View Poll Results: Do you support the death penalty?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly support

    50 33.33%
  • Somewhat/leaning in support

    17 11.33%
  • Unsure

    4 2.67%
  • Somewhat/leaning agains

    16 10.67%
  • Strongly against

    63 42.00%
Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 542

Thread: Death Penalty, for or against

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No, they are not illegal. Political Correctness is not a law either...

    Several jurisdictions in the United States have re-introduced prison labor. In recent years, Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes Phoenix, Arizona, and its Sheriff Joe Arpaio, have drawn attention from human rights groups for the use of chain gangs for both men and women.

    Chain gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    With regards to the rest I know that you understand and accept what I am saying it is just that you want to save face...
    These are not the same "chain gangs" like they used to have. They are just prison work programs. Not nearly as harsh.

    As to your last paragraph, it's hilarious and dumb at the same time.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,055

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    These are not the same "chain gangs" like they used to have. They are just prison work programs. Not nearly as harsh.
    Who gives a **** if they are "chain gangs" or work programs!? The POINT is that they are out of the prison and a continuing part of society.

    As to your last paragraph, it's hilarious and dumb at the same time.
    Then I don't understand. What is your disconnect then because I see that you are quickly giving up any hope to prove your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    LWNJ position: Death to babies, but not to murderers.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As much as I would like to see some of those people die, I think that LWOP is a perfectly fine alternative.
    The problem with LWOP is that they can continue to commit crimes.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Of course it is a part of society. Members of society work there. Come and go. Etc. To think otherwise is literally idiotic. They are separate from most of society but they are still a part of it no matter how small a part of it. There is not some magical veil or alternate reality that separates the two.
    No, those employees 'leave' society and enter into a closed community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    The problem with LWOP is that they can continue to commit crimes.
    And do. Violence in prison is pervasive and unless you lock these people up in their own little cells, never to see another living person, it will continue to do so. Of course, you get all the whiny prisoner-rights idiots who want these people to have cable TV and normal social lives and all that. Sorry, they lost those things when they acted outside of society's boundaries.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Against, no exceptions.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,055

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, those employees 'leave' society and enter into a closed community.
    Even if I accepted that the point still stands that prisoners can still have an affect on society by hurting or harming an individual that works there since that individual has to go back into society, affecting family, friends, the medical field, the criminal court system, etc. Prisons and prisoners are not completely removed from society hence they are a part of society. FACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #399
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As much as I would like to see some of those people die, I think that LWOP is a perfectly fine alternative. There are numerous reasons why too, such as costs, the risk of killing innocent people, how it's arbitrarily applied from state to state. There have also been racial disparities found, evidence tampering, prosecutorial misconduct and outright lying among other things that have happened.
    High costs can be adjusted. But I do agree with the risk of killing innocent people. As I said earlier in this thread, that is the greatest argument against the dp.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  10. #400
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Death Penalty, for or against

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    High costs can be adjusted. But I do agree with the risk of killing innocent people. As I said earlier in this thread, that is the greatest argument against the dp.
    But the cost has nothing whatsoever to do with the DP, it has to do with allowing tons and tons of legal appeals at taxpayer expense that have nothing whatsoever to do with the guilt of the criminal. They appeal because they don't want to die, not because they didn't do it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •