View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 80 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #791
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh, no one is arguing you cannot argue a thing, I'm just pointing out that your argument is....wrong.

    According to nine people that said the thirteenth amendment only deals with slavery similar to what the blacks went through. Does anyone know where that is written in the amendment? Either my eyes refuse to see it or they just made that up.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-23-14 at 08:22 PM.

  2. #792
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The point is that money goes back to the gas company. The owner only makes a small profit on it. It's not their gas.

    I buy gas for a wholesale price, the gas may take me weeks or months to sell it all.

    I sell the gas at retail, making a little over the price I pay for it wholesale...and that is my profit.

    the gas company supplying the gas, does not wait until I make profit, they want their money when the gas is delivered.

  3. #793
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that's impossible, I cannot make them subservient, because they can walk out the door at anytime.

    but you can make me subservient by using the power of government to make me serve you, or the government forces me out of business.
    Um, point is you are selling needed resources. If you are refusing resources to people who need them and are willingly to buy them because you are discriminating, you are making them subservient to you.

  4. #794
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, that's appeal to authority which is logical fallacy. The courts ruling on something doesn't necessarily mean that the something was just.
    LOL....the SCOTUS ruling is not "just"......when it let the NM courts decision AGAINST discrimination by a commercial entity stand.

    Whats next?

    Katzenbach v. McClung was "unjust", Blacks should not be served at a commercial entity?

    Excuse me....but just how far are you willing to take your argument......all the way to Apartheid?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #795
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's their gas once they buy it.
    They are renting it because they owe the money to the gas company.

  6. #796
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....the SCOTUS ruling is not "just"......when it let the NM courts decision AGAINST discrimination by a commercial entity stand.

    Whats next?

    Katzenbach v. McClung was "unjust", Blacks should not be served at a commercial entity?

    Excuse me....but just how far are you willing to take your argument......all the way to Apartheid?
    As far as it applies.

  7. #797
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Which is why your generalizations into overarching government force fail.
    Strawman.

  8. #798
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The point here is that this goes beyond feelings. Thus has been demonstrated several times.
    it has been stated, if it goes beyond feelings...then if is a rights violation by the owner, ...what is the violation, according to the rights we have under the constitution.

    you have no exercisable rights on property which does not belong to you.

  9. #799
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I buy gas for a wholesale price, the gas may take me weeks or months to sell it all.

    I sell the gas at retail, making a little over the price I pay for it wholesale...and that is my profit.

    the gas company supplying the gas, does not wait until I make profit, they want their money when the gas is delivered.
    Tell that to the poster who thinks that is your gas when a large part of that money belongs to the supplier.

  10. #800
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    As far as it applies.
    F'nig libertarians are history class drop-outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •