View Poll Results: Which do you respect more?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Putin

    5 14.71%
  • Obama

    18 52.94%
  • Neither

    11 32.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

  1. #21
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Both are ineffective leaders doing harm to their respective people's economy.
    Link?

    Putin has been the leader of Russia for how many decades?

    Where is the Russian economy failing? How does it compare to the US, and what TARP funding have they had to cough up under Putin's watch?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #22
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,608

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Link?

    Putin has been the leader of Russia for how many decades?

    Where is the Russian economy failing? How does it compare to the US, and what TARP funding have they had to cough up under Putin's watch?
    Here are some links for you:

    The Economic Costs Of Annexing Crimea Are Mounting For Russia - Business Insider

    Russia's Crimea Grab May Lead to Economic Recession - Businessweek

    http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/russia/overview
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Who in "the rest of the world" expects the US to try to pry the Ukraine away from Russia in the first place?

    Now that Putin has made good on HIS promise to George W. Bush to "tear her apart" should the US meddle in Kyiv, the Obama administration, in typical form, simply could not conceive that Putin would respond; they really have no idea what to do about it. So desperate are they, they are now trying to include civilians who have dealings with Russians on allied countries in their hate list in violation of international law.

    As much as I find Putin a strutting Hitler-goon, he does what he says he will, knows the weakness of his opponents, and is wise of enough not to run at simple solutions in serial **** ups like Obama.

    Respect Putin? If that respect is fear based, then yes. Under Obama's watch Putin has become the greatest threat to America since Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, far more and real a threat than the terrorists you've been fighting for 14 years.
    It's Europe's problem, and Europe must deal with it if there's something to be done. The only thing Obama did wrong was to do anything at all. Our response to Ukraine ousting it's dictator should have been to build roads in the US and hire people to do things. This should be our response to all but the most serious crises, and if we do have to act, the rest of the world needs to pitch in equally.

    We are not going to war with Putin. We need to ignore him and fix our own house, because there are some things that really need to be fixed.

  4. #24
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    It's Europe's problem, and Europe must deal with it if there's something to be done. The only thing Obama did wrong was to do anything at all. Our response to Ukraine ousting it's dictator should have been to build roads in the US and hire people to do things. This should be our response to all but the most serious crises, and if we do have to act, the rest of the world needs to pitch in equally.

    We are not going to war with Putin. We need to ignore him and fix our own house, because there are some things that really need to be fixed.


    I suppose if you don't see anything wrong with financing subversives in a foreign country then yeah, Obama did nothing "wrong."

    But then don't get your **** in a knot when Putin does in Syria or anywhere else, OK?

    And so far, it appears Putin will determine whether Russia goes to war with the US or NATO.

    Lesson: If you don't want to get burned, stop playing with matches. The US and the US alone started this, wear it.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I suppose if you don't see anything wrong with financing subversives in a foreign country then yeah, Obama did nothing "wrong."

    But then don't get your **** in a knot when Putin does in Syria or anywhere else, OK?

    And so far, it appears Putin will determine whether Russia goes to war with the US or NATO.

    Lesson: If you don't want to get burned, stop playing with matches. The US and the US alone started this, wear it.
    I don't care about Putin. It sucks that he's an asshole. If anyone wants to do anything about it, that would be on Europe.

    We need to build roads and electrical infrastructure. That's what Obama should be pushing.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Neither. Respect is earned and neither have done anything to earn my respect.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #27
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Its a pretty simple question. Do you respect obama or putin more?

    I do not respect one more than the other. I really do not give a rats ass about Russia and the Ukraine other than hoping that Obama doesn't listen to the piece of **** neocons who want us in another war and I do not like Obama's stand on illegal immigration, the 2nd amendment and many other issues.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #28
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    well, one is a neo Czar who is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union
    And the other is Vladimir Putin! Amirite? LOLOLOL

    I'll show myself out.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Its a pretty simple question. Do you respect obama or putin more?
    I respect the one that isn't an authoritarian strongman more. I'm not fond of journalist murdering quasi-fascists.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Who do you respect more: obama or putin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    And the other is Vladimir Putin! Amirite? LOLOLOL

    I'll show myself out.
    Who do you respect more:  obama or putin?-drum-gif

    .....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •