View Poll Results: Is being racist a right

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, being racist is your right

    85 93.41%
  • No, racism should be against the law

    6 6.59%
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 357

Thread: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

  1. #111
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Aww. That's so cute!
    Not as cute as this!

    Is being racist a right?[W:343]-racist1-jpg
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #112
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,204

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    All this media blitz on Bundy and The basketball guy has me wondering if we now have thought police in this country. I'm not racist myself but I don't see what the big deal is if you are. We have laws to protect people from racism so your opinion should be a right and you should not be punished for what you believe. IMO firing someone for being a racist is anti American and flies in the face of free speech.
    I don't know of any laws protecting people from racism. If there is anything to be protected from.

    But yeah you have the right to be racist, you have the right to publicly speak about it.

    You don't have the right to force employers or organizations to keep you in spite of your racist tendencies.

    So voice your opinion all you wish but you have to deal with the consequences.
    It's okay to be white

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    Hell no.
    But you also have to accept the consequences of that 'free speech'.
    There should not be consequences for free speech or it is no longer free.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I thought you were one of the "Ban the Dixie Chicks" crowd?
    Nope, I just chose not to buy their albums after the pissed me off. I never demanded their record company drop them though. See the difference?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Some of your posts may suggest otherwise. But you have the right to your opinion and I have the right to tell you it stinks.
    If you are calling me a racist you should give an example or two.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Neither of these men are going to jail for their racism. If people want to say bad things about them or not do business with them because of their racism they have that right as well because, guess what, freedom of speech. So yeah, no one's speech is being violated, can we please move past this strawman?
    Say bad things about them, don't buy their product but don't demand they be fired for having beliefs different than yours.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So let me get this straight. The right thinks it's ok to fire people because they are gay, but not if they are racist?


    straw man

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    Doesn't matter if you own the company of not, your actions/verbalization reflect on the company itself, and can become a liability to the company.
    Thren the stock holders have a right to demand you resign because they have a fiduciary interest but not the general public

  9. #119
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Thren the stock holders have a right to demand you resign because they have a fiduciary interest but not the general public
    And these are mutually exclusive because....?

  10. #120
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    re: Is being racist a right?[W:343]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Say bad things about them, don't buy their product but don't demand they be fired for having beliefs different than yours.
    First amendment right. They can demand that.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •