View Poll Results: Should drugs be legalized?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- all drugs should be legalized.

    28 50.00%
  • Yes/No- only some drugs (like pot) should be legalized

    22 39.29%
  • No- keep all drugs illegal, continue the waaughh!

    6 10.71%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 133

Thread: Drug Legalization

  1. #121
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    But if the other drugs remain illegal then the drug war continues with no end in sight since demand and the black market will shift to those drugs.
    I don't necessarily agree with that. I think if people had legal means to get the high they want, they'd have less incentive to go after illegal means to get it.

    And regardless, if the drugs are harmful enough, then I'm fine continuing to fight against them. And I believe some are that harmful.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #122
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with that. I think if people had legal means to get the high they want, they'd have less incentive to go after illegal means to get it.

    And regardless, if the drugs are harmful enough, then I'm fine continuing to fight against them. And I believe some are that harmful.
    Well you'll be surprised at a new study that states alcohol is more harmful than all the drugs that are currently illegal:

    Alcohol More Dangerous Than Heroin Or Cocaine, Study Finds


  3. #123
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    a new study that states alcohol is more harmful than all the drugs that are currently illegal:
    Because alcohol is far more widely used than any of those other drugs, because it's legal and they aren't.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #124
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Because alcohol is far more widely used than any of those other drugs, because it's legal and they aren't.
    And yet drug use declined in Portugal after they decriminalized all of it in 2001.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Well you'll be surprised at a new study that states alcohol is more harmful than all the drugs that are currently illegal:

    Alcohol More Dangerous Than Heroin Or Cocaine, Study Finds

    That "study" is obviously bunk.

    Not based on science.

    Even the idiots at your link were too ****ing embarrassed to publish the methodology.

  6. #126
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    That "study" is obviously bunk.

    Not based on science.

    Even the idiots at your link were too ****ing embarrassed to publish the methodology.
    lolwhut? Its based on a paper published by the Lancet, one of the leading medical research think tanks in the world.
    Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis : The Lancet
    And it was all over the news:

    Alcohol more dangerous than heroin, study finds - Health - Addictions | NBC News
    DailyTech - Study: Alcohol is Deadliest Drug, More Dangerous Than Heroin

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    lolwhut? Its based on a paper published by the Lancet, one of the leading medical research think tanks in the world.
    I don't give a **** how many links you can find to the same flawed garbage.

    It's still nothing but junk science. Anyone who is not an idiot can clearly see that.

  8. #128
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I don't give a **** how many links you can find to the same flawed garbage.

    It's still nothing but junk science. Anyone who is not an idiot can clearly see that.
    So its flawed science because... you say so?

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    So its flawed science because... you say so?
    Because it is entirely subjective.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Drug Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Nah, I just want to tax the hell out of pot, I would never EVER want to legalize cocaine (it says legalize all drugs for an option which is dumb as **** in my opinion) or any other more dangerous substance, pot is sufficient enough. Let's give it a 30% tax on its total price. something insane so that we can profit like thieves


    Seems like any mention of super high tax rates is always enough to get all the left-wingers' collective panties wet.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •