View Poll Results: Who is more afraid? The one who feels he needs a gun, or the one who doesn't?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The person who feels he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    38 79.17%
  • The person who does NOT feel he needs a gun is the one who's more afraid.

    10 20.83%
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 641

Thread: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

  1. #221
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    But our constitution says we have the right to bears arms, and never said what type or kind of arms. Should we take that as meaning everyone can own a Howitzer or a RPG?

    Should the gubbermint have the authority, be it state or federal to write laws governing firearms, or should we just interpret the constitution any which way an individual pleases?
    why is this stupid argument constantly repeated? if you actually read the Bill of Rights, the 2A and the documents contemporary with it, the idea was weapons of a militia man or infantry regular.

    we should interpret the constitution as the founders intended. And there is nothing in the constitution that gave the federal government any authority to regulate small arms owned by private citizens

    the issue that now arises is that state governments DID have the power to regulate-consistent with state constitutions-small arms but now that the 2A has been applied to the states, there is potential conflict



  2. #222
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    On one level it is part of this entire "I am more of a manly man that you are" nonsense. Just yesterday in a gun thread it was alleged that men who did not own guns were "timid men" and had obvious "inadequacies".

    I know the gun community hates it when they are good naturedly teased bout penis metaphors and their guns but you cannot help but think about it when you read comments like that.

    How about 'Americans' see how limited anti-gun people are with allusions like that? Since so many of us are indeed women, Democrat, liberal, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So the fact that guns are the main weapon of choice in thousands upon thousands of deaths and injuries each year in this country has not a damn thing to do with peoples fear?
    You mean cars? No. Oh wait, people dont choose those as weapons, they just accidentally use them that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I would speculate that if baseball bats were the number one weapon of choice in murders each year that yes indeed people would fear them. What right do you have to pass judgment upon what people fear and what they should not fear? The fact that you take this tact tells me volumes about your ostrich like head-in-the-sand denial of basic reality on this issue.
    ROFLMAO

    Annnnnnddddd /scene
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #225
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) If they are intelligent, they know all guns have not been banned. Your only quibbling over regulations, not complete banning.

    2) That's just nonsense. Paranoid nonsense.
    1) you are making the incrementalist argument

    2) its absolutely true. it has been well documented that the dems started pushing for gun control after the Nixon attacks on Dems for being soft on crime and the fact that the public wanted the party in power to do SOMETHING about black street crime and the assassinations of the Kennedys.

    http://digitalcommons.uri.edu/cgi/vi...t=srhonorsprog

    Cramer: Racist Roots of Gun Control (1995)

    The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed not to control guns to but control blacks, and inasmuch as a majority of Congress did not want to do the former but were ashamed to show that their goal was the latter, the result was that they did neither. Indeed, this law, the first gun-control law passed by Congress in thirty years, was one of the grand jokes of our time.(56)



  6. #226
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    While it may be a agency over civilians, police officers are NOT civilians and you have been provided with countless definitions which specifically state that. But lets get beyond that and look at your claim of a logical connection in your belief.

    In point of fact it is not logical. Police have the tools they do because they do a specific job. You and I DO NOT do that job.
    yeah you have made that silly argument before and it has been thoroughly destroyed by dozens of posters.

    and you continually ignore the reason for the argument-firearms issued to CIVILIAN police agencies are both COMMON and NOT unusually dangerous.



  7. #227
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,479

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    I see the poll, even in this Right-leaning forum, is trending toward sane, with those voting the fear resides in the person needing a gun 4:1

  8. #228
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I see the poll, even in this Right-leaning forum, is trending toward sane, with those voting the fear resides in the person needing a gun 4:1
    it was a stupid poll designed to get an anti gun result

    the second option should have been

    Those who want to restrict the rights of law abiding Americans to own firearms



  9. #229
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,479

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it was a stupid poll designed to get an anti gun result

    the second option should have been

    Those who want to restrict the rights of law abiding Americans to own firearms
    That's not what was being asked. It was a comparison of those who need a gun versus those who do not.

  10. #230
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Who Is More Afraid? The One Who Feels He Needs a Gun? Or the One Who Doesn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    That's not what was being asked. It was a comparison of those who need a gun versus those who do not.
    but its a stupid poll because need could be for competitive shooting or vermin control etc.

    It was a bait poll and you know it



Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •