View Poll Results: Do people leave you notes

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 6.52%
  • No

    43 93.48%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 175

Thread: Do people leave political notes on your car?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's not a difference.
    Well, I would assume that the Tea Party doesn't leave jars of their own urine laying around, but otherwise, you're right, they're both obnoxious asshats.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's not a difference.
    Really? Has there been any rape cases at the Tea Party protests? Any fires lit, windows smashed, property damaged, people injured, drug OD's?

    Maybe you just haven't been watching very closely.

  3. #133
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    right wing view?.........this is imbecilic

    it is not exactly the leaving a note that is the problem, it is the idea, because someone does something that makes you angry, this somehow gives you a right to respond crossing into his rights. which i am currently aruging in anther thread, where people think they have a right to act against a person, because he offended them, ...while own his own property.

    i have a right to free speech .....as you do also,......but you don't have free speech using a person's car as your vehicle of communication of anyone property for that purpose.

    your saying "it causes zero damage"...you don't see hows its a lack of respect........i don't think you would like anyone using your property, as a vehicle for something negative against you.

    you would find if people respected the most basic of all property, a large percentage of problems in america would disappear


    .
    There is no "crossing into his rights"....you seem to think that someone expressing a view counter to your own is somehow infringing on your right to express your opinion, you raised that argument previously....the reality is I am not "using" someones vehicle to express my opinion, I am leaving a note on their car. That's hardly "infringing" on their property rights. I would agree if it somehow caused irreparable harm, but it doesn't. As I indicated before, I have no problem at all with someone leaving a note on my car commenting on my bumper stickers (I don't currently,however, have any....but I have in the past)....in fact, I expect it, and actually kind of invite it with the type of political statements that I choose to make. I don't have an emotional breakdown because someone exercises their first amendment right to respond to it. I'm stable enough mentally to recognize that when I put the bumper sticker on, I might get a reaction from someone. If I wasn't emotionally secure enough to deal with it....I wouldn't put it on my car in the first place.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    On the left coast on the West Side of LA or in San Francisco or Marin County, Ca. if you have a political bumper sticker supporting a GOP candidate, liberals are notorious leaving a political note on your car, usually by keying the car.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Really? Has there been any rape cases at the Tea Party protests? Any fires lit, windows smashed, property damaged, people injured, drug OD's?

    Maybe you just haven't been watching very closely.
    I don't give much attention to what the Tea Party or OWS is up to.

  6. #136
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I don't have bumperstickers, I think they cheapen any argument the driver may have, and they make people look like cranks and nutters.

    I'm driving, I don't give a rat's a%% about someone's politics, nor do I want them paraded in front of me.
    Some bumper stickers are really offensive too... like the ones that curse you out, talk about their kids having Ds and beating up other kids, or just seem like wise ass slogans and sometimes directed at cops. I am sure they are more likely to be fined and pulled over by the cops. It might be funny, but it's not worth looking like a dumb ass. I don't like bumper stickers. I like my car too much to put stickers on it.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Democrats and ONLY Democrats Gave You Obamacare Bumper Sticker | PatriotDepot.com

    This is the only bumper sticker one needs on their car.

    We need to remind every just how bad this law really is.

  8. #138
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There is no "crossing into his rights"....you seem to think that someone expressing a view counter to your own is somehow infringing on your right to express your opinion, you raised that argument previously....the reality is I am not "using" someones vehicle to express my opinion, I am leaving a note on their car. That's hardly "infringing" on their property rights. I would agree if it somehow caused irreparable harm, but it doesn't. As I indicated before, I have no problem at all with someone leaving a note on my car commenting on my bumper stickers (I don't currently,however, have any....but I have in the past)....in fact, I expect it, and actually kind of invite it with the type of political statements that I choose to make. I don't have an emotional breakdown because someone exercises their first amendment right to respond to it. I'm stable enough mentally to recognize that when I put the bumper sticker on, I might get a reaction from someone. If I wasn't emotionally secure enough to deal with it....I wouldn't put it on my car in the first place.
    what was the whole post having to deal with, a person getting angry, because someone had stickers on there car, ..ok, why does a person feel they should go over and put notes, on another persons property?

    why...because they are pissed, and you can see by the letter shows that.....

    the person thinks ,hey i am mad, therefore i will seek to speak my mind, by putting something on the car.......

    if it is a doctor, i cannot believe a person with that much education, is so low on the intelligence scale to bother writing a note, wasting their time an effort and using foul language to express a point.

    i usually stay about in the Constitution section of this forum, however when i enter outside that area, and discuss other ideas, after and few posts back and forth, i end up with ridiculous post such as .....name calling in the exchange...which makes me wonder, how old people are on this forum, and how much education did they receive, and what did their parents teach them as a child. .......

  9. #139
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what was the whole post having to deal with, a person getting angry, because someone had stickers on there car, ..ok, why does a person feel they should go over and put notes, on another persons property?

    why...because they are pissed, and you can see by the letter shows that.....

    the person thinks ,hey i am mad, therefore i will seek to speak my mind, by putting something on the car.......

    if it is a doctor, i cannot believe a person with that much education, is so low on the intelligence scale to bother writing a note, wasting their time an effort and using foul language to express a point.

    i usually stay about in the Constitution section of this forum, however when i enter outside that area, and discuss other ideas, after and few posts back and forth, i end up with ridiculous post such as .....name calling in the exchange...which makes me wonder, how old people are on this forum, and how much education did they receive, and what did their parents teach them as a child. .......
    Why does the free exercise of speech bother you so greatly? Why are you bothered so much by someone leaving a note? Granted, I think the note referenced in the OP was kind of silly and displayed a childishness in itself...but I don't have an issue with someone responding to someone elses political speech by leaving a note. I believe in the free exchange of ideas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #140
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do people leave political notes on your car?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    Democrats and ONLY Democrats Gave You Obamacare Bumper Sticker | PatriotDepot.com

    This is the only bumper sticker one needs on their car.

    We need to remind every just how bad this law really is.
    Except that its not really true...but hey...if you want to put it on your car....more power to you.

    The reality is that the healthcare reform that Obama originally proposed was very different from what the ACA is today. The reality is that Republicans dug in their heels and wouldn't even discuss it. As a compromise, Obama ditched the public option and replaced it with the Republican idea drawn from the Heritage Foundation of the Insurance Mandate. This is the part of the ACA that most people dislike the most. Did Republicans vote for the new (unimproved version)? No, but it was enough to get the bluedog democrats that were afraid of their own tails to vote for the ACA. So the reality it, Republicans are very much responsible for the version of the ACA that we got because it was a direct result of their refusal to even consider the public option and was in large part a Republican idea that they had supported in the past, offered as a compromise to seek their support.

    But hey....like I said, if a mischaracterized one - liner fits you better......more power to ya.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •