View Poll Results: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 78.05%
  • No

    18 21.95%
  • What is affirmative action?

    0 0%
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 517

Thread: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

  1. #301
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,249

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    That is called a phrase not a single word. Were you focusing on the word so you could pretend anyone who uses it is a racist? thus making Bundy no more racist than anyone else that uses it?
    Ah, okay, so it was a phrase. The word Negro isn't racist.

    Thanks for clearing that up!

  2. #302
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    You weren't really confused. I know you are smarter than that. You were trying to twist words to create an argument. But carry on...
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah, okay, so it was a phrase. The word Negro isn't racist.

    Thanks for clearing that up!
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #303
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What? You can't be serious.

    Millions of Jews were exterminated for being inferior 70 short years ago. At the same time, the American government was rounding up Americans of Asian descent, stealing all of their worldly belongings - including their names - and sending them to work camps.

    What an extremely disingenuous comment.
    His comments were certainly disingenuous, but Jews were not exterminated because they were inferior so much as for the opposite reason. If you study the themes of antisemitism, they always focus on Jewish success rather than Jewish inferiority. Jews are cast as rich and powerful, weilding too much influence, sneaky and clever. This is done to elicit feelings of resentment which are then used to create a groundswell of support for their persecution, and corresponding support for whatever agenda drives those who persecute them.

    There is nothing that really unites like a common hatred.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #304
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    While AA programs are racially biased, they are not racist because they do not assume that one race is superior to the rest.
    In practice, they assume that Asians are superior to Whites who are superior to Blacks, because that is how it handicaps each when it comesto college admission.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What? You can't be serious.

    Millions of Jews were exterminated for being inferior 70 short years ago. At the same time, the American government was rounding up Americans of Asian descent, stealing all of their worldly belongings - including their names - and sending them to work camps.

    What an extremely disingenuous comment.
    I'm dead serious. I'm talking about in the United States. Jews in the United States were not brought over on slave boats. Actually some Jews participated in the black slave trade.

    As far as the Asian thing goes, Asians were not brought over in mass numbers on slaves boats anywhere near as blacks were done. They did not endure generation after generation of angry, ignorant, envious whites systematically making them feel inferior to whites in the United States.

  6. #306
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Affirmitive action laws aren't racist, they're incompetent (and ideologistic). Does anyone who stands with these AA laws really expect AA laws to lessen the 'plight' of those who need the uplift?

    For example, does the action that accepts the minority student to an 'Ivy League' type of college over other more qualified students really help that minority student? No. The minority student ends up dropping out... If someone wants to put in place an effective AA law for colleges for minorities, have the government provide vouchers and the like for minority college-bound students. If the minority student is qualified enough, then let them apply for the 'Ivy League' type of college.

    Generally speaking, have Affirmitive Action measures that are more pragmatic (that actually help minorities) and not that are powered by ideology.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-10-14 at 12:42 PM.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Affirmitive action laws aren't racist, they're incompetent (and ideologistic). Does anyone who stands with these AA laws really expect AA laws to lessen the 'plight' of those who need the uplift?

    For example, does the action that accepts the minority student to an 'Ivy League' type of college over other more qualified students really help that minority student? No. The minority student ends up dropping out... If someone wants to put in place an effecive AA law for colleges for minorities, have the government provide vouchers and the like for minority college-bound students. If the minority student is qualified enough, then let them apply for the 'Ivy League' type of college.

    Generally speaking, have Affirmitive Action measures that are more pragmatic (that actually help minorities) and not that are powered by ideology.
    I am not in favor of affirmative action when it puts people into positions that cannot do the work. That's stupid. However, I am in favor of affirmative action that puts blacks who can do the work into positions where there may be a lack of representation.

  8. #308
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    No those are your bigoted anti-white racist opinions.
    I'm sure you suffer every single day from this terrible "anti-white racism".


  9. #309
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree, people decide how justice is administered and people with money and can afford the best legal representation and that have contacts that are able to influence people with judicial power are treated differently. That's the truth.
    The underline rarely happens. That is the truth.

    And crying because someone can afford better lawyers? iLOL
    It happens all the time. Otherwise people would not pay better lawyers more money.

    I'm not crying, I'm not in court.
    You obviously are not paying attention.

    "The underline[d] rarely happens."


    And costing more because you are better, has nothing to do with the influence you insinuate.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-10-14 at 01:38 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #310
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    AA assumes blacks aren't smart enough or hard working enough to compete

    racism
    I disagree__AA simply provides excuses for personal failures, shifts blame, reassigns responsibility and demands sacrifice of the innocent_

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Erm, no. It assumes that various groups are to this day discriminated against in certain avenues of life not due to their abilities but their race or gender alone, thus the need for such legislation to compensate for those inequities. Why so many focus on African Americans alone when discussing AA is curious indeed.
    Every American minority group has managed to access and prosper from the American Capitalist Dream despite initial racial/religious/ethnic discrimination except for Black America which has done so to a far less degree_

    This suggests that their societal and economic problems are much more complex than simple "racism"_

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    While AA programs are racially biased, they are not racist because they do not assume that one race is superior to the rest.
    Once again, those "racially biased programs of AA" unjustly demand accountability and sacrifice of totally innocent people who have absolutely nothing to do with the current I]condition[/I] of Black America_

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Neither were Jews and Asians enslaved in such vast numbers and conditioned for generations to believe that they were inferior to whites.
    Actually; people of every race the world over have been both slave and slaver at some point in history_

    So after a 150 years of freedom from American slavery, it's a very lame excuse for failure and blame_

    For christ sake; it's time all people adopt a policy of personal responsibility for their actions, choices and lives_

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    that word? Bundy is an ignoant racist, anyone who thinks like he does is a racist too.
    It is possible that Bundy is "racist" but it certainly can't be determined by the statement in question_

    He's obviously your average old-timer that equates failure to the common standards of his generation_

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    You weren't really confused. I know you are smarter than that. You were trying to twist words to create an argument. But carry on...
    I believe that's called "semantics" of which I personally saw no evidence_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •