain and simply flat out wrong, I wouldn't even know where to start...and the reality is....you are so far off base on your assumptions that it wouldn't make any sense to even try to educate you. Its best that you remain behind the orange curtain.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #587
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You asked for the information and I simply provided you with it. We have discussed this many times. You are free to disagree but the Constitution supports my opinion that Congress is authorized to pass laws controlling firearms.
    the only support for gun regulations created out of thin air was the commerce clause

    do you believe that the commerce clause was intended to allow gun regulations

    and if so state why



  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wow....you make so many generalizations and assumptions that are just plain and simply flat out wrong, I wouldn't even know where to start...and the reality is....you are so far off base on your assumptions that it wouldn't make any sense to even try to educate you. Its best that you remain behind the orange curtain.
    Well if you were to drugged out back in 1992, may I suggest you borrow twenty bucks to purchase "Official Negligence." Or if you still remember what a public library is and where it is and what those things are sitting on the shelf, grab it, blow off the dust and start reading. It list who and how many were arrested. It list who looted, murdered, committed mayhem, and arson by race and by the numbers.

    Official Negligence : How Rodney King and the Riots Changed Los Angeles and the LAPD: Lou Cannon: 9780813337258: Amazon.com: Books

    So this post isn't thread drift, the book also shows where armed law abiding citizens were able to protect their lives, their family lives and their businesses.
    Last edited by APACHERAT; 05-14-14 at 06:21 PM.

  9. #589
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,689

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only support for gun regulations created out of thin air was the commerce clause

    do you believe that the commerce clause was intended to allow gun regulations

    and if so state why
    I have no idea if it was or was not.

    It is not important either way. It is there just the same to be used as necessary.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #590
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea if it was or was not.

    It is not important either way. It is there just the same to be used as necessary.
    that's dishonest. the CC has been the foundation of all federal infringements on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms.

    why don't you find some reference to something other than the CC if you are claiming its something else



Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •