View Poll Results: Read article ... Do you agree he is a traitor or disagree?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    45 45.92%
  • no

    53 54.08%
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 322

Thread: Is Snowden a traitor?

  1. #281
    ¡Selah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's interesting. In today's political climate you won't see too many people openly cheering for the Taliban. How very "libertarian" of you.
    Hyperbole. Why even bother?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    However, you are incorrect for the simple reason that you continue to see the federal government as some kind of monolithic entity at war with the U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan aren't American citizens, they are the enemy, and cheers to Snowden if he gets them killed.
    Strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Diplomats in Yemen aren't American citizens, they are the enemy and cheers to Snowden if he wrecks their efforts to utilize diplomacy to stave off conflict, or ruins our ability to head off threat streams against them.

    Congradulations.
    lol yes..right. Diplomats who only desire peace- give me a break. Your conclusions in this thread indicate indoctrination.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yours is the logic of the Westboro Baptist Church. May your particular intellectual movement enjoy the same wide condemnation that they do.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #282
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Truly sad that because some people feel disenfranchised, they think everyone else is. Perhaps some of you are entirely ignorant. That doesn't mean everyone is.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #283
    ¡Selah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Truly sad that because some people feel disenfranchised, they think everyone else is. Perhaps some of you are entirely ignorant. That doesn't mean everyone is.
    i think most people are "plugged into" the system. With the wool pulled over their eyes, they function at a level which prevents them from using logic. Patriotism is devoid of logic and is emotive. Therein lies the weakness and lack of logic.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #284
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    i think most people are "plugged into" the system. With the wool pulled over their eyes, they function at a level which prevents them from using logic. Patriotism is devoid of logic and is emotive. Therein lies the weakness and lack of logic.
    I meant you guys. You feel disenfranchised, without a voice, only fed lies. So of course you hate and villainize the government It's just ignorant. The US government isn't good. It isn't bad. It's just a government, made up of regular Americans.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Of course he is. He knew that when he made his choice and frankly the little press conference with Putin scuttled the last of his excuses and a lot of his rationale for doing as he did.

  6. #286
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    That is not evidence that he gave anything to Russia. If the Russians seized his data it would have tainted their big PR win from allowing him into the county.

    He attempted to go to other places first, he did not go directly to Russia.
    I'm reaching the conclusion that, far from being naïve, you actually don't give a damn whether he supplied military secrets to the Russians. He's your hero, and that's all that matters.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    That is not evidence that he gave anything to Russia. If the Russians seized his data it would have tainted their big PR win from allowing him into the county.

    He attempted to go to other places first, he did not go directly to Russia.
    You are correct. He first tried to go to China - and did. I expect he dropped some goodies off for them before he traveled on to Moscow.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If he doesn't care about America then how the hell is he a traitor? Stupid ****ing question...
    This just in - traitors don't give a damn about their country. That's why they're traitors.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The simple fact is there are Americans apparently naive enough to believe that the Russian govt. doesn't already know all those "secrets."
    How would the Russians know all of those secrets? What a silly comment.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #290
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Is Snowden a traitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Hyperbole. Why even bother?



    Strawman.



    lol yes..right. Diplomats who only desire peace- give me a break. Your conclusions in this thread indicate indoctrination.



    Well, there's some folks who have been indoctrinated here. Mainly with the 'U.S. is evil, and everybody who supports them is good' philosophy. I can only conclude that you are very young.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •