View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 211 of 230 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #2101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is no confusion. Your position is crystal clear and in fact could not be any clearer if you posted it fifty more times today. But you got it wrong. I DO understand your position. Its the typical right libertarian pie-in-the-sky nonsense based on axioms and personal beliefs which are absolutely divorced from the real world the rest of us live in where there are consequences for ones political positions. The right libertarian has no political power so they can take any absurd or inane position they want to take since there are never any consequences for the silly positions they take.

    So I do understand your position perfectly.
    Good. I'm glad you finally understand.

    And your position, if I understand correctly, is that if an individual or group of individuals wants something that belongs to another, it is ethical to simply take it by force.

    I'm afraid you'll never convince me to support that position. I don't buy your argument that the ends justify the means.

  2. #2102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Good. I'm glad you finally understand.

    And your position, if I understand correctly, is that if an individual or group of individuals wants something that belongs to another, it is ethical to simply take it by force.

    I'm afraid you'll never convince me to support that position. I don't buy your argument that the ends justify the means.
    I always understood. As a libertarian you take positions that our simply out of this world and totally unrealistic because there are no consequences to libertarian pie-in-the-sky nonsense floated as policy ideas. I understand that perfectly.

    Again - you invent a position for my argument and then pretend to be disgusted by your own phony position. Why don't you try getting honest in your posts instead of playing Dr. Frankenstein and perverting and twisting what is real into what you want it to be?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #2103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Again - you invent a position for my argument and then pretend to be disgusted by your own phony position.
    I don't think I have inaccurately represented your position at all. You support using government force to take the property of others. This means that a certain group of individuals will decide that they want someone's property, and they will then use force to take this property.

    I think that maybe you just don't like thinking about what your position actually means. It is pretty repulsive if you actually think about what's going on.

  4. #2104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    I don't think I have inaccurately represented your position at all. You support using government force to take the property of others. This means that a certain group of individuals will decide that they want someone's property, and they will then use force to take this property.

    I think that maybe you just don't like thinking about what your position actually means. It is pretty repulsive if you actually think about what's going on.
    Okay, lets play your silly little game of how bad we can make the normal sound when we want to twist it and pervert it for some personal purpose.

    Do you support some people being able to shove a variety of objects into all sorts of parts of the human body of a person who has not given their consent, drugging them and perhaps even inflicting great pain or even cutting off parts of the body including removing vital organs, limbs, eyes and other parts?

    See what I did there was the same as you with your silly "taking the property of others using government force".
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #2105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Okay, lets play your silly little game of how bad we can make the normal sound when we want to twist it and pervert it for some personal purpose.

    Do you support some people being able to shove a variety of objects into all sorts of parts of the human body of a person who has not given their consent, drugging them and perhaps even inflicting great pain or even cutting off parts of the body including removing vital organs, limbs, eyes and other parts?
    If he hasn't given consent, no.

    If he has given consent, or if I think he would have given consent if he were able, then yes.

    See what I did there was the same as you with your silly "taking the property of others using government force".
    Actually you didn't.

    You support eminent domain. When eminent domain is exercised, a person's property is taken by force by other people. That's what eminent domain is, by definition. If you don't like the way it sounds, then maybe you should rethink whether you really support it or not.

  6. #2106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    I asked you this
    Okay, lets play your silly little game of how bad we can make the normal sound when we want to twist it and pervert it for some personal purpose.

    Do you support some people being able to shove a variety of objects into all sorts of parts of the human body of a person who has not given their consent, drugging them and perhaps even inflicting great pain or even cutting off parts of the body including removing vital organs, limbs, eyes and other parts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    If he hasn't given consent, no.

    If he has given consent, or if I think he would have given consent if he were able, then yes.


    If you think he would !?!?!?!?!?!? Now its you playing God with other peoples lives!?!?!?!?!? Amazing.

    The point is that medical people do this every day of the year all over the country when people are rushed to the hospital and are in no condition to make decisions for themselves. The doctor decides and gets to play God doing all manner of things to them including all the things I listed and much much more which would curl your hair if described.

    But it sure sounds terrible doesn't it?

    That is what you CONSTANTLY DO with your silly 'government force' and other libertarian nonsense. You do it constantly. The peoples acting acting on behalf of the entire society can make a purchase of property according to the US Constitution if just compensation is provided. But in your libertarian make believe world where real people do not exist - you are against it.

    Amazing!!!!!

    The only reason you can take such absurd positions is that there are no consequences to libertarian pie-in-the-sky insanity such as this. You guys NEVER get elected and NEVER have to put up or shut up. That pie-in-the-sky stays purely theoretical and is never baked and never eaten and never truly tested.

    At least we can be thankful for that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #2107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is what you CONSTANTLY DO with your silly 'government force' and other libertarian nonsense. You do it constantly. The peoples acting acting on behalf of the entire society can make a purchase of property according to the US Constitution if just compensation is provided.
    I am against it because when eminent domain is exercised, a person's property is taken by force by other people. You simply can't convince me that such a thing is ethical or civilized.

    But in your libertarian make believe world where real people do not exist - you are against it.
    I don't live in a libertarian world of make believe. I live in the very same world you do, in which real people do indeed exist. I just don't feel as if I have the right to take what belongs to them. Apparently you do.

  8. #2108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Society has always had to contend with those who wish to use force to set themselves up as master over their fellow man. The tragedy is that it seems every generation must fight its own tyrants and wanna be tyrants.
    Indeed. Its human nature, and it generally does not change.

  9. #2109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Amendment V clearly contains language which authorizes the use of eminent domain in the USA as it mandates payment for when it is used. The practical end result is the same.Your nitpicking is a distinction without a difference.
    My nitpicking is a distinction that makes all the difference. In other nations-unless something is specifically mentioned in their constitution or founding documents-its assumed to be prohibited. Its the reverse here. Please, get educated.

  10. #2110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is no confusion. Your position is crystal clear and in fact could not be any clearer if you posted it fifty more times today. But you got it wrong. I DO understand your position. Its the typical right libertarian pie-in-the-sky nonsense based on axioms and personal beliefs which are absolutely divorced from the real world the rest of us live in where there are consequences for ones political positions. The right libertarian has no political power so they can take any absurd or inane position they want to take since there are never any consequences for the silly positions they take.

    So I do understand your position perfectly.
    "Real world" liberalism is the pie in the sky ideology. A loose association of inconsistent and often delusional beliefs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •