View Poll Results: Is there too much political correctness now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its gotten out of hand

    70 78.65%
  • No, needs more bacon

    19 21.35%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 242

Thread: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

  1. #1
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,955

    Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Just an observation from the Sterling fallout in the NBA, or CEO's resigning because they supported a political cause that was unpopular with the masses or the usual media fauxrage (Huffington Post headlines cough cough) that every time some politician (usually from the GOP) makes some sort of statement about gays or minorities or anything that the mainstream thinks is unacceptable and must be spread out across the internet so that outrage can pile on outrage. Is it getting out of hand or should it continue?

    Vote and be heard.

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Just an observation from the Sterling fallout in the NBA, or CEO's resigning because they supported a political cause that was unpopular with the masses or the usual media fauxrage (Huffington Post headlines cough cough) that every time some politician (usually from the GOP) makes some sort of statement about gays or minorities or anything that the mainstream thinks is unacceptable and must be spread out across the internet so that outrage can pile on outrage. Is it getting out of hand or should it continue?

    Vote and be heard.
    By your definition of political correctness, you are being very PC.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #3
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Political correctness is the normal rule of society. All that people are complaining about is which version to adopt.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #4
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,628

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    I dunno. All I see political correctness as, is trying to keep people from being hurt, for one reason or another. If people would stop being jerks, there would be no reason for it anyway. But that will never happen, so I think that some level of PC is needed.

    I'll probably be in the minority in believing that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    >" America today is dominated by a system of beliefs, attitudes and values that we have come to know as “Political Correctness.” For many it is an annoyance and a self parodying joke. But Political Correctness is deadly serious in its aims, seeking to impose a uniformity of thought and behavior on all Americans. It is therefore totalitarian in nature. Its roots lie in a version of Marxism which sees culture, rather than the economy, as the site of class struggle..."<

    Political Correctness / Cultural Marxism - Discover the Networks

  6. #6
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    >" America today is dominated by a system of beliefs, attitudes and values that we have come to know as “Political Correctness.” For many it is an annoyance and a self parodying joke. But Political Correctness is deadly serious in its aims, seeking to impose a uniformity of thought and behavior on all Americans. It is therefore totalitarian in nature. Its roots lie in a version of Marxism which sees culture, rather than the economy, as the site of class struggle..."<

    Political Correctness / Cultural Marxism - Discover the Networks
    Tocqueville beat any Marxists to the punch with figuring this out, boyo.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Tocqueville beat any Marxists to the punch with figuring this out, boyo.
    I read Tocqueville's journal of his travels through America some years ago.

  8. #8
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I read Tocqueville's journal of his travels through America some years ago.
    If you revisit Book 1 sometime, you would probably become acquainted with the basis of the concept. Although Tocqueville focuses on the speech of the majority creating a sort of tyranny of the majority (one of Tocqueville's perceived vices of democracy), the system of speech and thought control becomes quite evident.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    The problem with political correctness is that it is essentially a system of lies and contrived untruths. With too much political correctness, such as we have today, the entire foundation of society becomes untrue.

    Political correctness is so demanded in America today that if one makes the mistake of speaking the truth, he is immediately branded as a bigot, a hater, a racist or whatever other word the PC Police can use to silence anyone who speaks the truth.

    We have gone far beyond "little white lies" to save someone's feelings, all of our institutions and systems are built upon the lies of political correctness.

    This cannot be good for a culture or a country.
    Last edited by Ray410; 04-30-14 at 03:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Student Sean.McDonnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The "Show me your papers" state
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    236

    Re: Is There Too Much Political Correctness Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    >" America today is dominated by a system of beliefs, attitudes and values that we have come to know as “Political Correctness.” For many it is an annoyance and a self parodying joke. But Political Correctness is deadly serious in its aims, seeking to impose a uniformity of thought and behavior on all Americans. It is therefore totalitarian in nature. Its roots lie in a version of Marxism which sees culture, rather than the economy, as the site of class struggle..."<

    Political Correctness / Cultural Marxism - Discover the Networks
    I feel like saying "Don't be an a**" is not totalitarian, if racists were thrown in the gulag, then we can talk
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.- Plato

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •