View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 65 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #641
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no I am right..

    this is not the federalist papers, it is Madison...who wrote the the bill of rights, and stuck to the principle of life liberty and property.

    you and others do not have authority on my property. Period.
    And what you often forget is you don't have authority over someone else's property either. Someone who is willing to exchange his property (money) for your property (good or service) is an equal exchange of property. Merchant's shouldn't have status above his clientele. All humans are equal....that is the premise. I'm sick of this attitude that the merchant should be viewed as some kind of lord that is doing business with a serf and the serf should be so blessed to have his property accepted by the lord. If The Lord views the serf unworthy then he shouldn't be allowed in the exchange of commerce with such a lofty merchant. It's pathetic mindset really.

  2. #642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A private club, with private membership, which is not open to the public. One can have all the cross burnings and hood parties one wants therein.
    That's not a business. That's a club.

    So when you say, "if you decide to open up a public business...", you really mean, "if you decide to open a business..."

  3. #643
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    That's not a business. That's a club.

    So when you say, "if you decide to open up a public business...", you really mean, "if you decide to open a business..."
    Never heard of Sam's Club? You can do that, and not provide memberships to blacks. Then you will not have to live in constant fear of a black people.

  4. #644
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    And what you often forget is you don't have authority over someone else's property either. Someone who is willing to exchange his property (money) for your property (good or service) is an equal exchange of property. Merchant's shouldn't have status above his clientele. All humans are equal....that is the premise. I'm sick of this attitude that the merchant should be viewed as some kind of lord that is doing business with a serf and the serf should be so blessed to have his property accepted by the lord. If The Lord views the serf unworthy then he shouldn't be allowed in the exchange of commerce with such a lofty merchant. It's pathetic mindset really.
    how do I have authority over your property ..if I am in my own store, and you enter it wanting something from me?

    people are equal under the law...........they are NOT EQUAL BY LAW.

    government in creating laws, are to see everyone adheres to the same law, with no expectations....that is equality under the law..........what the founders speak of.

    equality by law, is social justice, the act of democracy of using government to make everyone equal across the spectrum...which is such a vile concept!

  5. #645
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    people are equal under the law...
    And the law states that blacks get equal protection in the public sphere, including businesses that choose to be open to the public.

    Why do you deny them liberty, support fraud and promote aggression?

  6. #646
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nope.

    I'm...

    White
    Male
    Straight
    Not old.
    Not disabled.
    Not married.
    Not religious
    Never was in the military

    I'm histories worst enemy - a white straight man!
    thank you fro proving you are severely uneducated about this topic, you listed multiple things that are FACTUALLY protected lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #647
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    And the law states that blacks get equal protection in the public sphere, including businesses that choose to be open to the public.

    Why do you deny them liberty, support fraud and promote aggression?

    wrong.....equality under the law applies to governments only...because they make the laws...............the people do not make laws, to apply unequally.......so why are you stating the law applies to the people?

  8. #648
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong.....equality under the law applies to governments only...because they make the laws...............the people do not make laws, to apply unequally.......so why are you stating the law applies to the people?
    Equality under the applies to the public sphere, into which one chooses to place private property in the opening of a business to the public. The government cannot enforce equal rights until and unless you choose to take advantage of access to the public sphere.

    You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Either your business is closed to the public or open. You decide, and deal with the accompanying responsibilities.

    Your position is anti-responsibility, anti-liberty, anti-free market, pro-fraud and pro-aggression. In other word: racist.

  9. #649
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    how do I have authority over your property ..if I am in my own store, and you enter it wanting something from me?

    people are equal under the law...........they are NOT EQUAL BY LAW.

    government in creating laws, are to see everyone adheres to the same law, with no expectations....that is equality under the law..........what the founders speak of.

    equality by law, is social justice, the act of democracy of using government to make everyone equal across the spectrum...which is such a vile concept!
    They want it from you because you are selling it. The vile concept are attitudes that merchants should have a right to discriminate.

  10. #650
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Equality under the applies to the public sphere, into which one chooses to place private property in the opening of a business to the public. The government cannot enforce equal rights until and unless you choose to take advantage of access to the public sphere.

    You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Either your business is closed to the public or open. You decide, and deal with the accompanying responsibilities.

    Your position is anti-responsibility, anti-liberty, pro-fraud and pro-aggression.
    why are you applying constitutional law to the people?

    the constitution does not apply to the people it only applies to governments

    you are stating that a restriction placed on the federal government by the constitution ....also lays a restriction on the people and that is false.


    The Preamble to The Bill of Rights

    Congress of the United States
    begun and held at the City of New-York, on
    Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

    THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its [FEDERAL[ powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •