View Poll Results: Have Feminists Been Used By Corporations To Exploit Women For Profit?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 47.83%
  • No

    12 52.17%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 185

Thread: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?[W:29]

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Marketing is marketing, and everyone is targetted within their demographic group, and susceptible to whatever extent.

    Women however, are easier to exploit b/c they are more susceptible to emotional manipulation - both good and bad. I remember reading about how the conspirators of the French Revolution took into account the need to sew unrest and discontent amongst the women - as the old saying goes, '... when mama ain't happy, no one's happy'.

    Women tend to vote in higher numbers for the Democratic Party, and are always more supportive of socialist policy pitches - that is to say it is easier to sell them a warm and fuzzy bill of goods, as opposed to them being able to see the bigger picture of principle, and reject the manipulation.

    It is safe to say that without the support of women, the Establishment promoted anti-American, anti-freedom agenda would not be nearly as far along. As it is, we are within a few short years of collapse - the Establishment has been working toward this collapse for decades, and women and minorities have played a major role in destroying America, and with it our freedom.
    While your post has some points, no offense, but I find your apparent assertion that the establishment is working for the collapse of America to be absurd.

  2. #62
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. For me, I had never thought about it quite like that. Right now, as we speak, I'm sitting here at my business trying to sell women clothes.
    A few things that came to my mind when I read your question:

    First, wasn't the right to purchase freely and to participate in the market like men a legitimate demand of feminists? If yes, this is not invalidated just because corporations with their own interests "sponsored" efforts to achieve that.

    Second, even if it's true that market forces did play a role in abolishing discrimination of women, that doesn't invalidate this cause (assuming it's just, which I do). So asking that question about feminism would be just as absurd as asking "did corporations abuse the Founding Fathers and their soldiers in the American Revolution, because they wanted to make revenues by making tributaries paying consumers?", or "was the civil rights movement abused by corporations just because they wanted to sell stuff to black people?" -- these question imply a sinister plot where, in fact, markets just contributed to causes that were just regardless of the interests of corporations.

    In most social and political developments, you find many different interests that unite for a common cause for very different reasons. I don't see what's the problem with that, as long as the development is just.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    A few things that came to my mind when I read your question:

    First, wasn't the right to purchase freely and to participate in the market like men a legitimate demand of feminists? If yes, this is not invalidated just because corporations with their own interests "sponsored" efforts to achieve that.

    Second, even if it's true that market forces did play a role in abolishing discrimination of women, that doesn't invalidate this cause (assuming it's just, which I do). So asking that question about feminism would be just as absurd as asking "did corporations abuse the Founding Fathers and their soldiers in the American Revolution, because they wanted to make revenues by making tributaries paying consumers?", or "was the civil rights movement abused by corporations just because they wanted to sell stuff to black people?" -- these question imply a sinister plot where, in fact, markets just contributed to causes that were just regardless of the interests of corporations.

    In most social and political developments, you find many different interests that unite for a common cause for very different reasons. I don't see what's the problem with that, as long as the development is just.
    I understand what you are saying. But what I find troubling is that the association of the ideals of feminism, such as the liberation and empowerment of women, with the act of purchasing consumer goods, has the effect of conditioning women to believe that the purchase of such goods is itself empowering. And that is troubling, because in most cases, such consumption leads not to empowerment, but debt slavery. Now you may say that no one is forcing women to purchase the products. But, in a sense, constantly bombarding women's minds with such propaganda uses the powerful force of suggestion to indeed coerce, although through subtle means, such consumption.

  4. #64
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But what I find troubling is that the association of the ideals of feminism, such as the liberation and empowerment of women, with the act of purchasing consumer goods, has the effect of conditioning women to believe that the purchase of such goods is itself empowering. And that is troubling, because in most cases, such consumption leads not to empowerment, but debt slavery. Now you may say that no one is forcing women to purchase the products. But, in a sense, constantly bombarding women's minds with such propaganda uses the powerful force of suggestion to indeed coerce, although through subtle means, such consumption.
    Yes, you have a point, but I'd say this is exactly what used to happen to men already, and allowing women to participate in it made both genders more equal -- apparently not just in good, but in bad too.

    Also, I'm not sure I share your skepticism about consumerism. Sure, it often plays a too important role in society IMO, when it causes people to neglect the development of less superficial values, but seriously, who wants to miss it? And I don't think it's consumerism that causes debt slavery. That can happen and happens all the time in non-consumerist, but poverty stricken circles and countries too -- when you buy more than you can afford, beyond the things necessary for fulfilling your basic needs, that's definitely your own responsibility, not of those who tell you you absolutely need this or that, IMO. If you end up in debts not because of poverty, but because you keep buying as a substitute for something else, or because you want to impress your neighbors, go check your priorities and values.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  5. #65
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    848

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    While your post has some points, no offense, but I find your apparent assertion that the establishment is working for the collapse of America to be absurd.
    Whereas, I would argue you would have to be wilfully blind not to see that collapse is in our near future, and the conditions for that collapse are being deliberately manipulated.

    Booms, crashes, and bubbles have been artificial creations ever since the The Federal Reserve Act was passed into law - and before actually with the shenanignas of JP Morgan and his gang of merry criminals shaking the markets in the 1890's and creating the 1907 panic that provided the justification for the FedRes.

    As Charles Lindburgh Sr. said on the floor of the House the day after The Federal Reserve Act was passed, "The new law will create inflation whenever the trusts want inflation... if the trusts can get another period of inflation, they figure they can unload the stocks on the people at high prices during the excitement and then bring on a panic and buy them back at low prices...

    "The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed".

    Of course Lindburgh was exactly right - and the period of "inflation" was "the roaring 20's", after which the Robber Barons collapsed the stock market, refused to come to the rescue of the banks as was required by law, they prolonged the agony throughout the 30's and gave us the "Great Depression", bought up companies for pennies on the dollar, and used their position within the government to write regulatory legislation that crippled their competitors and gave them complete control of entire industries.

    If you were connected to the Money Trust at that time, you realized unbelievable profits - as Joseph Kennedy did. Prior to the stock market crash his net worth was estimated to be somewhere round $4 million, by 1935 his wealth had grown to over $100 million. Not everyone suffered during the depression.

    And so it goes... the Federal Reserve has been manipulating monetary policy for their benefit, and for the purpose of manipulating the population into enslaving themselves - it is the Establishment that was behind all of the social safety net legislation throughout the 20th century, and too with Obamacare. You don't fear that which you control.

    No, collapse makes perfect sense... just as the market crash of '29 made perfect sense, and the artificially created depression that followed made perfect sense. The long term goal has always been to get rid of the U.S. Constitution and replace it with an open-ended document that fully empowers the government. The American people would never willingly agree to tear up the Constitution - unless they were under tremendous duress, i.e. "crisis"... as should be obvious, not everyone is afraid of "crisis", not everyone suffers during "hard times"... indeed, in such times there is great opportunity.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Yes, you have a point, but I'd say this is exactly what used to happen to men already, and allowing women to participate in it made both genders more equal -- apparently not just in good, but in bad too.

    Also, I'm not sure I share your skepticism about consumerism. Sure, it often plays a too important role in society IMO, when it causes people to neglect the development of less superficial values, but seriously, who wants to miss it? And I don't think it's consumerism that causes debt slavery. That can happen and happens all the time in non-consumerist, but poverty stricken circles and countries too -- when you buy more than you can afford, beyond the things necessary for fulfilling your basic needs, that's definitely your own responsibility, not of those who tell you you absolutely need this or that, IMO. If you end up in debts not because of poverty, but because you keep buying as a substitute for something else, or because you want to impress your neighbors, go check your priorities and values.
    IMHO such a system of vicious exploitation is a result of irresponsible leadership. People really have little choice in the matter because the conditioning is put into place from early childhood when it is simply not possible to understand the effect such propaganda is having on the mind. And again, you may say it's your responsibility and ultimately that is true. However you could also say that there is no need for any sort of protection because people should be self sufficient and be fully responsible for the choices they make. Why offer police protection, if people have the ability to buy guns to protect themselves? If you don't or unable to buy one, or are not able to use it to properly defend yourself, that's your responsibility. Why label the ingredients of food when people could send the product to the lab for analysis?

  7. #67
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    IMHO such a system of vicious exploitation is a result of irresponsible leadership. People really have little choice in the matter because the conditioning is put into place from early childhood when it is simply not possible to understand the effect such propaganda is having on the mind. And again, you may say it's your responsibility and ultimately that is true. However you could also say that there is no need for any sort of protection because people should be self sufficient and be fully responsible for the choices they make. Why offer police protection, if people have the ability to buy guns to protect themselves? If you don't or unable to buy one, or are not able to use it to properly defend yourself, that's your responsibility. Why label the ingredients of food when people could send the product to the lab for analysis?
    You make good points, and I share some of your concerns. I'm not a person who emphasizes individual responsibility as much as others do, but likewise, I don't believe we're just the product of our environment and can't escape it either. Neither existence shapes consciousness nor vice versa, but both shape each other to some extent, IMO.

    I'm all with you when you say there must be limits and regulations on markets and advertisement. I guess even the most extreme market advocates will agree that their ideal of truly free markets can only be reached when there is no information asymmetry. Now perfect information symmetry is probably impossible, which is why a truly free market is an illusion, but at least we can try to make sure there is no gross asymmetry: Of course companies are not allowed to lie about their products. I also think it's a perfectly legitimate demand to force companies to print ingredients and nutrient charts on the food they're selling -- to allow consumers to make informed decisions not just in theory, but in practize too. I don't even have a problem with taxes on goods such as tobacco, when the revenues are used to support the health sector. Or banning ads for tobacco and alcohol whereever minors might see them. That's just what comes to my mind from the top of my head, perhaps there are many more examples.

    But still I believe as long as you're not being lied to by the companies, and they properly inform you, it's up to you to decide. And to take risks. So if you feel it's worth the health problems to smoke, it's fine when you do that.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  8. #68
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Evidently this concept has been explored and it is known as commodity feminism. Here's something from an interesting paper

    Edit: Here's the link to the entire article

    http://www.danielleknelson.com/wp-co...tyfeminism.pdf
    So much for the purpose of feminism countering corporate patriarchy then.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Whereas, I would argue you would have to be wilfully blind not to see that collapse is in our near future, and the conditions for that collapse are being deliberately manipulated.

    Booms, crashes, and bubbles have been artificial creations ever since the The Federal Reserve Act was passed into law - and before actually with the shenanignas of JP Morgan and his gang of merry criminals shaking the markets in the 1890's and creating the 1907 panic that provided the justification for the FedRes.

    As Charles Lindburgh Sr. said on the floor of the House the day after The Federal Reserve Act was passed, "The new law will create inflation whenever the trusts want inflation... if the trusts can get another period of inflation, they figure they can unload the stocks on the people at high prices during the excitement and then bring on a panic and buy them back at low prices...

    "The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed".

    Of course Lindburgh was exactly right - and the period of "inflation" was "the roaring 20's", after which the Robber Barons collapsed the stock market, refused to come to the rescue of the banks as was required by law, they prolonged the agony throughout the 30's and gave us the "Great Depression", bought up companies for pennies on the dollar, and used their position within the government to write regulatory legislation that crippled their competitors and gave them complete control of entire industries.

    If you were connected to the Money Trust at that time, you realized unbelievable profits - as Joseph Kennedy did. Prior to the stock market crash his net worth was estimated to be somewhere round $4 million, by 1935 his wealth had grown to over $100 million. Not everyone suffered during the depression.

    And so it goes... the Federal Reserve has been manipulating monetary policy for their benefit, and for the purpose of manipulating the population into enslaving themselves - it is the Establishment that was behind all of the social safety net legislation throughout the 20th century, and too with Obamacare. You don't fear that which you control.

    No, collapse makes perfect sense... just as the market crash of '29 made perfect sense, and the artificially created depression that followed made perfect sense. The long term goal has always been to get rid of the U.S. Constitution and replace it with an open-ended document that fully empowers the government. The American people would never willingly agree to tear up the Constitution - unless they were under tremendous duress, i.e. "crisis"... as should be obvious, not everyone is afraid of "crisis", not everyone suffers during "hard times"... indeed, in such times there is great opportunity.
    There is no doubt that the Federal Reserve manipulates the supply of money in such a way as to benefit the stability and profitability of banks. When they do so, they are actually acting in the interests of those who possess very large amounts of capital. Of course, they feel that when they do this, they are actually acting in everyone's interests, although that is not necessarily true.

    While it is true that they may indeed engineer some damage to some of the actors in the financial system from time to time, that is done for the preservation of the system itself, not to destroy it. And that's where I think we have a difference of opinion. Furthermore, I would say that what is actually happening over time is that the system will become more and more totalitarian. Using the war on terror as an excuse, along with the power to control the supply of money, as you have mentioned, people in general will experience less individual freedom, and less opportunity for financial advancement. But again, this will be done for the sake of the preservation of the system. And as people in general become more selfish, persons in position of power will become more selfish, with the result that they will use the levers of financial and government power to take the maximum advantage of people who don't have power, with no thought for their well being. Although that is what will happen, I doubt very seriously if there is a group of people that have actually formulated a plan that has explicitly and deliberately set those goals.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,027

    Re: Have Feminists Been Used To Exploit Women For Corporate Profit?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Edward Bernays, the father of modern propaganda, was famous for his Torches of Freedom march. Basically, Bernays was hired by the big tobacco companies to get women to smoke so the companies could increase their profits by selling women cigarettes. To accomplish this, Bernays got prominent women, who were involved in the campaign for women's rights, to organize a giant march of women cigarettes, as a symbol of their freedom.

    The Museum of Public Relations



    It appears that the rise in feminism can be traced to the desire by corporations to exploit women for profit.

    So the question is, have feminists been used by corporations to exploit women to increase corporate profit?
    not feminists but women have been used by corporations to exploit their sexualiaty.they have been presented as sexual objects in every kind of commercials,magazines .
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •