View Poll Results: Is there a war going on against masculinity in the United States?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 43.75%
  • No

    36 56.25%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 164

Thread: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Unlikely.....it likely has more to do with weak males whining about women becoming more free to tell them they are weak.

    WOW your so prophetic and bring so much evidence to the table with you.

    How will my links with scientific proof and studies ever stand up top your insight fullness.
    You should try reading I know at times it can be very difficult to understand how letters form words and then those words form sentences that in turn form scientific evidence.

    Now I am going to explain to you that Estrogen is produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands and fat tissues.
    If a man want to lets say become more like a woman they would take estrogen. They start to develop breasts and have decreased masculinity!


    Bisphenol A Mimics Estrogen, Phthalates Target Testosterone

    NEW YORK, Feb. 5 -- Call these chemicals "his" and "her" endocrine disruptors.

    Although they have been linked to reproductive problems in both sexes, bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates -- common chemicals found in household plastics -- have gender-specific effects.

    BPA mimics estrogen, while phthalates block testosterone action, Hugh S. Taylor, M.D., of Yale University, said at a press briefing.

    "BPA looks like estrogen," Dr. Taylor, whose research focuses on uterine development and endocrine disruption, said of its chemical structure. "By itself it is a very weak estrogen."

    The chemical stimulates uterine growth, he said, and animal studies have revealed other estrogen-like effects.

    Mice that were exposed to BPA as fetuses developed abnormalities of the ovaries, uterus, and vagina, Dr. Taylor said. Other murine studies found genetic abnormalities in eggs, an increased risk of mammary cancers, and early puberty in females.


    Study: Most Plastics Leach Hormone-Like Chemicals : NPR

    Most plastic products, from sippy cups to food wraps, can release chemicals that act like the sex hormone estrogen, according to a in Environmental Health Perspectives.

    The study found these chemicals even in products that didn't contain BPA, a compound in certain plastics that's been widely criticized because it mimics estrogen.

    "Then, you greatly increase the probability that you're going to get chemicals having estrogenic activity released," he says, adding that more than 95 percent of the products tested positive after undergoing this sort of stress.


    So try researching some before beating chest me TARZAN. BS

  2. #32
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    WOW your so prophetic and bring so much evidence to the table with you.

    How will my links with scientific proof and studies ever stand up top your insight fullness.
    You should try reading I know at times it can be very difficult to understand how letters form words and then those words form sentences that in turn form scientific evidence.

    Now I am going to explain to you that Estrogen is produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands and fat tissues.
    If a man want to lets say become more like a woman they would take estrogen. They start to develop breasts and have decreased masculinity!


    Bisphenol A Mimics Estrogen, Phthalates Target Testosterone

    NEW YORK, Feb. 5 -- Call these chemicals "his" and "her" endocrine disruptors.

    Although they have been linked to reproductive problems in both sexes, bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates -- common chemicals found in household plastics -- have gender-specific effects.

    BPA mimics estrogen, while phthalates block testosterone action, Hugh S. Taylor, M.D., of Yale University, said at a press briefing.

    "BPA looks like estrogen," Dr. Taylor, whose research focuses on uterine development and endocrine disruption, said of its chemical structure. "By itself it is a very weak estrogen."

    The chemical stimulates uterine growth, he said, and animal studies have revealed other estrogen-like effects.

    Mice that were exposed to BPA as fetuses developed abnormalities of the ovaries, uterus, and vagina, Dr. Taylor said. Other murine studies found genetic abnormalities in eggs, an increased risk of mammary cancers, and early puberty in females.


    Study: Most Plastics Leach Hormone-Like Chemicals : NPR

    Most plastic products, from sippy cups to food wraps, can release chemicals that act like the sex hormone estrogen, according to a in Environmental Health Perspectives.

    The study found these chemicals even in products that didn't contain BPA, a compound in certain plastics that's been widely criticized because it mimics estrogen.

    "Then, you greatly increase the probability that you're going to get chemicals having estrogenic activity released," he says, adding that more than 95 percent of the products tested positive after undergoing this sort of stress.


    So try researching some before beating chest me TARZAN. BS
    Apparently....I touched a nerve.

    So Sorry little man.(SIC)

  3. #33
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    When you consider there is a 2 billion dollar and growing testosterone replacement industry in the United States, I don't see the supposed war.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Apparently....I touched a nerve.

    So Sorry little man.(SIC)


  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    When you consider there is a 2 billion dollar and growing testosterone replacement industry in the United States, I don't see the supposed war.
    2+2=5 in common core math

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    If a war on masculinity means a war on machismo then I would say yes and it's needed. If you mean just on men in general then I would say more on white men and it's definitely not needed and just wrong. Equality doesn't mean discriminating against one group in order to attempt to make up for the discrimination in the past (or present) of another group.
    So you actually feel there is more of a war on white men than black men? It is beyond me what could make you feel that way. Could you please explain?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    When you consider there is a 2 billion dollar and growing testosterone replacement industry in the United States, I don't see the supposed war.
    What does that have to do with anything? That's a medical treatment and has nothing to do with anything being talked about. In any event, considering that doctors have stopped giving the stuff out like they did some time ago with female hormones due to health concerns, the industry isn't probably growing like it did not that long ago. Notice how the commercials have stopped? There is a reason for that.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    2+2=5 in common core math
    More like 2+2=15. He is just saying random ****. lol.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So you actually feel there is more of a war on white men than black men? It is beyond me what could make you feel that way. Could you please explain?
    Its pretty obvious actually if you actually looked around you.

  10. #40
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Is There A War On Masculinity Going On In The United States?

    Lets see. There is a war on men launched by women; and the answer is help from a group called WFM...Women For Men.

    Everybody is freaking nuts.


Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •