View Poll Results: Read article ... Do you agree he is a traitor or disagree?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    45 45.92%
  • no

    53 54.08%
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 322

Thread: Is Snowden a traitor?

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,000

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well that's interesting.
    I wonder if those defending him now would still do so if it was revealed that he was working with the Russians all along.
    Ever since this crap with Ukraine started, I've believed Snowden was involved in giving up NATO secrets.
    I don't like Rogers when he is political, such as his marbles to chess comment.
    But when a House Chair, the highest meaninful office in the House on a specific subject speaks, I listen .
    You're Welcome .

  2. #82
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    42,536

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Oh yea and check out how he plays along with Putin for propaganda and posed questions he accepts that Russia does not spy except on "terrorists".

    What a traitor!

    WATCH: Edward Snowden Quizzes Vladimir Putin On Russian Surveillance - The National Memo
    Well sure. Isn't it just generally understood that Russia is the global champion for individual liberty and limited government intrusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovid View Post
    I feel that it is objective, so that makes it objective.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,000

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    The American people and the USA Government/Constitution are in harmony brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Yes. He turned on Big Brother and provided aid and comfort
    to the American People, you know, the enemy of the Government...
    Incredible that you would not ALSO recognize the aid and comfort given to Putin and Russia and God knows who else by Rosenburg Jr .
    You're Welcome .

  4. #84
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,944

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The American people and the USA Government/Constitution are in harmony brother.

    Incredible that you would not ALSO recognize the aid and comfort given to Putin and Russia and God knows who else by Rosenburg Jr .
    Oh I don't think so...No, no, no...

    Hey, you think being protected from the US doesn't come with a price?
    "Whoever lays his hand on me to govern me is an usurper and tyrant, and I declare him my enemy." -- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

  5. #85
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Again, you have not shown that the Espionage Act is unconstitutional.
    can you show they are constitutional?

    he, being part of a u.s government organization is making that charge that they are not.

    it was express when the story broke that snowden took a oath to the federal law to keep secrets he knew.

    he states, they violate constitutional, since that is a very serious charge against the federal government should not be allowed to plea his case without the threat of government trying to use federal law to lock him away, without being heard.

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,339
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    can you show they are constitutional?

    he, being part of a u.s government organization is making that charge that they are not.

    it was express when the story broke that snowden took a oath to the federal law to keep secrets he knew.

    he states, they violate constitutional, since that is a very serious charge against the federal government should not be allowed to plea his case without the threat of government trying to use federal law to lock him away, without being heard.
    Considering the law has stood almost 100 years, I see zero evidence it is in fact unconstitutional. Good luck on getting SCOTUS to buy into your argument. Their opinion actually matters.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #87
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,339
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Can you blame him? What they are doing to Chelsea Manning is ungodly cruel and that is where he would be right now.
    There are consequences to actions. Just about anything she does now will go through the legal system. That is a direct result of her actions.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #88
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Considering the law has stood almost 100 years, I see zero evidence it is in fact unconstitutional. Good luck on getting SCOTUS to buy into your argument. Their opinion actually matters.
    oh you know the law then do you, ..if you know it that good, then you sure have no trouble providing us with info, but I don't see how, since the intimate details of anything snowden knows and what he has seen is still not known to the public, and it not likely we will never know it all.

    the whole point of the snowden case is he states he took an oath, to keep silent about things he which he discovered, and in his mind were unconstitutional.

    since we do know that the government has been listening to our communications, I don't see even the court can say that is legal, since the restriction placed on the federal government by the bill of rights is clear about a person being secure in the 4th.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not at all. He's an American hero, IMO. I believe history will treat him as such.
    You really think Snowden is a hero? He probably thought so of himself. That much is true and lends a certain sympathy to his misbegotten action. But believing in what you do does not constitute a valid excuse for treason.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,339
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    oh you know the law then do you, ..if you know it that good, then you sure have no trouble providing us with info, but I don't see how, since the intimate details of anything snowden knows and what he has seen is still not known to the public, and it not likely we will never know it all.

    the whole point of the snowden case is he states he took an oath, to keep silent about things he which he discovered, and in his mind were unconstitutional.

    since we do know that the government has been listening to our communications, I don't see even the court can say that is legal, since the restriction placed on the federal government by the bill of rights is clear about a person being secure in the 4th.
    What he knows is entirely irrelevant to the Espionage Act. The question is whether he delivered classified information about national defense to some one not entitled to have it, something he fully admits to. You might want ot read up on the law, instead of just claiming everything is unconstitutional.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •