View Poll Results: Read article ... Do you agree he is a traitor or disagree?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    45 45.92%
  • no

    53 54.08%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 322

Thread: Is Snowden a traitor?

  1. #301
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,847

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Hyperbole. Why even bother?

    Strawman.
    She are the one here arguing that the soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, policemen, firefighters, schoolteachers, and postal workers who work for our federal government are the Enemy. If you want to decry the statement, fine, but it means you can no longer claim that nothing Snowden released has harmed the security of the American people.

    Until then, she is in the precisely the same position as the Westboro folks. F--- dead soldiers because they are the Enemy.

    lol yes..right. Diplomats who only desire peace- give me a break.
    Annoyingly so, in fact. It is a common error on their part, for example, to confuse a lack of fighting with peace, go native, and perceive talks as an objective in and of themselves.

    Your conclusions in this thread indicate indoctrination.
    Actually what they indicate is experience and education. Hers indicate paranoia, an inability to see the world in anything other than binary and a distinct lack of having thought this issue out. Her paranoid delusions that somehow the federal government is your enemy (which she cowardly refuses to actually fight, indicating that it isnt' her enemy because she has already lost and accepted servitude) has led her to adopt an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend approach, even when that results in her supporting people like Snowden who objectively help to get your fellow citizens killed in the name of brutal tyranny. What a glorious freedom fighter she is, so brave here in DP, and yet so unable to match even a portion of the sacrifice she demands for others.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-30-14 at 06:49 PM.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  2. #302
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You have to have loyalty to be a traitor. Benedict Arnold was one... we don't know if Snowden was though. Just being from a country doesn't buy loyalty.
    If you are loyal, you aren't a traitor. Being from a country may not buy loyalty, but it does buy an accusation of treason if you betray that country's secrets. That's not my opinion, that's the law.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Because our judicial system is so honest and fair. If the gov. willingly breaks constitutional law whats to stop them from silencing whistleblowers through the federal court? How can you blindly follow our idiotic leaders? Its hilarious. Dumb leading dumber.
    Yes, far better take the Snowden approach. Turn everything over to Vladamir Putin, because God knows he's trustworthy.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #304
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Manning spent years in solitary confinement before he was put on trial. USA citizens and others have been held in Guantanamo and killed without any legitimate due process.
    Do you have names of U.S. citizens killed in Guantanamo? Or is this more Far Left/Right paranoia?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Those who support Big Government without question may not be disenfranchised, but they are being lied to. Behind every truth is a dollar sign. Patriotism is a state funded religion. If flag waving didn't release endorphins, no one would do it.



    ah yes-- the over used, and non creative "you must be young" response. I was born just before Iran-Contra, thanks very much.
    Pity the only thing you apparently have learned in the intervening years is to hate your own country. A country that has provided you with an education, a reasonable life style, and enough time on your hands to go on the Internet and attack it.

    Unless, of course, you aren't an American.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #306
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I won't deny that. I feel as if only special interests are being represented by this government.
    Maybe you'd be happier somewhere else? Somewhere where the 'government' represents people like you?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #307
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,855

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I know this may seem old news yet more is being released and a recent conversation with a friend does not view him this way.

    I followed this story lightly and would like to dig more and hear your thoughts.

    Here is an article that sums up my perspective so far. What do you think?

    Yes, Edward Snowden Is a Traitor | The Diplomat


    Yeah, he's a traitor for sure...

    The whole article is based on this:

    I always felt that Snowden was a traitor.
    What's the point in reading any further...anyone with a closed mind will surf the net until they find evidence to support their uninformed opinion.

    I did read further, clearly this writer doesn't spend a lot of time thinking things through.

    For a nation that has been at war pretty much all of fifty years killing to preserve rights, you people sure are quick to surrender them in the face on trouble, real or perceived.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #308
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,847

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    And again, the misuse of the "our" pronoun.
    We the people are sovereign and own this government, and at the very least it represents us. It is ours. If it is not yours, then you belong to a different nation-state, and are here illegally. You don't get a choice whether or not it is your government unless you choose to emigrate to another country.

    Nope, it's pure logic. To associate the People w/the govt. means that the govt. works for the people, which is false.
    Incorrect. To associate the government as belonging to the people is to accurately identify the flow of sovereignty. Simply because the government doesn't behave does not mean that it does not belong to us.

    The US govt., like most other plutocratic regimes, works against the People's interests in favor of their private/corporate sponsors. Therefore the govt. is not the people, but rather its adversary.
    Incorrect. For example, I do not work in your interests, but rather my own. This does not make us enemies.

    The WBC is just a bunch of bigots, much like their populist GOP brethren running around screaming "Muslum" or "spic."
    Fascinating. Perhaps you can link me to these GOPers running around screaming muslim or spic. In the meantime, your logic is the same as the WBC folk - because you refuse to admit that there is a difference between policies you do not like and soldiers dying in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-30-14 at 07:22 PM.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  9. #309
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,675

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Reasonable suspicion applies to individuals and small groups, not to everyone who happened to be with a few miles of a crime.

    I don't want to live in a nation that listens in on my phone calls and I don't think most residents of the USA want that. I would rather take some risk of crime and even terrorism than give up all privacy. Giving more power and access to our personal information to government officials will not make them more accountable.

    Since you support data mining, please show that you are not hypocrite by posting your most recent phone bill.
    Euro 254.36.

    But your reply indicates that you are not interested in the interplay of security, information costs and political system.
    Last edited by joG; 04-30-14 at 11:44 PM.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,315

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    If you are loyal, you aren't a traitor. Being from a country may not buy loyalty, but it does buy an accusation of treason if you betray that country's secrets. That's not my opinion, that's the law.
    Agreed. I think that traitor laws are ridiculous though...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •