View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 216 of 230 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #2151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,016

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    [QUOTE=US Conservative;1063248405]
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    Irony thy name is haymarket.
    Why so?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #2152
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Said as if the democrat party isnt the party of confiscating wealth to redistribute for votes-and calling it virtuous. Its amazing how little insight you appear to have.
    And yet again I'll ask the question that NO conservative can honestly answer: why is it that the most prosperous democracies on the planet ALL have the exact type of high-tax, high-regulation, strong-social-safety-net systems that conservatives are Absolutely Sure are doomed to fail? I mean, it's been over half a century for ALL of them...and one of them have devolved to third-world status.

    On the other hand, the nations that have no substantial minimum wage, low effective taxes, little or no regulation, and little or no safety net...ALL such nations are third world nations, and NONE of them have risen to the standard of living of first-world nations?

    WHY IS THAT, guy?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #2153
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You dont have a right to convenience, buddy. Your racism strawman is so predictable so as to be considered unremarkable.
    Ah. He supports the 'right' of people to be overtly racist in the way they treat other people even to the point of denying medical treatment...but when we point out that his position legitimizing racism is why there are more racists in his party, well, THAT's building a strawman!

    Incredible.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #2154
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    [QUOTE=haymarket;1063248396]
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post

    You made up the crap about taxes placed on states as IT DOES NOT SAY THAT IN THE CONSTITUTION.

    Your own twisted perversion of the Constitution is bad enough but when you have to resort to outright lying - that is way way way over the bounds of decency.

    really, ...taxes are apportioned among the states, not on the people.......if you read, you would know the 16th amendment it as direct tax on the people


    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

    the original constitution gives the federal government NO POWER OVER THE PEOPLE........there are only 4 classes of people in the constitution that federal laws, CAN PERTAIN TO.............pirates......counterfeiters.......t raitors, and [tax cheats...per the 16th...which deals with income taxes]

    its sad you profess the constitution, and yet, you don't know Constitution 101

  5. #2155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Ah. He supports the 'right' of people to be overtly racist in the way they treat other people even to the point of denying medical treatment...but when we point out that his position legitimizing racism is why there are more racists in his party, well, THAT's building a strawman!

    Incredible.
    I can't yawn fast enough.

  6. #2156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,016

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    [QUOTE=ernst barkmann;1063248718]
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post


    really, ...taxes are apportioned among the states, not on the people.......if you read, you would know the 16th amendment it as direct tax on the people


    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

    the original constitution gives the federal government NO POWER OVER THE PEOPLE........there are only 4 classes of people in the constitution that federal laws, CAN PERTAIN TO.............pirates......counterfeiters.......t raitors, and [tax cheats...per the 16th...which deals with income taxes]

    its sad you profess the constitution, and yet, you don't know Constitution 101
    Can you quote for me any US Supreme Court ruling which agrees with you and this rather unique "interpretation" regarding Article I, Section * paragraph on the power to levy and collect taxes and pass laws necessary to execute those powers?

    And after you do that, explain how a state can pay a tax without any people in that state paying the tax. This I gotta hear.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #2157
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    You are babbling nonsense about paragraph 17. Pure unadulterated whackjob weirdo fringe nonsense with no support in the law or in any court decision for such an extreme view.

    The opinion of individuals writing 200 years or more ago is irrelevant next to the actual Constitution. Of course you should know this by know because it has been explained to you nearly hundreds of times by now


    The opinion of individuals writing the constitution is irrelevant ?

    CONVENTION NOTES on article 1 section 8 clause 17:....2:510; Madison, 5 Sept.]

    So much of the (4) clause as related to the seat of Government was agreed to nem: con:

    On the residue, to wit, "to exercise like authority over all places purchased for forts &c.

    Mr Gerry contended that this power might be made use of to enslave any particular State by buying up its territory, and that the strongholds proposed would be a means of [awing/placing fear] the State into an undue obedience to the General. Government--

    Mr. King thought himself the provision unnecessary, the power being already involved: but would move to insert after the word "purchased" the words "by the consent of the Legislature of the State" This would certainly make the power safe.

    Mr. Govr Morris 2ded. the motion, which was agreed to nem: con: as was then the residue of the clause as amended.


    as usual, when confronted by the founders, who wrote the Constitution,......you dismiss when you don't like what they have to say!..............

    i find it odd, you state they are irrelevant ....even though you have tried to use Hamilton, as a ploy for unlimited government...in which you failed so badly!
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-08-14 at 12:04 AM.

  8. #2158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,016

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    [QUOTE=ernst barkmann;1063248758]
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post



    The opinion of individuals writing the constitution is irrelevant ?
    Yes it is. Compared to the actual Constitution, some incomplete and selective notes or the opinion of an individual means nothing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #2159
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    Can you quote for me any US Supreme Court ruling which agrees with you and this rather unique "interpretation" regarding Article I, Section * paragraph on the power to levy and collect taxes and pass laws necessary to execute those powers?

    And after you do that, explain how a state can pay a tax without any people in that state paying the tax. This I gotta hear.

    back to the USSC now !!!!!!!

    here is your post # 2146


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    You made up the crap about taxes placed on states as IT DOES NOT SAY THAT IN THE CONSTITUTION.

    Your own twisted perversion of the Constitution is bad enough but when you have to resort to outright lying - that is way way way over the bounds of decency.
    it does say it in the constitution.....

    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-07-14 at 11:52 PM.

  10. #2160
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    Yes it is. Compared to the actual Constitution, some incomplete and selective notes or the opinion of an individual means nothing.
    Really since the clauses of the constitution are what the are debating.

    to say their opinion is irrelevant .....is just your inability to deal with truth
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-08-14 at 12:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •