View Poll Results: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 78.05%
  • No

    18 21.95%
  • What is affirmative action?

    0 0%
Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 517

Thread: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

  1. #191
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You brought it up. In post #169



    The Constitution and all laws are ultimately interpreted and put into effect by people. People are the eyes of the law in practical terms.
    yes I did, but notices nothing their about Economic standing. You are the one that brought that up.

  2. #192
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    AA is racist, but not near as racist as the reason it is necessary.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #193
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    AA is racist, but not near as racist as the reason it is necessary.
    How Über orwellian!



  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    yes I did, but notices nothing their about Economic standing. You are the one that brought that up.
    And that's because people with money are treated differently by the system of justice. Everyone is not treated equally.

  5. #195
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    AA is racist, but not near as racist as the reason it is necessary.
    Ok you think AA has done more good then bad, okay but do you still think it is still necessary and if so will their ever be a time when it will be obsolete?

  6. #196
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    And that's because people with money are treated differently by the system of justice. Everyone is not treated equally.
    Because rich people are never punish by the law. Corruption will be always present, but once again I ask how does AA address this or fix this since it race based and economic based.

  7. #197
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    When there are much fewer Bundy and many fewer Bundy apologists. Yes, someday it wont be needed, I hope it is soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Ok you think AA was done more good then bad, okay but do you still think it is still necessary and if so will their ever be a time when it will be obsolete?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #198
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    When there are much fewer Bundy and many fewer Bundy apologists. Yes, someday it wont be needed, I hope it is soon.
    What????



  9. #199
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    When there are much fewer Bundy and many fewer Bundy apologists. Yes, someday it wont be needed, I hope it is soon.

    AA was never needed.
    But when there are fewer folks who willing make false claims of racism against those who actually care like Bundy, we will be better off.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #200
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Are Affirmative Action programs racist?[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    ou believe that our justice system treats people the same regardless of how much money they have, and that's simply not true.
    In general - Wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree, people decide how justice is administered and people with money and can afford the best legal representation and that have contacts that are able to influence people with judicial power are treated differently. That's the truth.
    The underline rarely happens. That is the truth.

    And crying because someone can afford better lawyers? iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •