View Poll Results: Who is more afraid? The one who feels he needs a gun, or the one who doesn't?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The person who feels he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    38 79.17%
  • The person who does NOT feel he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    10 20.83%
Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 641

Thread: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

  1. #231
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    I strongly agree - and I believe the reason why the cops are becoming more violent is because they can't make an arrest without assuming that the perp is packing. That kind of stress and fear can - will - affect not only their individual psychology but also their organizational mentality.

    It's sad that I can walk down the street in a Manila slum and feel safer than if I walk down the street in Seattle or Memphis.
    The criminals have always been 'packing' as long as cops have been. It's pretty plain thru history, even back to the 1800's. That is not an excuse. Nor is their lack of competency with their weapons (not just guns) excusable. I understand the 'reasons,' but I do not consider them excusable since they ARE the ones most likely to employ their weapons in public (besides the criminals of course) and endanger the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I see the poll, even in this Right-leaning forum, is trending toward sane, with those voting the fear resides in the person needing a gun 4:1
    Several people, including myself, didnt vote....it's not a reasonable premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #233
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,697

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but its a stupid poll because need could be for competitive shooting or vermin control etc.

    It was a bait poll and you know it
    I needed guns when I had a reasonable or not fear that my home may be invaded when I lived in an isolated farm house. I do not need guns now that I live in a village with police less than a mile away and constant patrols. The fear of crime coming to my home is gone.

    That's how I read the poll.

  4. #234
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I needed guns when I had a reasonable or not fear that my home may be invaded when I lived in an isolated farm house. I do not need guns now that I live in a village with police less than a mile away and constant patrols. The fear of crime coming to my home is gone.

    That's how I read the poll.
    I read the poll as a bait thread trying to denigrate gun owners



  5. #235
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) If they are intelligent, they know all guns have not been banned. Your only quibbling over regulations, not complete banning.

    2) That's just nonsense. Paranoid nonsense.
    Have you ever held or shot a firearm? Hand gun? Semi-auto, revolver? How about a rifle? A shotgun?

    Do you know how different all of those are? And they are different in a million ways for very specific reasons. When you choose a tool for a job...dont you want the ability to choose what is right for the job? Most comfortable, designed best, most reliable, longest battery life, highest torque, yada yada yada?

    I mean, why arent we all driving exactly the same cars? Riding the exact same bikes? Wearing the same shoes? Not *just* for vanity or looks.

    If someone chooses to own a firearm(s) they choose them for reasons. It's not up to you to tell someone else what best serves their purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you don't see the relationship between the Declaration and the Constitution?
    In the context of this discussion, there is no relationship between the two. They are completely separate documents which served completely separate purposes.

    You are wrong.

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,863

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How about 'Americans' see how limited anti-gun people are with allusions like that? Since so many of us are indeed women, Democrat, liberal, etc.
    Please take a minute to understand the context of my humorous comment.

    If that was my sole argument - or even my argument on this thread - yes, I could see how one would conclude it was limited. It is not and it was never my argument. I merely brought it up to show those who talk about "timid men" and people without guns having "inadequacies" that those sort of macho-man chest thumping bragging binges only bring to mind those humorous comparisons about guns and compensation for penis size.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #238
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please take a minute to understand the context of my humorous comment.

    If that was my sole argument - or even my argument on this thread - yes, I could see how one would conclude it was limited. It is not and it was never my argument. I merely brought it up to show those who talk about "timid men" and people without guns having "inadequacies" that those sort of macho-man chest thumping bragging binges only bring to mind those humorous comparisons about guns and compensation for penis size.
    gun haters have many motivations. one of the motivations comes from the feelings of inadequacy that cowards have



  9. #239
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please take a minute to understand the context of my humorous comment.

    If that was my sole argument - or even my argument on this thread - yes, I could see how one would conclude it was limited. It is not and it was never my argument. I merely brought it up to show those who talk about "timid men" and people without guns having "inadequacies" that those sort of macho-man chest thumping bragging binges only bring to mind those humorous comparisons about guns and compensation for penis size.

    Meh, no different from...and considerably less widespread...than the 'humorous' comparisons between cars and penis size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #240
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,863

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    gun haters have many motivations. one of the motivations comes from the feelings of inadequacy that cowards have
    An interesting premise. Could you then post some authoritative information on that so we can see if it is accurate or merely your low opinion of people who disagree with you?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •