View Poll Results: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 78.05%
  • No

    18 21.95%
  • What is affirmative action?

    0 0%
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 517

Thread: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    And for those that don't believe that old white men hate black athletes, here's an example from a column by a well known political commentator

    Mr. Obama, Welcome to the NFL!

    For all its gracelessness, the McCain campaign, given openings by Barack, stepped in and put Muhammad Ali on the canvas.
    ..............
    This was the opening Rick Davis of McCain's campaign needed to deliver a vicious uppercut to Obama's jaw........
    What is being done here is that the hatred of black athletes is being taken out on Obama.

    In a similar way, some old white men want to destroy affirmative action, to take out their hatred of black athletes on blacks.
    Last edited by MildSteel; 05-11-14 at 09:53 AM.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    And for those that don't believe in old white male penis envy, please note these comments from another famous old white male political commentator

    Republicans can turn to completing the neutering of this presidency
    and

    Obama's presidency may last 17 or 65 more months, but it has been irreversibly neutered
    Here the desire is to castrate Obama, and rob him of his manhood. And what they want to do to Obama, they want to do to all black males.

    Of course it is no coincidence that both of those political commentators have been very vocal opponents of affirmative action.

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    There's a saying that you can't tell if a man is fool, until he starts talking. Then you can understand everything.

  4. #474
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Less qualified candidates are selected because of the color of their skin, that is inherently racist.
    No, it's not. Read the whole definition of racism.

  5. #475
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% correct
    since i understood it the first time and know what it actually means theres no need to reread it.

    it says universities, not the LAW'S or based on legal EQUALITY or based on RIGHTS or based on FACTUAL AA/EEO but the universities MADE UP policies that . . .wait for it . . . BROKE THE LAW

    hence why they lost, they were NOT practicing factual AA/EEO
    thank you AGAIN for proving the facts right and your own statement wrong

    Once again facts win and the fact remains that real AA/EEO is not racist by definition. "AA/EEO makes it ILLEGAL to make any hiring, firing, promotional, training, monetary, and benefit decisions based on race among many other things" The school choose to practice somethign different and it was found to be illegal no matter the name they called it.

    Now you can easily see the mistake you made.
    Actually, their plans were made up to comply with findings of Regents of the University of California v. Bakke which mandated "It upheld affirmative action, allowing race to be one of several factors in college admission policy."

    From http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

    "For federal contractors and subcontractors, affirmative action must be taken by covered employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities..." That means the government is telling them they must hire on race.

    eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

    If women and minorities are not being employed at a rate to be expected given their availability in the relevant labor pool, the contractor's affirmative action program includes specific practical steps designed to address this underutilization.

    Which not only mandates hiring based upon race but established an "enforceable goal" also know as quota.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So when you here that term "quota" invoked, you should know for sure, you are talking to an old fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    There should be quotas for fortune 500 companies to rid the atmosphere of their old malice.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Ok then...viewed, assumed or implied superiority is a factor in racism. AA is not racist simply because it does not assume any given race is superior or inferior.
    Except it does-it assumes, merely on the basis of skin color-that the individual can not compete equally, and is therefore in need of some sort of special status and benefit. It does not account for ANY individual merit or achievement but rather skin color alone. Just as bad, people of other skin color can be looked over or denied because they did not receive the same status and benefits-again based merely on skin color.

    AA is govt wielded racial discrimination under the guise that two wrongs make a right.

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Do as I say, not as I do son!

  9. #479
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,569

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No, it's not. Read the whole definition of racism.
    So if Bob liked punching black people because they were black that wouldn't be racist unless he also believes one race to rule them all?

    It's a little childish to try to dance around common definitions of words instead of actually defending your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #480
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Actually, their plans were made up to comply with findings of Regents of the University of California v. Bakke which mandated "It upheld affirmative action, allowing race to be one of several factors in college admission policy."

    From http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

    "For federal contractors and subcontractors, affirmative action must be taken by covered employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities..." That means the government is telling them they must hire on race.

    eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

    If women and minorities are not being employed at a rate to be expected given their availability in the relevant labor pool, the contractor's affirmative action program includes specific practical steps designed to address this underutilization.

    Which not only mandates hiring based upon race but established an "enforceable goal" also know as quota.
    translation, the broke the law. there are no qoutas or special treatment in real AA/EEO thats why they got in trouble.
    posting lies wont change this fact

    again quite while you are behind lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •