View Poll Results: Should drugs be legalized?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- all drugs should be legalized.

    28 50.00%
  • Yes/No- only some drugs (like pot) should be legalized

    22 39.29%
  • No- keep all drugs illegal, continue the waaughh!

    6 10.71%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 133

Thread: Drug Legalization

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Anyone that wants to keep the 'War on Drugs' simply does not understand the situation and/or has ulterior motives and/or is not capable of rational thought on this matter.

    Period.

  2. #62
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Alcohol isn't linked to lower IQ's or poor job performance.

    I understand that everyone can make choices for themselves. I just think that first, we should make sure people are making INFORMED choices, and second, we NEED to keep marijuana out of the hands of kids and teenagers.

    What's most concerning to me is how easily kids can get a hold of this stuff. For a developing brain, it's tragic, and it saddens me. We see this in Colorado.
    Ever hear of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? Ignoring two of the three gateway drugs, alcohol and cigarettes, is foolish and against current treatment. It's a matter of capitalism with cigs and booze, not to mention the stranglehold bigPharma has on this Nation and it's Military .
    Physics is Phun

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    If they were legalized the price would go way down and there would be no such thing as a $300/week cocaine habit. It would be more like a $10/week cocaine habit because that white powder is only expensive as it is because it is prohibited. People don't rob for a cup of coffee because it is cheap. And harder drugs than caffeine would also be very cheap if they were legal.

    That is an outlier argument. The vast majority of people who use drugs do not violently freak out.
    Yes they do. Certain drugs cause paranoia and violent behavior as well as hallucinations. I type about people who are in the hospital ALL the time, EVERY single day who are on drugs. They kick your arse, but alcohol is just as bad.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Did you mean to write that sentence or…?
    Si senor.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    What is a "hoosegow"? That aside, I think enticing them into becoming consumers of Colorado social services would save Texas alot of money.
    Comes from the Mexican Spanish word "jusgado" which means "prison."

    Texas and Mexico share a lot, culturally. "Hoosegow" is texas slang for jail.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Ever hear of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? Ignoring two of the three gateway drugs, alcohol and cigarettes, is foolish and against current treatment. It's a matter of capitalism with cigs and booze, not to mention the stranglehold bigPharma has on this Nation and it's Military .
    Any woman who drinks whilst pregnant should be shot.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which is why marijuana, like alcohol, shouldn't be legal for anyone under 21. I know a lot of people who want to see pot legalized, but I don't know any who want it legal for 9 year olds.
    The problem is, kids can still get a hold of it.

  8. #68
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which is why marijuana, like alcohol, shouldn't be legal for anyone under 21. I know a lot of people who want to see pot legalized, but I don't know any who want it legal for 9 year olds.
    Which caused a bit of a problem with our Soldiers during Vietnam .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #69
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The problem is, kids can still get a hold of it.
    Not any easier than they can get a hold of alcohol.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    My point is that there is really no difference between weed and alcohol. Any of the things you say about weed, can also be said about alcohol, yet that is legal. Why? Because of the powers that be who decided one day that alcohol good, other drugs bad.
    Was there really a choice when it came to alcohol? We tried to outlaw it - we even had a constitutional amendment for a while outlawing it. The problem is, alcohol is too engrained in our culture. Americans, and before that Europeans, have been drinking alcohol for millennia. So outlawing it proved impossible.

    That doesn't make alcohol good. However, in moderation, I can't say it's that bad either.

    Marijuana is in a different boat there.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •