View Poll Results: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 78.05%
  • No

    18 21.95%
  • What is affirmative action?

    0 0%
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 517

Thread: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Cute! Did you think of that all by yourself?

    No strawmen from me, my friend. Just pointing out the obvious.
    It is total straw, it is an argument that denies racism in America. I've seen it a hundred times, "Obama is proof that racism has ended".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #332
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Cute! Did you think of that all by yourself?

    No strawmen from me, my friend. Just pointing out the obvious.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Liberals like racial discrimination that benefits one's own minority group.
    Yes, me, a WASP, is defending AA....because I'm Black.

    Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #334
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is total straw, it is an argument that denies racism in America. I've seen it a hundred times, "Obama is proof that racism has ended".
    That's not what she said and you dang well know it. You see? That what you posted?

    That's a strawman. Just so you'll know and can recognize one next time.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  5. #335
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    You two ladies are doing a great job here, so I'll keep reading here in this thread and just stay in the other threads to post.

    Ya'll got this just fine.
    A black man was voted into the most powerful position in the world, and he could not have done it without white votes. That to me says it all.

    Is there racism still in this country? Yes, and there always will be. There will always be sexism, people who don't like Hispanics, Jews, Asians, and so on. There are 300 million+ people here. Not everyone will care for everyone else.

    My uncle was in the Bataan Death March. That was probably one of the most horrific things that happened to American men in history. He told me he hated Japanese people for years after that, but eventually realized they didn't represent ALL Japanese people. He moved on, still bearing scars and barely being able to talk about it, but moving on. Was slavery bad? Yes. But it wasn't a government act, and it was 150 years ago, it was very few people who owned slaves, none of them are alive today, and today we have a black man as President. What more does anyone need to do?

    150 years ago my female ancestors couldn't vote, couldn't be doctors, couldn't be politicians, and so on. Wow. Should I be bitter about it? Nope.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That's not what she said and you dang well know it. You see? That what you posted?

    That's a strawman. Just so you'll know and can recognize one next time.
    It is a complete denial of racism in the US:


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Blacks just can't get a fair shot in the USA. Can you imagine if they had a chance to succeed? Why they could actually aspire to be lawyers, doctors, teachers, CEOs, accountants, Congressmen, judges, Supreme Court judges, singers, actors, models, entrepreneurs, Senators, hell, even the President of the United States. But with all this racism that exists, and every white person being against blacks, sadly, they will never have those chances.

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #337
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That's not what she said and you dang well know it. You see? That what you posted?

    That's a strawman. Just so you'll know and can recognize one next time.
    People see what they want. Amazing, isn't it?

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh brother. You think blacks are the only group that's ever been made to feel inferior? Women were inferior until the beginning of the last century. You don't think a lot of people in this country hate Muslims?
    Tell me, in the United States, what group was brought over in boats and enslaved in larger numbers than blacks? Tell me, in the United States what group was systematically prohibited from attending PUBLIC institutions of education on such a large scale as blacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Blacks were brought here by free traders, not the US government. It was longer ago than the extermination of Jews and the terrible treatment of the Asians in this country.
    Some of those free traders were, in fact Jews. Jews profited handsomely from the inhumane enslavement of blacks. That's the difference.

  9. #339
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is a complete denial of racism in the US:
    Guess what? There are people who still think women are too stupid to work or vote, and should be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen, and are second class citizens. Big ****ing deal. That hasn't stopped women from achieving greatness, has it?

  10. #340
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Tell me, in the United States, what group was brought over in boats and enslaved in larger numbers than blacks? Tell me, in the United States what group was systematically prohibited from attending PUBLIC institutions of education on such a large scale as blacks?


    Some of those free traders were, in fact Jews. Jews profited handsomely from the inhumane enslavement of blacks. That's the difference.
    Oh, so the Jews in the 20th century deserve to be exterminated because of what some Jews did 200 years before? Is that your point?

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •