View Poll Results: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 41.18%
  • No

    10 58.82%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Only if you actually believe that more votes = more power. In reality it's more money = more power, and last time I checked white people are still winning that game.
    And I suppose that is the question here. It could translate into some increase in political power if blacks folks actually start voting and used that tiny bit of power that they have to vote wisely. But I think you are correct. At the end of the day, people with money call the shots. Part of the problem is that they control people's minds through the media and the presentation of role models. What I find astonishing is that someone like Beyonce is put on a pedestal for black women to look up to, while someone as brilliant as Angela Davis can hardly be seen. Amazing, but not surprising, given that everything in this country revolves around money. Beyonce serves the interests of people with money well, Angela Davis does not.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

    And there are a host of other diseases that are more prevalent in every racial group. Whites. Asians. etc. A child of a mixed race breed is likely (not 100% but likely, as in, odds aren't in his favor) to inherit to worst genetic or other disorders from both worlds. So that's why if we'll all be mixed race, we'll all be succeptible to all the genetic disorders known to man. And that is how species go extinct.
    OMG!!!!!!
    Ok, let's address the first Mis-truth.
    That guy pulled that stuff out of his rear end. It's amazing the type of things people will say.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The problem is you really don't understand what you have posted. And your comments indicate that. It appears that I understand the material better than you, and I'm not an expert in genetics. I have some scientific background however, and that's why I have a better grasp on the material than you do.
    ----------
    Perhaps you should start posting from medical papers, if you understand them. Because your comments on the material that you have provided thus far are foolishness.
    -----
    No, I don't need to see your diploma. I already have a good idea of what the depth of your understanding of this subject is. Since you want to talk about the comments you have made, let's do just that.

    Tell me, where the hell did you get the following absurd notion from?
    ----------
    Either you are the most brilliant genetic scientist in the world or you are absolutely ignorant. First of all do you actually know what you posted in that article on genetics? No one, I repeat no one, has found any direct genetic cause of disease. What has been found are associations between gene variations and certain diseases. But these associations have had no predictive value whatsoever in being able to predict whether a person will actually have the disease. Do you realize that? It's just like I was explaining to someone else, some one researching lung cancer may find that people who buy cigarette lighters are more likely to have lung cancer. Does that mean that cigarette lighters cause lung cancer? No it doesn't. The article you posted on genetics, merely pointed out they had found some gene variations that have been associated with certain types of disease. Nothing more. From that you have extrapolated that crap that you just posted. But then I don't know, perhaps you are very brilliant and have some medical research that talks about such findings.

    That's the problem I have with people who come on forums like these and start posting things that they don't really understand. Then they make these absurd comments based on their distorted understanding.
    So 3/4th of your comment was that you understand the article. As in ,literally, you just saying that you understand the article and that i don't.
    Instead of proving that you understand the subject, you just say that you do. You're the fat guy who says you're eating healthy and you understand that you have to work out but for the past 2 years you've not lost a single ounce of fat.

    Re-read what I posted and attack the arguments with facts if not, I'm kinda bored of entertaining people who live in a make-belief world and pick and choose the facts.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    So 3/4th of your comment was that you understand the article. As in ,literally, you just saying that you understand the article and that i don't.
    Instead of proving that you understand the subject, you just say that you do. You're the fat guy who says you're eating healthy and you understand that you have to work out but for the past 2 years you've not lost a single ounce of fat.

    Re-read what I posted and attack the arguments with facts if not, I'm kinda bored of entertaining people who live in a make-belief world and pick and choose the facts.
    Doesn't look like you have much math background either. Here's what you posted.

    And there are a host of other diseases that are more prevalent in every racial group. Whites. Asians. etc. A child of a mixed race breed is likely (not 100% but likely, as in, odds aren't in his favor) to inherit to worst genetic or other disorders from both worlds. So that's why if we'll all be mixed race, we'll all be succeptible to all the genetic disorders known to man. And that is how species go extinct.
    Here you have said

    "A child of a mixed race breed is likely (not 100% but likely, as in, odds aren't in his favor) to inherit to worst genetic or other disorders from both worlds"
    Which of the scientists in the articles that you posted came up with that conclusion? The answer to that question is none of them. That is something that you have invented. If you are basing that on genetics, which it seems you are trying to do by posted the first article on mixed Mexican children, either you are the most brilliant geneticist in the world, or you are ignorant. It's one of the two, because that article, nor the second one that you posted comes to that conclusion. Neither is there anything in either of those articles that would lead us to that conclusion. So either you are very brilliant, and you know something that no one else has discovered, or you simply do not understand the material you have posted.

    Then next of all you make this assertion

    "So that's why if we'll all be mixed race, we'll all be suceptible to all the genetic disorders known to man. And that is how species go extinct."
    As a result of you faulty conclusion in the first statement, you come to another false conclusion, namely that if everyone is of mixed race, everyone will be susceptible to ALL the diseases known to man. Again, it is something that you have simply invented, You don't have the slightest bit of evidence to support that notion. What is it in the material that you have posted that leads you to that conclusion?

    Then finally you reach the false conclusion that as a result of being mixed race, humans will become extinct. It's just an absurd notion. Again, what is it exactly in the material you are basing that on? There is nothing, absolutely nothing in what you have posted so far that would lead on to that conclusion. You have simply misunderstood what you have read.

    Those were directly your words from post #54.

    BTW, those are not the only ridiculous statements that you have made in this thread. Here's a particularly ignorant conclusion that you put forward in this thread

    It's people like you who are softly pro-genocide. Only you market it as a good thing. like it's a soft drink. Drink Geno Cider. It's good for you!

    Not to mention that if that happens, we're all going to be a bunch of disease-ridden runts because most people of mixed racial groups inherit the disease susceptibility of both races. Not exactly good for the species.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Doesn't look like you have much math background either. Here's what you posted.

    Here you have said

    Which of the scientists in the articles that you posted came up with that conclusion? The answer to that question is none of them. That is something that you have invented. If you are basing that on genetics, which it seems you are trying to do by posted the first article on mixed Mexican children, either you are the most brilliant geneticist in the world, or you are ignorant. It's one of the two, because that article, nor the second one that you posted comes to that conclusion. Neither is there anything in either of those articles that would lead us to that conclusion. So either you are very brilliant, and you know something that no one else has discovered, or you simply do not understand the material you have posted.

    Then next of all you make this assertion

    As a result of you faulty conclusion in the first statement, you come to another false conclusion, namely that if everyone is of mixed race, everyone will be susceptible to ALL the diseases known to man. Again, it is something that you have simply invented, You don't have the slightest bit of evidence to support that notion. What is it in the material that you have posted that leads you to that conclusion?

    Then finally you reach the false conclusion that as a result of being mixed race, humans will become extinct. It's just an absurd notion. Again, what is it exactly in the material you are basing that on? There is nothing, absolutely nothing in what you have posted so far that would lead on to that conclusion. You have simply misunderstood what you have read.

    Those were directly your words from post #54.

    BTW, those are not the only ridiculous statements that you have made in this thread. Here's a particularly ignorant conclusion that you put forward in this thread
    So it is pretty clear you haven't read anything. So now I am forced to educate you because unlike you, I argue the merits of your argument, not your BS.
    Did you look at the genetic disorders and how they spread?

    If you have a genetic disorder, there is a good chance your offsprings will have that disorder. Same for blood disorders, like sickle cell which is an inherited diseases.
    These diseases don't occupy the same positions in the gene sequence of your DNA. Which means that if you have 2 people each with a genetic disorder, their offsprings could very well inherit both genetic disorders.

    One of the articles explained this to you.

    The other one was to give an example on one such a disease. Sickle cell, which while it is something that is found in all people of all racial groups, it is many times more prevalent in african and african-descendant people. As in, they are much more likely to have it. But that's a blood disease and it was to point out that there is more than just genetic disorders. There are blood disorders too.

    Lets talk genetics.
    The ratio for a genetic disorder to be passed on is 3/4. So there is just a 1/4 chance that said genetic disorder is not going to be transmitted. Or 25% out of 100%. Which is why I said in my comment, it's likely but not 100%. It's 75%. People who have a genetic disorder are known as genetic disorder carriers and that disorder may trigger or may lay dorment. But just because it's dormant doesn't make it inactive, it can be passed on. And that's what it does. Most of the times. Like the hunger games, the odds are not in your favor.

    So lets look at 2 genetic disorders from 2 ethnic groups in concrete examples.
    An European marries a jew and one has Fabry and the other has Tay Sachs.
    The offsprings have a 75% chance to inherit each one. So given enough children, a few won't have any disorder. The majority will have 1 out of 2, and the unlucky few will have both. It's mathematics. Same, lets marry a jew to a african. Tay sachs and sickle cell, the rules of mathematics don't bend. Same ratios. Asians have their own share. Arabs have their own. Everyone has their own little nook of genetic disorders, some more than others... some more deadly than others. And so it stands to reason that given sufficient time, if you were to be an individual whom, down the line of your ancestry, had all the races... you'd probably inherit them them all. Like the pokemons. That's just how it works.

    I said that there are diseases that are cross-races. And there are. But some are more common among some racial groups than in others. So you're increasing the odds and that's what we're talking about.

    And you know why they can get both diseases? Because each disease occupies a different slot on the gene sequences in the gene code. So you can have all the diseases, all the genetic disorders, all of them. You can get them all in your gene code. And it doesn't mean that they'll all trigger. It doesn't mean that they'll all affect you. But you are a carrier and you will spread them on. And given sufficient time, since the odds are 3 to 1, everyone will get worse and worse. And that's how our species dies.

    I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this because it's like... obvious. But again, you keep talking the talk, saying that you're so good at math, but can't make simple mathematics like calculating percentages and odds and understanding how with each iteration (every generation) the odds always get worse under the kind of future you aspire to. And that's not even counting the moral factor of extinction of multiple races just to have 1. I think it's kinda condemnable to wish the extinction of all races just so have one...

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    So it is pretty clear you haven't read anything. So now I am forced to educate you because unlike you, I argue the merits of your argument, not your BS.

    Did you look at the genetic disorders and how they spread?

    If you have a genetic disorder, there is a good chance your offsprings will have that disorder.

    These diseases don't occupy the same positions in the gene sequence of your DNA.

    Which means that if you have 2 people each with a genetic disorder, their offsprings could very well inherit both genetic disorders.

    One of the articles explained this to you.
    And this is the basis of your foolishness, like I said before. You simply do not understand what you have read. You have taken an association of genetic variation with a particular disease and interpreted that to mean that it is a cause of the disease, and that is simply stupid. There is no other term for that interpretation other than stupid. Do you realize that none of these associations have been able to predict any disease?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    And this is the basis of your foolishness, like I said before. You simply do not understand what you have read. You have taken an association of genetic variation with a particular disease and interpreted that to mean that it is a cause of the disease, and that is simply stupid. There is no other term for that interpretation other than stupid. Do you realize that none of these associations have been able to predict any disease?
    What?

    This isn't like, a harmless genetic variation that says how big your nose is. this is a disease that needs treatment.

    Do you understand what the term "hereditary" means?
    Re-read what I wrote. Just because you have the genes that give you a certain genetic disease, it may not be triggered. I used the term "dormant". But you are still a carrier and you can pass it on. The odds are 3 to 1 that it will be passed on.

  8. #118
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Your natural reflex was to deny the truth and blame the destruction before your eyes on others.
    Did African Americans found Detriot? Were black owned businesses the predominate economic and political force for its 300 year history?

    To assess Detroit's economic problems to African Americas is a simplistic understanding of what caused Detroit's current economic problems...at the least. You have at your disposal a powerful tool to enlighten yourself...whether you use it is up to you.


  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    What?

    This isn't like, a harmless genetic variation that says how big your nose is. this is a disease that needs treatment.

    Do you understand what the term "hereditary" means?
    Re-read what I wrote. Just because you have the genes that give you a certain genetic disease, it may not be triggered. I used the term "dormant". But you are still a carrier and you can pass it on. The odds are 3 to 1 that it will be passed on.
    And again here is your problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Just because you have the genes that give you a certain genetic disease, it may not be triggered.
    You simply do not understand what you have read. No one has found genes that give you a disease. It's just not there. All they have found genetic variations that are associated with the disease. That's why I asked you if you knew anything about statistics. The variations that they have found do not predict whether someone will have the disease. It doesn't have anything to do with being dormant. Again the example that I gave earlier. Someone doing research may find that there is a correlation between people who buy cigarette lighters and people who get lung cancer. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT BUYING CIGARETTE LIGHTERS CAUSES LUNG CANCER. In a similar way, these gene variations have merely been found to correlate with people who get the disease. It doesn't mean that they cause the disease. No one, I repeat, no one has yet found the causal link between the variations and the disease. If you have, that would make you the world's most brilliant geneticist. But you are not. You are simply posting rubbish and you keep repeating it.

    What you need to do is read about the missing heritability problem and genome wide association studies.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Will Changing Voter Demographics Mean Increased Political Power For Blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Did African Americans found Detriot? Were black owned businesses the predominate economic and political force for its 300 year history?

    To assess Detroit's economic problems to African Americas is a simplistic understanding of what caused Detroit's current economic problems...at the least. You have at your disposal a powerful tool to enlighten yourself...whether you use it is up to you.
    Good point.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •