View Poll Results: Who is more afraid? The one who feels he needs a gun, or the one who doesn't?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The person who feels he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    38 79.17%
  • The person who does NOT feel he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    10 20.83%
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 641

Thread: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,902

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sure you do...
    As I suspected - you are unable to back up your claims with any specific examples.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #442
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is a "gun trembler"? Is that a person with a shaky hand with a firearm in their possession?

    By all means please present the law supporting your claims. My copy of the US Constitution lists several powers of Congress in the area of firearms that you apparently do not have in yours. We disagree all the time on this Turtle. All the time. You also disagree with the federal government and with many laws and Court decisions in this area.

    So having said that - and meaning no disrespect to you as a person - why should I believe anything you say on this since you have presented your opinion to me many many many times before as law and it was obviously not true then? For example, the Constitiution says the Congress shall have the power to regulate, arm and discipline the militia. And we know from law that all able bodied persons are in the militia. But your position is that Congress can do no such thing.

    So again - no disrespect to you as a person - but why should I believe you on this when most of these things come down to an interpretation of the law that is NOT CUT AND DRY and are areas which even attorneys and legal experts disagree on?

    You are an attorney. I am not. So as a trained attorney please tell me something....... if a state declares some behavior as a right and the federal constitution does not recognize that behavior as a right - is that right and the exercise of that right limited to the residents of that state and only within that state and is NOT considered their right as an American but as a resident of that state?

    I am asking you to get your trained professional opinion based on current law.
    Just because you write stuff on your copy crayon doesn't change the constitution. Sorry to break the news to you.

  3. #443
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,902

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not really picky about getting answers....just when I counter an argument, you just try to ignore it and generalize. As if you are making your point....ignoring reality is not making a point.

    And you just gave me a very silly reply. Frontier kids? they wiped out entire races of people? Really?

    You also ignored the fact that parents and the media are the ones teaching kids to fear guns. Didnt address it or the analogy that proved it is all about perspective and not actual body count....cars.

    Also still never managed to provide any examples of people carrying their firearms legally in public and accidentally harming anyone else. (Just further supports my point that your fears are baseless...they are yours and you are entitled to them of course, but it's arrogant to have no real reasons to support those fears and then desire to force restrictions on others.)

    You have had your arguments countered and are now bobbing and weaving to avoid answers. I dont care if you agree with em, not in the least. But at least offer valid arguments in return instead of silly garbage to avoid doing so, like frontier kids wiping out races of people.
    So parents and the media are the ones teaching kids to fear guns. And how do they do this exactly? What nefarious methods are they employing? And real life events play no role in their attitude on guns at all?

    And why are you so unfamiliar with American history and the role guns played in it? And why are you ignoring my point in bringing up in the first place to counter your claims?

    Two can play this game.

    btw - I NEVER made a point saying that people who open carry have harmed others. That is not now and has never been my argument. So why in the world would I have to speak to your arguing against a strawman of your own creation? Why should I waste one second of my time providing evidence to a point that I never made in the first place?
    Last edited by haymarket; 05-13-14 at 07:43 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #444
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,902

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Just because you write stuff on your copy crayon doesn't change the constitution. Sorry to break the news to you.
    Insulting me does not negate a single thing I said. All it does is give evidence that you have no argument against my points.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #445
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,902

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not really picky about getting answers....just when I counter an argument, you just try to ignore it and generalize. As if you are making your point....ignoring reality is not making a point.
    By all means - when you counter my argument with anything of actual substance I will be happy to speak to it. Just please make sure it was my argument that you are countering in the first place. Do not throw something like this at me


    Also still never managed to provide any examples of people carrying their firearms legally in public and accidentally harming anyone else
    since it was NEVER my argument in the first place.
    Last edited by haymarket; 05-13-14 at 07:54 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #446
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wow!.........
    You gotta understand....I have a pitbull and a german shepherd. Anyone who is willing to come past my dogs would have to be really desperate for the stuff.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #447
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You live in Los Angeles.

    I digress but living in a gang invested city that's under foreign occupation is a damn good reason to be armed.
    We've gone through this before Apacherat. Los Angeles is hardly a gang infested city under foreign occupation. Can you be any more of a drama queen?

    The reality is....I've never felt threatened at any time here in Los Angeles. I have lived in Mid-Wilshire, West Hollywood, Redondo Beach, The valley and even in the Crenshaw District. I've never felt a need to lock my doors. Even when I go on vacation, I leave my house unlocked. Some people might call it stupid....I just refuse to live my life behind locked doors or behind that Orange curtain.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #448
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its right there in Article I Section 8 --- but you should be well aware of this since we have danced this number far too many times. You know what it says but you simply have a different interpretation of it.
    its right where?..list it for me please give me which clause...not section of the constitution.

    are you saying it maybe the power " To borrow Money on the credit of the United States"...LOL

    its sad and extremely poor, by making a statement saying "its right there" and producing nothing!
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-13-14 at 08:31 PM.

  9. #449
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You gotta understand....I have a pitbull and a german shepherd. Anyone who is willing to come past my dogs would have to be really desperate for the stuff.
    i can understand that , however leaving door unlocked, and giving a crook the easier ability to enter your place, maybe kill your pets, to steal, is not something i would like to have to live with.

  10. #450
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Insulting me does not negate a single thing I said. All it does is give evidence that you have no argument against my points.
    what points.....they are all rundown nubs, from being run over by people with facts.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-13-14 at 08:31 PM.

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •