View Poll Results: Does the world owe you something for being born

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • World owes me nothing

    24 88.89%
  • World owes me at least the basics of life

    3 11.11%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: Does the world owe you anything

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The gov has no right to do so except that might makes right. If you are born into an oppressive go you have to fight to overthrow it.
    So you are saying that people have a right to take someone else's property, if they have the power to do so?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I was raised that the world does not owe you a thing so get out there and work for what you want. Others seem to have been raised to feel that they are owed something simply because they were born. This debate on health care is a good example of that. My feeling is that if you want health care then get a job and buy insurance while others think you deserve health care just because. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    World owes you nothing but if you are fortunate enough to be born in a country where people have earned certain rights by the ballot or the sword you inherit those rights.
    That's the problem I'm having with your argument right there.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So you are saying that people have a right to take someone else's property, if they have the power to do so?
    Unfortunately yes.We took America from the indians didn't we.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Unfortunately yes.We took America from the indians didn't we.
    That's not the way civilized society operates. That is the way of uncivilized barbarians.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    That's the problem I'm having with your argument right there.
    Being born entitles you to nothing beyond the laws of the land you are born in. You work within those parameters just like everyone else. You should not expect to be given a nice home or a nice car or take nice vacations unless you earn them.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Being born entitles you to nothing beyond the laws of the land you are born in. You work within those parameters just like everyone else. You should not expect to be given a nice home or a nice car or take nice vacations unless you earn them.
    Right but you said you were owed nothing, but clearly you are owed something even if thats just your rights

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •