View Poll Results: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 78.05%
  • No

    18 21.95%
  • What is affirmative action?

    0 0%
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 517

Thread: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

  1. #501
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So every western country you have visited has a barely-visible social construct of unwitting bigotry and discrimination against the minority groups in that country?
    Clearly visible to those with whom tongues are loose, and not so unwitting.

  2. #502
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Not so unwitting.
    I knowing one?

    Where the **** is this thing?

    I apparently can't see it from where I'm viewing things.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #503
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I knowing one?

    Where the **** is this thing?

    I apparently can't see it from where I'm viewing things.
    Some friends were shocked when I told them I had heard that brown eyed people should get out of Sweden. I told them that if they had blue eyes they'd have heard the same.

    While not the average attitude, it was among the most overt I've heard strangers express racism.

  4. #504
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Some friends were shocked when I told them I had heard that brown eyed people should get out of Sweden. I told them that if they had blue eyes they'd have heard the same.

    While not the average attitude, it was among the most overt I've heard strangers express racism.
    I have also heard individuals express bigoted views, and even talk about decisions made based on such (discrimination) but I never considered it part of some overall societal construct.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #505
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I have also heard individuals express bigoted views, and even talk about decisions made based on such (discrimination) but I never considered it part of some overall societal construct.
    A construct we are working to tear down, against all ignorance.

  6. #506
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A construct we are working to tear down, against all ignorance.
    So it's more of a lingering remnant than an ongoing thing?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #507
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So it's more of a lingering remnant than an ongoing thing?
    It's more perpetuated than created. Not many go for that crap these days, compared to just a couple generations ago. Pockets of ignorance that still ooze into the everyday life of minorities, but no longer a growing tumor threatening to overtake mankind.

  8. #508
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It's more perpetuated than created. Not many go for that crap these days, compared to just a couple generations ago. Pockets of ignorance that still ooze into the everyday life of minorities, but no longer a growing tumor threatening to overtake mankind.
    Must be why it never struck me as a social construct thing...I only saw remaining fragments..
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #509
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Must be why it never struck me as a social construct thing...I only saw remaining fragments..
    It can even be an NBA owner.

  10. #510
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Those were quotes, in case you didn't notice, from the Department of Labor and from one the actual US Codes (Law) governing Affirmative Action.
    yes i noticed exactly what you tried to do, but it failed, hence the advice of suggesting you quite while your posts are behind. Taking words and then posting lies about your OPINION of thier meaning doesnt fool anybody educated, honest or objective,. Nobody is falling for it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •