View Poll Results: Was the punishment too harsh?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 67.44%
  • No

    42 32.56%
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 369

Thread: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

  1. #241
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    I don't believe it's hypocrisy, who does?
    Well, you must be the racist, because I'm not.

  2. #242
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I've never said or meant that all rich people are like him. There are a lot of rich people who are good people. Being rich doesn't make someone a piece of ****, but it doesn't exclude him either. This man has trampled on and screwed over people because of their race, sex, social status and family. So as far as I am concerned he deserves anything bad that comes his way or happens to him.
    No, but it was implicit in your earlier post. I'm not nailing you to the boards over it; if you had explained your point then like you just did, you might not have gotten the comments you did at the time.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #243
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, you must be the racist, because I'm not.
    Sure....

  4. #244
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    History is chock full of people who held their nose and took the money. Case in point: Anyone who has ever received a paycheck signed by Donald Trump.
    Are you saying that The Donald's people don't like him? Shame on you. I think they enjoy hanging out with such a great guy. Let me guess. You think Marla Maples married him because of his money, don't you? I think she married him because of his hair and sex appeal.

  5. #245
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Sure....
    You've been here for 56 posts, newbie. You may want to read some post before jumping in so you don't look foolish.

  6. #246
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You've been here for 56 posts, newbie. You may want to read some post before jumping in so you don't look foolish.
    So the newbie isn't here defending a racist and someone else is. Who exactly is looking foolish?

  7. #247
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are you saying that The Donald's people don't like him? Shame on you. I think they enjoy hanging out with such a great guy. Let me guess. You think Marla Maples married him because of his money, don't you? I think she married him because of his hair and sex appeal.
    Married him because of his money? BALDERDASH. He seems like such a nice man; I'm sure it was his effervescent personality that won her over.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #248
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    So the newbie isn't here defending a racist and someone else is. Who exactly is looking foolish?
    You are, because I never made a racist post on this board in my 2 years here, and you decided I was a racist. And I never "defended" the guy either.

    You may want to catch up before opining.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,483

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    He has done that, the housing discrimination lawsuit is proof of that.

    That said, your comment of "and all those like him" could have been construed to mean "all rich people," which I THINK (I don't mean to speak for him) was what set TD off.
    He wasn't convicted. And given the Feds propensity to twist the law to suit their needs I'd maintain a healthy skepticism about his actual guilt even if he was convicted.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  10. #250
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    re: Was Sterling's punishment too much? [W:359]

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    So the newbie isn't here defending a racist and someone else is. Who exactly is looking foolish?
    Pump the brakes, turbo. Tres isn't defending Sterling. She's raising fair points. Read, then comment.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •