View Poll Results: Read article ... Do you agree he is a traitor or disagree?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    45 45.92%
  • no

    53 54.08%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 322

Thread: Is Snowden a traitor?

  1. #311
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    crap like this:

    Edward Snowden told a crowd of fans Wednesday that the government's surveillance programs collect more data on Americans than any other country.

    "Does the NSA know more about Americans in America than Russians in Russia?" Snowden said, appearing by live video during an awards ceremony in Washington. "We watch our own people more closely than anyone else in the world."
    which is blatantly, almost hilariously obviously false. Now, this should discredit Snowden, even in the eyes of those who oppose the metadata program. China, Egypt, North Korea, and a whole host of other nations all immediately spring to mind as examples of countries who not only collect and observe the content of all communications, but do so obsessively. But the utilization of Ground Truth doesn't seem to be much of a priority for the pro-Snowden folks, and I predict they will either attempt to ignore or defend this kind of hyperbole, just as most of them ignore and a few of them attempt to defend him releasing information which has nothing to do with collection against Americans, but does have to do with collection against the Chinese, the North Koreans, and the Taliban.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  2. #312
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    If our nation's freedom is at stake, how many lives is that worth? And how many times have people had to make that same decision through out history? I doubt that any troops died as a result of Snowden's actions. If someone dies, they died because their government is using them as pawns for special interests. Patriotism is a poisonous vapor.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  3. #313
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    If our nation's freedom is at stake, how many lives is that worth? And how many times have people had to make that same decision through out history? I doubt that any troops died as a result of Snowden's actions. If someone dies, they died because their government is using them as pawns for special interests. Patriotism is a poisonous vapor.
    So many of these sentences seem to have nothing to do with the one before them.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #314
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    If our nation's freedom is at stake, how many lives is that worth?
    who gave Snowden the right to kill my friends?
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  5. #315
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Ya know, part of me says this guy is a traitor. But another part of me says this guy was maybe slightly disgusted at what the NSA was doing and wanted to show the world what was happening. In the end, no matter what happened. It's looking like his fate is set in stone, and we have more information, call him a traitor or not but what he exposed enlightened us quite a bit.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #316
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Ya know, part of me says this guy is a traitor. But another part of me says this guy was maybe slightly disgusted at what the NSA was doing and wanted to show the world what was happening. In the end, no matter what happened. It's looking like his fate is set in stone, and we have more information, call him a traitor or not but what he exposed enlightened us quite a bit.
    Yeah. And if he had only exposed the metadata program, he could claim that. Unfortunately, he also exposed how we collect on the Chinese, the North Koreans the Taliban, the Russians, etc.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  7. #317
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    But another part of me says this guy was maybe slightly disgusted at what the NSA was doing and wanted to show the world what was happening.
    But didn't he say that he took the job specifically to "uncover things"? It's not like he was working there in good faith, he was an anonymous-type, internet hero. Didn't even learn what the job was about, why it was happening. Just wanted to uncover some stuff.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #318
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yeah, that's why he had to run to Russia like a total bitch. If he was truly standing on principal he's come back and face his charges.
    No he wouldnt because the guys in power and obama would kill him, deny him due process, or convict him anyways. I hate russia (the govt and putin) but i dont trust the agencies one bit. He is standing on principle so he wouldnt get done off with covertly. By him living, he can expose and educate us. I think obama and co would kill him if he ever returned or if they ever could illegally or not.

  9. #319
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    crap like this:



    which is blatantly, almost hilariously obviously false. Now, this should discredit Snowden, even in the eyes of those who oppose the metadata program. China, Egypt, North Korea, and a whole host of other nations all immediately spring to mind as examples of countries who not only collect and observe the content of all communications, but do so obsessively. But the utilization of Ground Truth doesn't seem to be much of a priority for the pro-Snowden folks, and I predict they will either attempt to ignore or defend this kind of hyperbole, just as most of them ignore and a few of them attempt to defend him releasing information which has nothing to do with collection against Americans, but does have to do with collection against the Chinese, the North Koreans, and the Taliban.
    How do you know if he cant reveal everything? I think no ome will ever learn the truth, but i suspect that they are everywhere. Only place id say anything is safe is in the woods but even then...

  10. #320
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvincoolidge View Post
    How do you know if he cant reveal everything?
    Sure. In the same conspiracy vein where Bush pulled off 9/11 and lizard like aliens secretly run Britain, it is possible that the US has entire agencies no one knows about staffed with upwards of a million people doing nothing but spying on their own populace. But it's not realistically plausible. Even the metadata program doesn't come close to collecting the scope or size of the content that nations such as North Korea, Egypt, China, etc. do on their populaces. It's the equivalent of claiming that Belgium actually has the largest military in the world. Sure, if they had that much of a black budget and kept the entire force hidden from the eyes of the world, I guess it's possible. But it's really idiotic hyperbole.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •