View Poll Results: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, free from criticism

    2 6.67%
  • No, she's just as slimy as he is

    28 93.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?[W:14]

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?[W:14]

    Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism? Is she blameless in the whole Donald Sterling "Don't subject me to black people*" rant?

    This thread is not about Donald Sterling. Sterling's comments/attitude are reprehensible, no argument, but there are other already-existing threads for that. This thread is about V. Stiviano, the girlfriend.

    What's her motivation? Is she doing this solely out of a sense of justice? Or, is she doing this with the long-range goal of a nice payday? What about her being his girlfriend to begin with? Does this possibly suggest a deeper less noble motive? We've seen the pics of him and her. His motivation for being with her is obvious... she's hot. What's her motivation for being with him? Some will defend her with weak defenses or try to feign objectivity by saying "We don't know", but my gut tells me she was attracted to him for one reason... money. For this reason, I suspect her motives. I have nothing to go by but gut feeling, but I suspect that the only reason she ever even said hello to him in the first place was the fact that he's rich... and now she's scheming to get what she can while she can.

    Note: Does this question suggest to minimize Sterling's comments and attitude? No, it does not. Attempts to portray it as such will be flat out wrong. Just delving deeper into the situation for curiosity purposes.

    *- paraphrasing
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    She broke the law. She's a skank.

    Ya think she was only interested in his money?

  3. #3
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    I don't know for sure if she broke the law, but I suspect she is of low moral values and what the horse above said.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    We have all kinds of gold diggers in this country, she's just one kind. She isn't the issue, his words are, apparently also the treatment of his minority tenants is, she is not. Using her as an issue is going to happen because that's the kind of stupidity we live in and anytime blame can be waylaid away from sports/politics and on to the woman, I shall be done.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I don't know for sure if she broke the law, but I suspect she is of low moral values and what the horse above said.
    California
    Date: August 1, 2012
    Summary of statute(s): In California, all parties to any confidential conversation must give their consent to be recorded. This applies whether the recording is done face-to-face or intercepted through some electronic communication such as a cell phone call or series of e-mail or text messages. Both civil and criminal penalties are available to victims of illegal recordings. Further, the state’s so-called “anti-paparazzi” legislation sets fines for, among other things, trespassing on private property with the intent of capturing photos. The state’s vehicle code similarly penalizes those who interfere with drivers of vehicles in pursuit of images or sound recordings


    California | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    California
    Date: August 1, 2012
    Summary of statute(s): In California, all parties to any confidential conversation must give their consent to be recorded. This applies whether the recording is done face-to-face or intercepted through some electronic communication such as a cell phone call or series of e-mail or text messages. Both civil and criminal penalties are available to victims of illegal recordings. Further, the state’s so-called “anti-paparazzi” legislation sets fines for, among other things, trespassing on private property with the intent of capturing photos. The state’s vehicle code similarly penalizes those who interfere with drivers of vehicles in pursuit of images or sound recordings


    California | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
    Glad to see you got a racist's back

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Glad to see you got a racist's back
    Intelligent people see it as defense of law.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Intelligent people see it as defense of law.
    Intelligent people see it as a minor bad for her- a major bad for him. Did anyone say she shouldn't face 'justice' for taping a racist adulterer? It is a misdemeanor.

    In the grand scheme of things her actions are a nit, the millionaire with a wife and girlfriend ranting about blacks seems the scuzzier party.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Glad to see you got a racist's back
    You do realize that you can BOTH criticize her and Sterling right? It isn't a one or another. I think what she did was kinda slimy even though Donald's comments were complete racism.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,771

    Re: Should Donald Sterling's (ex?)-girlfriend be free from criticism?

    Nobody is ever free from criticism.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •