View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 56 of 230 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #551
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it is upholding the freedom of choice as it is upholding both parties right to choose to take part in a transaction of property and service or not.
    That's fine in the private sphere. In the public sphere, people have a right to freedom of movement and equal opportunity.

    Why do you hate the free market? Why do you endorse fraud and aggression?

  2. #552
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are restricting their freedom of movement and opportunity within the public sphere. This is an infringement upon their rights, an attack on the free market, fraud and blatant aggression against a group.
    could you please name the Right, which is recognized by the constitution.

  3. #553
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    could you please name the Right, which is recognized by the constitution.
    You do understand that the Constitution is not a finalized list of rights, don't you? It's an enumeration of some rights.

    You're acting like the Constitution grants rights. It does not.

    Stop turning the Constitution on its head to support fraud and aggression.

  4. #554
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    that's fine in the private sphere. In the public sphere, people have a right to freedom of movement and equal opportunity.
    this incorrect, you dont have freedom of movement on my property, to do as you will, and as for equal oppertunity, ..that is government which is to see you have equality under the law....meaning they must treat everyone equal becuase they create the law.

    People do not create law, for law to be applied in an unequal fashion.

    Equality under the law is witten for governments.... Not the people.

  5. #555
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,109

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's fine in the private sphere. In the public sphere, people have a right to freedom of movement and equal opportunity.

    Why do you hate the free market? Why do you endorse fraud and aggression?
    Dude, you are arguing against the free market. If people have a right to free movement, then you can't forbid them from moving in a direction simply because you find it distasteful.

    Are you going to come mow my lawn now? If you don't, after all, you're infringing on my rights.

  6. #556
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,109

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You do understand that the Constitution is not a finalized list of rights, don't you? It's an enumeration of some rights.

    You're acting like the Constitution grants rights. It does not.

    Stop turning the Constitution on its head to support fraud and aggression.
    There is neither fraud nor aggression in individual non-participation.

  7. #557
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    you do understand that the constitution is not a finalized list of rights, don't you? It's an enumeration of some rights.

    You're acting like the constitution grants rights. It does not.

    Stop turning the constitution on its head to support fraud and aggression.
    yes i do, and every right which is not enumerated falls under the 9th, now do you wish to tell me what right the court [ussc] has reconized, which states you have a right to be served by me.

  8. #558
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Dude, you are arguing against the free market. If people have a right to free movement, then you can't forbid them from moving in a direction simply because you find it distasteful.

    Are you going to come mow my lawn now? If you don't, after all, you're infringing on my rights.
    Your lawn is not public business.

  9. #559
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes i do, and every right which is not enumerated falls under the 9th, now do you wish to tell me what right the court [ussc] has reconizxed, which states you have a right to be served by me.
    You are doing exactly what the founders feared would happen if rights were enumerated - people presuming that only those rights exist.

    You are turning the Constitution on its head in order to support fraud and aggression.

  10. #560
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    There is neither fraud nor aggression in individual non-participation.
    Sure there is.

    It's fraud because "black free shopping" provides no real benefit. You're promoting snake oil salesmen.

    It's aggression because you are limiting others' freedom of movement, business association and opportunity within the public sphere. You are attempting to create a second class citizenry. That is an act of economic war against a group and clearly aggression.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •