View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 57 of 230 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's fine in the private sphere. In the public sphere, people have a right to freedom of movement and equal opportunity.
    In both areas people only have the right to commence in commerce with those that consent to do so with them.

    Why do you hate the free market? Why do you endorse fraud and aggression?
    What are you talking about? My argument is based on voluntary exchange which very much is in support of the free market. Your argument however is based on involuntary exchange and forced labor imposed on the people by the government. If you think a market controlled by the government is a free market then please take the time to look up the term.

  2. #562
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are doing exactly what the founders feared would happen if rights were enumerated - people presuming that only those rights exist.

    You are turning the Constitution on its head in order to support fraud and aggression.
    wrong, only some rights in the bill of rights are enumerated[recognized by the constitution], all other rights. which have come into question before the court, have been recognized by the court, and placed under the 9th.

    a right to vote is not enumerated, but it was recognized by the court, and falls under the 9th.....

    rights are either recognized by the constitution OR recognized by the USSC.........rights are not created by congress.

  3. #563
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes i do, and every right which is not enumerated falls under the 9th, now do you wish to tell me what right the court [ussc] has reconized, which states you have a right to be served by me.
    No one is claiming anyone has a right to be served by you. We're claiming that freedom of movement, business association and opportunity within the public sphere are rights.

    Your "show me it in the Constitution" is a BS argument and you know it. You KNOW the Constitution is not a list of all existing rights. You KNOW the founders feared that dumb people would do exactly as you are doing and treat it as such. And you are doing so for an act of aggression.

  4. #564
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    as it has been stated by me to you before, everything about a person is property.

    OR...are you forgetting the women state they have a right to their bodies, when it comes to abortion.

    you have a funny sense of liberty, believing it should be crushed when it offends you.....I don't think you ever consider how your words, and thoughts of government offend other people....maybe we should crush your right to speech, because people "just don't like what you say"
    Oh the irony of the red bolded, only adds to the irony of the blue bolded.

    Ernst, regarding the red bolded, EXACTLY correct. A purchaser's liberty should not be crushed because the seller is offended.

    And ernst, regarding the blue, based on what is your statement of something equivalent to it being a fact,... since everything about a person is not property, but yes a woman's body is her property as is anyone's physical body, which can be but is not usually considered akin to a product or service as being discussed here. And when a person is using their body as a product or service independent of outside pressures (ie pimps or brothels), they can refuse service to whomever they choose.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Your lawn is not public business.
    Neither is the majority of the things anti-discrimination laws apply to.

  6. #566
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Your argument however is based on involuntary exchange and forced labor imposed on the people by the government.
    Not at all. No one is forcing anyone to open a public business. If someone does open a public business, then it must actually be open to the public.

  7. #567
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Oh the irony of the red bolded, only adds to the irony of the blue bolded.

    Ernst, regarding the red bolded, EXACTLY correct. A purchaser's liberty should not be crushed because the seller is offended.

    And ernst, regarding the blue, based on what is your statement of something equivalent to it being a fact,... since everything about a person is not property, but yes a woman's body is her property as is anyone's physical body, which can be but is not usually considered akin to a product or service as being discussed here. And when a person is using their body as a product or service independent of outside pressures (ie pimps or brothels), they can refuse service to whomever they choose.

    property is property....It belongs to the owner.

    one person or government has the right or authority to usurp the rights of the property owner......UNLESS, the property owner in involved in a rights violation, or a health and safety issue.

    I do not surrender property rights when I enter the business world.

  8. #568
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong, only some rights in the bill of rights are enumerated[recognized by the constitution], all other rights. which have come into question before the court, have been recognized by the court, and placed under the 9th.

    a right to vote is not enumerated, but it was recognized by the court, and falls under the 9th.....

    rights are either recognized by the constitution OR recognized by the USSC.........rights are not created by congress.
    Rights are not created by the Constitution or the USSC.

  9. #569
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Neither is the majority of the things anti-discrimination laws apply to.
    We're discussing public business. Do try to keep the topic in mind.

  10. #570
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    property is property....It belongs to the owner.

    one person or government has the right or authority to usurp the rights of the property owner......UNLESS, the property owner in involved in a rights violation, or a health and safety issue.

    I do not surrender property rights when I enter the business world.
    And not selling to someone who is neither harming you or your business is..... I bet you've figured it out.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •