View Poll Results: What should Obama do about the captured Nigerian girls

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go in and find the girls right away without help from any other nation

    6 13.33%
  • Get approval from congress then act

    7 15.56%
  • Just help the goverment where the girs live

    8 17.78%
  • Do nothing

    24 53.33%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    I think since the africans are going to sell the girls we should just buy them. Amazing how africans still practice slavery but nothing ever gets done about it. Thank god crackas found slavery wrong and fought to free the slaves

  2. #112
    Educator LadyMoonlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New South Wales, Australia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    846

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Does America have the right to interfere in another country's culture/religion? This is what this is. I was under the impression that all cultures are equal and we should be embracing differences, isn't that the mantra! Yet, here we are, condemning another culture/religion, and anyone who thinks it is not cultural/religious is very much mistaken.

    This sort of thing happens daily/weekly/monthly, it's just that sometimes it makes it to international news and sometimes it doesn't. It is like the outrage that occurs when a woman somewhere is honour-killed. One case makes it to the international news and people raise their fists to the air, shout and carry on and then go about their business and forget the thousands upon thousands of honour-killings that happen every year. Slavery is a fact of life in Africa and the Middle East and has been for thousands of years and its not going to change anytime soon. Not one cent of foreign aid - economic, medical, military - should go to any country that has any kind of system of slavery, honour-killings, FGM, child brides etc. etc. Hmmmmm, most Muslim countries in other words, and of course others like India.

    No point in asking the UN to get involved. The UN is too busy condemning Israel for existing, they have no time to deal with unimportant things like slavery and other interesting cultural/religious happenings in the world!

  3. #113
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    I say sure if he volunteers. Strap a gun on his back and send him in!

  4. #114
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    If they ask for help we should help them.
    Only if they offer to pay us for our help.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #115
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    If it is possible we should of course intervene. Civilization demands it.
    They're not civilized. Where did you get the idea that the U.S. gets to impose our views on everyone else, just because we have the military strength to do it? Civilization demands that we let Nigeria act in accordance with their own laws.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #116
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They're not civilized. Where did you get the idea that the U.S. gets to impose our views on everyone else, just because we have the military strength to do it? Civilization demands that we let Nigeria act in accordance with their own laws.
    Because we can. We don't need any 'right'.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    I think since the africans are going to sell the girls we should just buy them. Amazing how africans still practice slavery but nothing ever gets done about it. Thank god crackas found slavery wrong and fought to free the slaves
    Wh ... Wh ... Wh ... What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wh ... Wh ... Wh ... What?
    read it

  9. #119
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMoonlight View Post
    Does America have the right to interfere in another country's culture/religion? This is what this is. I was under the impression that all cultures are equal and we should be embracing differences, isn't that the mantra! Yet, here we are, condemning another culture/religion, and anyone who thinks it is not cultural/religious is very much mistaken.

    This sort of thing happens daily/weekly/monthly, it's just that sometimes it makes it to international news and sometimes it doesn't. It is like the outrage that occurs when a woman somewhere is honour-killed. One case makes it to the international news and people raise their fists to the air, shout and carry on and then go about their business and forget the thousands upon thousands of honour-killings that happen every year. Slavery is a fact of life in Africa and the Middle East and has been for thousands of years and its not going to change anytime soon. Not one cent of foreign aid - economic, medical, military - should go to any country that has any kind of system of slavery, honour-killings, FGM, child brides etc. etc. Hmmmmm, most Muslim countries in other words, and of course others like India.

    No point in asking the UN to get involved. The UN is too busy condemning Israel for existing, they have no time to deal with unimportant things like slavery and other interesting cultural/religious happenings in the world!
    Of course we can condemn their idiotic "culture". It is crap and they are barbarian pieces of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Should prez Obama try to free those captured girls in Nigeria

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    1. I think since the africans are going to sell the girls we should just buy them.

    2. Amazing how africans still practice slavery but nothing ever gets done about it.

    3. Thank god crackas found slavery wrong and fought to free the slaves
    1. Kinda funny...

    2. Lots is changing there... takes time and conflict though. Read some history.

    3. Wh . Wh . Wh . What? I have to assume that this is another attempt at humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •