View Poll Results: Is being racist a right

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, being racist is your right

    85 93.41%
  • No, racism should be against the law

    6 6.59%
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 357

Thread: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Exactly as you have used the term pejoratively and erroneously to attack anyone who disagrees with your racism biased view.
    You have merely demonstrated a history of the erroneous misuse of the word.
    My racism biased view? Example please

    As for your fascism being a product of the right comment, once again here it is. The DNC of today is a progressive socialist party.

    .The term "social fascist" was used to describe social democratic parties, anti-Comintern and progressive socialist parties, and dissenters within Comintern affiliates throughout the interwar period."

    edit: Thanks for proving rule number 1 in my sig with your racist comment.
    Last edited by sawyerloggingon; 05-04-14 at 03:19 PM.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    She wasn't on his payroll. She was reported to be his mistress lavished with hugely expensive gifts which is why Sterling's wife is suing her. She has denied a bf/gf relationship and claims she had a professional relationship as his archivist--as a contractor, not an employee--which came as a huge surprise to all of Sterling's friends, all of her friends, and Sterling's wife who had a very different perception about that.

    For Sterling to be subject to and suffering consequences for breaking NBA rules is one thing. That is between him and the NBA. But we all should be leery of this new thing of destroying people by intercepting and recording private conversations that are intended to be private and do not involve violation of anybody's rights or illegal activities. Next time it could be you. And that angry outburst intended for the ears of a trusted friend only and that might or might not have been the whole story could be used to ruin you, get you fired, destroy a relationship, etc.
    He paid her plenty and he decided he could tell her what race of people she could publicly associate with because of that power of money he held over her.
    If you are OK with that, it doesn't really matter, because the NBA isn't.
    I personally am "leery" of the people who wish to protect racists and the secrecy of their racist opinions.

  3. #343
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,063

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is being racist a right?[W:343]Cut out the personal stuff. Points are coming if further moderation is required in this thread.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    My racism biased view? Example please
    You are defending a racist in this thread.
    There is a long history of people using the term fascist in an erroneously pejorative way. The term is universally seen as negative and as such makes a great slur for those who have run out of viable arguments.

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,217

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    All this media blitz on Bundy and The basketball guy has me wondering if we now have thought police in this country. I'm not racist myself but I don't see what the big deal is if you are. We have laws to protect people from racism so your opinion should be a right and you should not be punished for what you believe. IMO firing someone for being a racist is anti American and flies in the face of free speech.
    If you don't like racists, why employ them. The government shouldn't be allowed to fire anyone for his/her opinions, but private individuals? Why not?

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer;1063233583[B
    ]You are defending a racist in this thread.[/B]
    There is a long history of people using the term fascist in an erroneously pejorative way. The term is universally seen as negative and as such makes a great slur for those who have run out of viable arguments.
    I am defending freedom of speech and freedom to be a racist or a communist or a gay or ......

  7. #347
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    He paid her plenty and he decided he could tell her what race of people she could publicly associate with because of that power of money he held over her.
    If you are OK with that, it doesn't really matter, because the NBA isn't.
    I personally am "leery" of the people who wish to protect racists and the secrecy of their racist opinions.
    And I have no desire to continue a conversation with somebody who insists on being non sequitur, ad hominem, and use red herrings and strawmen to avoid addressing the argument another person makes. I believe I made a very good argument that Sterling held no power whatsoever over Stiviano other than what she willingly accepted. You completely ignored that argument. Nor have I made a single argument in support of anybody's racism or acting out that racism. But the right of a person to be racist? That is sacrosanct if you believe in liberty at all. According to the poll on this thread, more than 90% of our fellow DP members agree with me on that.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I am defending freedom of speech and freedom to be a racist or a communist or a gay or ......
    Send me a message next time you defend a communist or a gay person and I will consider believing you...

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    And I have no desire to continue a conversation with somebody who insists on being non sequitur, ad hominem, and use red herrings and strawmen to avoid addressing the argument another person makes. I believe I made a very good argument that Sterling held no power whatsoever over Stiviano other than what she willingly accepted. You completely ignored that argument. Nor have I made a single argument in support of anybody's racism or acting out that racism. But the right of a person to be racist? That is sacrosanct if you believe in liberty at all. According to the poll on this thread, more than 90% of our fellow DP members agree with me on that.
    Calling the recipient of racism a racist, is the greatest non sequitur, red herring and straw man I have ever heard.
    I think you protest too much.

  10. #350
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Calling the recipient of racism a racist, is the greatest non sequitur, red herring and straw man I have ever heard.
    I think you protest too much.
    Even the so-called recipient in this case agreed that his racism did not extend to her. And the only thing that would make her racist is if her race was her justification for outing him. And you are the one who suggested that, not me.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •