View Poll Results: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, They are exploiting Benghazi

    73 68.87%
  • No

    27 25.47%
  • Other

    6 5.66%
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 339

Thread: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

  1. #321
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    One of the biggest tragedies regarding Benghazi-was that there were numerous occasions where additional security was requested, and ignored. They didnt feel safe there, they had been attacked before. And when the bullets started flying-she didn't pick up the phone.

    choices were made, some were made in error, some were made with false assumptions.

    so it goes
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    choices were made, some were made in error, some were made with false assumptions.

    so it goes
    not so it goes-thats not good enough. We need to find out what happened and why, remember a bi-partisan committee stated this attack was preventable. This is BESIDES the fact that the events were misrepresented to the public even when they knew better, and the fact that the administration continues to be oppositional.

    Make "so it goes" is fine with you. But its not to me.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    not so it goes-thats not good enough. We need to find out what happened and why, remember a bi-partisan committee stated this attack was preventable. This is BESIDES the fact that the events were misrepresented to the public even when they knew better, and the fact that the administration continues to be oppositional.

    Make "so it goes" is fine with you. But its not to me.
    do you really think anything could have been done on the night of the attack that would have prevented those 4 from dying that night?

    what documents are needed to prove this point? Obama and Clinton's private correspondence. top secret information about CIA activities?

    anything with CIA involvement is bound to be locked up for 50+ years.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    do you really think anything could have been done on the night of the attack that would have prevented those 4 from dying that night?

    what documents are needed to prove this point? Obama and Clinton's private correspondence. top secret information about CIA activities?

    anything with CIA involvement is bound to be locked up for 50+ years.
    If nothing could have been done the night of the attack, they shouldn't have been there. 3 of those men would still be alive (maybe even the 4th). Perhaps there are some secrets, fine-I say let the investigative committee review them and tell us their findings.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If nothing could have been done the night of the attack, they shouldn't have been there. 3 of those men would still be alive (maybe even the 4th). Perhaps there are some secrets, fine-I say let the investigative committee review them and tell us their findings.
    unfortunatly they had to be there, because it was important to show support for the libyan government.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    unfortunatly they had to be there, because it was important to show support for the libyan government.
    So what you are saying is that Hillary valued supporting the libyan govt more than the life of an Ambassador? You sure you want to go with that?

    She received several requests for help-they were denied. Even after an attack early in the year, she denied sending security. Other western consulates were attacked-she again refused to send security.

    Its odd that she never used your defense, isnt it?

  7. #327
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i don't think there is anything Hillary could have done to save the lives of those four people at the time of the attack.
    Of course Cankles couldn't. But her BOSS could have. And I don't mean Slick Willie.
    Liberalismdividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Uhh, when did I get on about Geithner? And to my broader point, you guys have the audacity to explain exactly what is going on in each candidates head-and it always favors your side. I see it as childish.
    I meant "you" in the sense of the "Scandal a Day" Club.

    And just a bit ironic to hear you credit this telepathic ability to those on the Left. You may recall earlier in this thread (post #194) my comment regarding:

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Exactly as I had stated an attempt to turn a simple line of questioning into an emotional and visceral event.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    You guys always seem to know what people are thinking, their motivations. Maybe that's why you often don't know what's going on yer continually distracted reading people's minds.
    This is SOP at Fx Noise. I'm continually hearing them tell me why members of the administration are doing things. They don't focus on what was done or what was said, and they don't stop at speculating about why they TELL me why. "Obama knew x wasn't true when he said it we know that now." "They're trying to blah." "They believe that " what is it "they" believe? "Well, lemme tell ya! They believe that America is rotten, no good, the problem with the world today. They want to, yes, destroy America."

    Now, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I don't want the haters on the Right to have that satisfaction. But this is poisoning the political atmosphere in this country. Fx Noise and right-wing hate media spew toxic waste out of fire hoses into the face of America 24/7. The only good news is that it will implode. Hateful liars always lose in the end.

    This is the level of discussion I seek to avoid. My goal is to stick to evidence, logic, reason. I don't have ANY problem with conservatives. But a viscous hysteria has developed in recent years on the Right. I never called Mr. Bush a liar. He's a gentleman, a patriot, a fine citizen. Obama is the same damn thing. He's not the problem. People like Blech and Limpbaugh they're the problem. Our heroes. Gonna save the country from that lying Kenyan, Muslim, America-hating, commie fraud. There's not much that could be more disgusting.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im amazed at how many lefties will enter these threads knowing absolutely nothing about the facts (as an example, in trying to blame it on "republican" funding cuts-though Clinton herself said it had nothing to do with the attacks)
    A very narrow interpretation. Did Republicans seek large cuts in the budget for overseas diplomatic security? Then I have to listen to all this nonsense about all the booze and expensive furniture she bought. Nothing at all to back it up. "Rush and Sean both said it." No numbers. No evidence. Just slanderous invectives. Well beneath the dignity of men like Reagan and the Bushes.

    >>but then will arrogantly state that its a false scandal, and then tell us whats in Mitt Romney's head, based on a photo of him smiling. I can't imagine thinking like this.

    Why is is any more arrogant to claim that it's not a scandal than it is to claim that it IS one? Nothing AT ALL has come of it. "Well that's because they're covering up." And when nothing does come of it? "They covered up and got away with it. And the media covered it up too, or else they would have been exposed." Yeah.

    http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKtkmQwG0-o?feature=oembed

    Like I said, watching the clip from the debate, it is entirely obvious why Obama smiled. Romney goes and on, not answering the question, and eventually says that he knows F & F "has been investigated to a degree." Obama chuckles. Fwiw, not the same as a smirk walking off the stage from that statement. You seem to think he saw something offstage that prompted it. Fine.

    As I said, I don't care at all what facial expressions he made. He expressed his sympathy and concern, offered his condolences. He should have walked away. But the morons he had advising him persuaded him to ATTACK. "You must strike now! Obama is vulnerable on foreign policy. Weak, indecisive, woefully short of feck." Romney embarrassed himself, his party, and the nation. The staffer I mentioned says it cost him the election. Good thing, if ya ask me.

    >>YOU dont want to know the specifics, I do.

    I already know them. They are known. You want them to be something else.

    >>when the bullets started flying-she didn't pick up the phone.

    Yeah.

    >>this attack was preventable

    So was the original 9/11. "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S." I don't blame Bush; I blame Chaingang Mr. National Security.

    >>So what you are saying is that Hillary valued supporting the libyan govt more than the life of an Ambassador? You sure you want to go with that?

    Stevens valued his work enough to take chances like that over and over and over again.

    I have asked repeatedly for the "conservative" view of John Christopher as of Sept 10, 2012. I've not yet heard a peep. From what I understand, he was pretty much like a son to her, the son she never had. I won't go into it, because I don't want her feelings urinated on as being just a lot of fakery.

  9. #329
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,045

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Its a political party, they all exploit whatever they can get their hands on.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Are Republicans Exploiting Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    I meant "you" in the sense of the "Scandal a Day" Club.

    And just a bit ironic to hear you credit this telepathic ability to those on the Left. You may recall earlier in this thread (post #194) my comment regarding:





    This is SOP at Fx Noise. I'm continually hearing them tell me why members of the administration are doing things. They don't focus on what was done or what was said, and they don't stop at speculating about why — they TELL me why. "Obama knew x wasn't true when he said it — we know that now." "They're trying to blah." "They believe that …" — what is it "they" believe? "Well, lemme tell ya! They believe that America is rotten, no good, the problem with the world today. They want to, yes, destroy America."

    Now, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I don't want the haters on the Right to have that satisfaction. But this is poisoning the political atmosphere in this country. Fx Noise and right-wing hate media spew toxic waste out of fire hoses into the face of America 24/7. The only good news is that it will implode. Hateful liars always lose in the end.

    This is the level of discussion I seek to avoid. My goal is to stick to evidence, logic, reason. I don't have ANY problem with conservatives. But a viscous hysteria has developed in recent years on the Right. I never called Mr. Bush a liar. He's a gentleman, a patriot, a fine citizen. Obama is the same damn thing. He's not the problem. People like Blech and Limpbaugh — they're the problem. Our heroes. Gonna save the country from that lying Kenyan, Muslim, America-hating, commie fraud. There's not much that could be more disgusting.



    A very narrow interpretation. Did Republicans seek large cuts in the budget for overseas diplomatic security? Then I have to listen to all this nonsense about all the booze and expensive furniture she bought. Nothing at all to back it up. "Rush and Sean both said it." No numbers. No evidence. Just slanderous invectives. Well beneath the dignity of men like Reagan and the Bushes.

    >>but then will arrogantly state that its a false scandal, and then tell us whats in Mitt Romney's head, based on a photo of him smiling. I can't imagine thinking like this.

    Why is is any more arrogant to claim that it's not a scandal than it is to claim that it IS one? Nothing AT ALL has come of it. "Well that's because they're covering up." And when nothing does come of it? "They covered up and got away with it. And the media covered it up too, or else they would have been exposed." Yeah.

    http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKtkmQwG0-o?feature=oembed

    Like I said, watching the clip from the debate, it is entirely obvious why Obama smiled. Romney goes and on, not answering the question, and eventually says that he knows F & F "has been investigated — to a degree." Obama chuckles. Fwiw, not the same as a smirk walking off the stage from that statement. You seem to think he saw something offstage that prompted it. Fine.

    As I said, I don't care at all what facial expressions he made. He expressed his sympathy and concern, offered his condolences. He should have walked away. But the morons he had advising him persuaded him to ATTACK. "You must strike — now! Obama is vulnerable on foreign policy. Weak, indecisive, woefully short of feck." Romney embarrassed himself, his party, and the nation. The staffer I mentioned says it cost him the election. Good thing, if ya ask me.

    >>YOU dont want to know the specifics, I do.

    I already know them. They are known. You want them to be something else.

    >>when the bullets started flying-she didn't pick up the phone.

    Yeah.

    >>this attack was preventable

    So was the original 9/11. "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S." I don't blame Bush; I blame Chaingang — Mr. National Security.

    >>So what you are saying is that Hillary valued supporting the libyan govt more than the life of an Ambassador? You sure you want to go with that?

    Stevens valued his work enough to take chances like that over and over and over again.

    I have asked repeatedly for the "conservative" view of John Christopher as of Sept 10, 2012. I've not yet heard a peep. From what I understand, he was pretty much like a son to her, the son she never had. I won't go into it, because I don't want her feelings urinated on as being just a lot of fakery.
    You mention logic, evidence, and reason, and yet you make these claims that contradict the evidence, make illogical assumptions (regarding why a candidate smiled, really?) and say its reasonable that there is nothing here. Thats quite a leap.

    Hillary Clinton herself said there were NO budgetary reasons for not increasing security in Benghazi. Her words, public record-and now you expect everyone to make the inferences you would like made, when the facts dont reflect that. Much like your inferences about knowing exactly what was in both Romney and Obama's heads. Its a pretty weak argument, perhaps it has sway with you, I dont know.

    Now, on the other end where an inference CAN logically and rationally be made-A now-murdered Ambassador who begged multiple times for security, where initial inquiries reveal the attack was entirely preventable, and where the White house line contradicts the evidence it only released when it was forced to-and with an increasing presence of Radical islamists under this President-at THAT point, you say THAT cant be an actual scandal, or issue.

    Well it can, it is, and it will continue to be until we find out what happened so no more are killed under this failed policy. Thats going to happen, and you can cling to arguments not even Clinton is making, and hope people make the same inferences as you, but thats not likely to end up well, is it?

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •