View Poll Results: Who is more afraid? The one who feels he needs a gun, or the one who doesn't?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The person who feels he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    38 79.17%
  • The person who does NOT feel he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    10 20.83%
Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 641

Thread: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

  1. #571
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,565

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    We simply have to agree to disagree on this matter; I want more violent felon control via due process and you want more gun control via user fees placed on law abiiding gun owners. Which are there more of - violent felons or guns?
    Then fine - let's get rid of the user fees. Those fees aren't what's needed - the registration itself can be free.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  2. #572
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    So you support protecting the ability of gun-runners to continue to run guns, huh? Y'see, guy, when guns can't be tracked back to who illegally sold them, the ATF can't stop the gun-runners. Your fear of gun registration is completely irrational. Y'all like to point to Switzerland and Israel as bastions of freedom for gun owners - but 100% of gun are registered there, and as a result they have FAR less of a problem with people illegally selling guns. What you're not getting is that the gun manufacturers know that as long as there's no gun registration, there's more gun-running (which means they sell more guns) and more crime and fear (which means they sell more guns). You're being USED by the gun manufacturers to protect their revenue stream. It was never about 2A rights to them - it's always been about money.
    1) what moronic straw man idiocy.

    2) its already illegal to do the stuff you whine about

    3) REGISTRATION HAS BEEN USED TO CONFISCATE GUNS THAT WERE LATER DECLARED "ILLEGAL" England, NYC, NJ, CT, California

    only gun grabbers support registration. why don't you tell us how the war on drugs has worked.

    WHY WOULD REGISTRATION HURT GUN MAKERS

    see-this is why I see you as a hard core gun hater

    you support moronic harassment of gun owners and your arguments about why it is good are PATHETIC



  3. #573
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,698

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Then fine - let's get rid of the user fees. Those fees aren't what's needed - the registration itself can be free.
    Registration, if free to the user, is OK provided it is voluntary for existing guns and mandatory only for new guns and includes the full right to carry nationwide.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #574
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My so called "pathetic argument" that the Constitution allows power over guns has been accepted by every legislator who ever voted yes on a piece of gun control legislation.
    My "pathetic argument" has been accepted by every president who advocated for gun laws or signed them. And that includes Ronald Reagan.
    And my "pathetic argument" has been accepted by every judge and justice who upheld such laws in trials and appeals.

    Apparently they did not find it "pathetic" in any way shape or form. Your argument - on the other hand - that Congress does NOT have those powers seems to have been found wanting.
    claiming a bunch of politicians accepted that they had more power means nothing to me

    can you even fashion a reasonable argument for what FDR did USING THE LANGUAGE OF THE CC

    of course you cannot. FDR couldn't do it



  5. #575
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why would they be threatened by me?

    April 29th,1992....I was living in Redondo Beach. What is your point? That the riots 20 years ago is evidence that LA is a "gang infected city under foreign occupation"? LOL.....still being a drama queen I see.
    Well we know that what businesses that weren't looted and burned to the ground were the businesses who's owners were armed with firearms.

    We also know, that blacks were responsible for almost all of the violence, arson and murders but the majority of the looting was done by Hispanic illegal aliens.

    If you looked at East L.A. where the Americans of Mexican decent live, there was no rioting, looting or arson. They aren't stupid. They aren't going to loot Latino owned businesses or burn their own neighborhoods to the ground.



    BTW: There are very few people in Redondo Beach who are dependent on government so there was little rioting in Redondo Beach.

  6. #576
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,565

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Registration, if free to the user, is OK provided it is voluntary for existing guns and mandatory only for new guns and includes the full right to carry nationwide.
    Y'know, I'd agree to most of that...but only if all guns confiscated by police are destroyed - no sell-backs to the public. That way, even though it wouldn't be that effective in the short run, as the years go by, there would be fewer and fewer unregistered guns. But concerning the right to carry nationwide - IIRC that right already exists...but only within certain limits and only for those with the proper permits. Perhaps that could still be expanded a bit more, if a deal for registration could be made.

    Except for places like bars - allowing guns in bars (like GA just did) is a very, very bad idea. And guns in schools? Really?

    IMO guns - like almost everything else - fall under the "Goldilocks rule" - too much gun freedom is every bit as bad as too little. There has to be limits, there has to be sensible regulation...but by the same token, those limits and regulation must not prevent a law-abiding citizen from buying a good, effective firearm.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #577
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,091

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    claiming a bunch of politicians accepted that they had more power means nothing to me

    can you even fashion a reasonable argument for what FDR did USING THE LANGUAGE OF THE CC

    of course you cannot. FDR couldn't do it
    You have a right to accept or not accept what pleases you so that it fits in with your own belief system. All I am doing is explaining the reality of the situation to you as evidenced by the wide acceptance among all the people I listed for my "pathetic argument". What you do with it is up to you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #578
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,698

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Y'know, I'd agree to most of that...but only if all guns confiscated by police are destroyed - no sell-backs to the public. That way, even though it wouldn't be that effective in the short run, as the years go by, there would be fewer and fewer unregistered guns. But concerning the right to carry nationwide - IIRC that right already exists...but only within certain limits and only for those with the proper permits. Perhaps that could still be expanded a bit more, if a deal for registration could be made.

    Except for places like bars - allowing guns in bars (like GA just did) is a very, very bad idea. And guns in schools? Really?

    IMO guns - like almost everything else - fall under the "Goldilocks rule" - too much gun freedom is every bit as bad as too little. There has to be limits, there has to be sensible regulation...but by the same token, those limits and regulation must not prevent a law-abiding citizen from buying a good, effective firearm.
    Merely owning a tool, and requiring leaving it the truck/tool shed, does one no good at the job-site. This is the problem with most that do not see the 2A as a "right of the people to keep and bear arms". You desire the right to keep registered arms coupled with the state issued privilege to actually bear them.

    I have no objection to designating and enforcing gun free zones but insist that the enforcement exist - otherwise all you have done is disarmed the law abiding (potential) victims by posting a sign easily ignored by criminals.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #579
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have a right to accept or not accept what pleases you so that it fits in with your own belief system. All I am doing is explaining the reality of the situation to you as evidenced by the wide acceptance among all the people I listed for my "pathetic argument". What you do with it is up to you.
    Your argument is the government did what it wanted to do and that alone makes it right



  10. #580
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,091

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your argument is the government did what it wanted to do and that alone makes it right
    Nope - that is not my argument. My argument is that the Constitution of the USA makes it right, And the Congress, the President and the Supreme Court - the guardians of the Constitution - agree with my position and not your position.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •