View Poll Results: Does the world owe you something for being born

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • World owes me nothing

    24 88.89%
  • World owes me at least the basics of life

    3 11.11%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Does the world owe you anything

  1. #31
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    You were told wrong.
    Not at all. It worked for me & my siblings. I'm sorry if you weren't able to make a good life for yourself.

  2. #32
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I was raised that the world does not owe you a thing so get out there and work for what you want. Others seem to have been raised to feel that they are owed something simply because they were born. This debate on health care is a good example of that. My feeling is that if you want health care then get a job and buy insurance while others think you deserve health care just because. I don't get it.

    I think the world owes me anything that was stolen and returned to the rightful owner; me if applicable or just compensation to settle the debt. I think the world owes me freedom. I think the world owes me an even playing field and equal protection under the law without undue and unfair discrimination. I think when it comes to natural resources that have diminishing and limited supply should be public property (and I'm a member of the public) and their consumption intelligently regulated.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #33
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    We each owe the world to make it a better place than we found it, socially, economically and environmentally.
    Why?

    .
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  4. #34
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    BUT does the world owe you anything just because you are here?
    Yes. The world owes me a Ferrari. I'll take a red one please.

    I said please.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Yes. The world owes me a Ferrari. I'll take a red one please.

    I said please.
    Like this?

    Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz - YouTube

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So you don't believe you have any right to them, and hence would be owed them, but you still fight to take them from other people? Don't you have any standards for yourself?
    Weird rambling post that makes no sense.

  7. #37
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't think so but because they put Honey Boo Boo on cable, TLC owes us all an apology
    I have it on good authority that you have the full DVD box set (with outtakes and bloopers) on pre-order.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #38
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    The world owes me an honest shot.

    Doesn't mean I'll get it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #39
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I was raised that the world does not owe you a thing so get out there and work for what you want. Others seem to have been raised to feel that they are owed something simply because they were born. This debate on health care is a good example of that. My feeling is that if you want health care then get a job and buy insurance while others think you deserve health care just because. I don't get it.
    No not particularly. Individuals or institutions may owe me something. For example I work and so long as I am employed there I am owed a paycheck. But the world in general? Nope

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does the world owe you anything

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not at all. It worked for me & my siblings. I'm sorry if you weren't able to make a good life for yourself.
    My life is great. But I guarantee you we didn't have the same opportunities.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •