View Poll Results: Is being racist a right

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, being racist is your right

    85 93.41%
  • No, racism should be against the law

    6 6.59%
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 357

Thread: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The common sense rule that if you join an organization that is 75% black that if you act and talk like an asshole racist , they may not be too happy with you.
    But as a rule racists are not known for their common sense.
    Attachment 67165819
    Know what I mean?
    When a lib is beaten in honest debate which happens all the time, they turn to personal attacks and the debate is over.

  2. #272
    Student Tralfamadore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Tar Heel State
    Last Seen
    05-13-17 @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    209

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    [QUOTE=sawyerloggingon;1063229664]
    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Why? I'm just curious, for instance, let's say Jerry Reinsdorf thinks Sterling's words hurt the brand of NBA basketball. He owns the Bulls and doesn't want his brand hurt . . . so, because of the bylaws or whatever in the NBA, wouldn't he have a right to ask for punishment? Don't the other owners? Seeing that they have a general clause that states they can remove an owner that is detrimental to the league? Or should they have to suffer a consequence of loosing money because of fan reaction?

    You want it all ways and you cannot have that. Sometimes, there aren't 2-sides to every story. You keep defending his words and the right to say them; and anyone who thinks differently is a moron . . . and a fascist. I'm am not sure how that works in your mind's eye, but so be it.[/QUOTE

    Typical lib ploy, put words in my mouth I never said because you can't stand up to my true words. I said demanding he be punished makes you a fascist moron not thinking differently. Is that to complicated for you?
    If a co-worker tells me that he/she doesn't want to be associated with me, goes on a racist rant about me, tells me I shouldn't have my job, etc, etc - am I fascist moron for demanding a consequence? Or should my co-worker be able to saying anything, no matter how racist or discriminatory? What if my boss penalizes the individual? Is it just Nazi Germany at the point?

  3. #273
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    When a lib is beaten in honest debate which happens all the time, they turn to personal attacks and the debate is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Typical lib ploy, put words in my mouth I never said because you can't stand up to my true words. I said demanding he be punished makes you a fascist moron not thinking differently. Is that to complicated for you?
    I did not put words in your mouth and you are playing semantics now. No . . . I asked you 4-questions . . . you answered none. However, let's just say there is a big difference in saying anyone who thinks differently is a fascist and demanding punishment makes you a fascist moron. OK . . . huge difference, you win . . . now answer the questions. I'm just asking you to clear things up.

    Again, I find it ironic that you claim he is personally attacking you after you stated anyone demanding punishment is a fascist moron. Therefore, anyone in this thread who thinks demanding punishment was an option . . . is a moron. Now, I do believe there is a moron taking part in this conversation . . . I just won't say who I think it is.

  4. #274
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tralfamadore View Post
    If a co-worker tells me that he/she doesn't want to be associated with me, goes on a racist rant about me, tells me I shouldn't have my job, etc, etc - am I fascist moron for demanding a consequence? Or should my co-worker be able to saying anything, no matter how racist or discriminatory? What if my boss penalizes the individual? Is it just Nazi Germany at the point?
    In a word, no. Everyone has the right to say what they want . . . just as everyone has the right to suffer consequences if what they want to say is wrong. I learned that from my Mom & Dad a long time ago. You know, back when everything was good and wholesome in our conservative corner of America.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    When a lib is beaten in honest debate which happens all the time, they turn to personal attacks and the debate is over.
    Personal attacks?
    The only persons I have attacked are asshole racists and the the skin headed asshole racist in the picture I posted...
    That's not a picture of you is it sawyerloggingin?
    You told us that you were not a racist...
    ...was that not true?

  6. #276
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Explain. I don't see where Sterling violated the Constitution. He can say what he wants. As I explained in the previous post, his apparent racist beliefs never affected his actual business decisions involving the team. This is evidenced by the fact that he employed only the second black GM, currently employs a black coach, employs a mostly black team, etc, etc.
    The NBA Constitution is secret. It must allow the removal of owners for things like this or the army of lawyers wouldn't allow Silver to say what he said.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Does the OP believe that there should not be consequences to being an asshole?

  8. #278
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Does the OP believe that there should not be consequences to being an asshole?
    Nope, and if there are any consequences, the owners of all the other NBA teams should have to suffer them as well. Screw the brand they have built together.

  9. #279
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,542
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Does the OP believe that there should not be consequences to being an asshole?
    There ARE consequences for being an asshole. If I know you (the rhetorical you) are an asshole, I am not going to choose to spend time with you, I might choose to not patronize your business, I am not going to work for you if I have any alternative, I am not going to hire you, and if you are already working for me and creating a toxic workplace for your coworkers, I will fire you.

    But you have a perfect right to be an asshole and I have no legitimate right whatsoever to choose to organize an angry organization or group or mob to physically and/or materially punish you for being an asshole. Even if part of your assholedom is being racist.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #280
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    All this media blitz on Bundy and The basketball guy has me wondering if we now have thought police in this country. I'm not racist myself but I don't see what the big deal is if you are. We have laws to protect people from racism so your opinion should be a right and you should not be punished for what you believe. IMO firing someone for being a racist is anti American and flies in the face of free speech.
    This question is like asking "do you have the right to be ignorant and uneducated?" And of course the answer has to be "yes", because we're not all going to be equally enlightened, especially at certain points of our development. And if you can't express your ignorance, it can never be condemned so you can learn.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •