View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 186 of 230 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #1851
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I won't be playing your juvenile games. If you quote me again, that is your own cry for attention which I will no longer give.
    But you already claimed much the same and here you are again. Whats next..... announcing you are putting me on ignore and then replying to what I post?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1852
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No - its blatant and obvious hypocrisy.
    Just gotta love how you think you're soo righteous that you're not subject to the very same thing that you are calling "blatant and obvious hypocrisy".
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #1853
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Just gotta love how you think you're soo righteous that you're not subject to the very same thing that you are calling "blatant and obvious hypocrisy".
    Feel free to provide examples as I have done with the libertarians I accuse of being hypocrites.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1854
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Feel free to provide examples as I have done with the libertarians I accuse of being hypocrites.
    Scenario: Would you support a bill that gave all but $100 of your money to people that you thought didn't deserve it?

    It's a yes or no question. Don't elaborate. Don't try to avoid or duck out of the question. Just give a direct "yes" or "no" answer.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #1855
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Scenario: Would you support a bill that gave all but $100 of your money to people that you thought didn't deserve it?

    It's a yes or no question. Don't elaborate. Don't try to avoid or duck out of the question. Just give a direct "yes" or "no" answer.
    In the three years I worked for the Michigan legislature - 2011, 12 & 13 - I wrote bills and read and studied even more. I would not give my unqualified YES to any bill without reading it all first and that includes a bill honoring American mothers on mothers day. The devil is always in the details.

    That would also have to include your mythical imaginary "bill" here.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1856
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In the three years I worked for the Michigan legislature - 2011, 12 & 13 - I wrote bills and read and studied even more. I would not give my unqualified YES to any bill without reading it all first and that includes a bill honoring American mothers on mothers day. The devil is always in the details.

    That would also have to include your mythical imaginary "bill" here.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You just can't help yourself can you?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #1857
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You just can't help yourself can you?
    You make no sense. In your desire to attack me you stick your head in the sand and play ostrich to the answer you were provided with. I would NOT support ANY BILL - got that..... ANY BILL until I could read it. And that is based on practical real real experience of both writing, researching and studying the legislative process where the devil is always in the details.

    But tell us how my refusing to give an unqualified YES to supporting an idea for a bill for the reasons I provided is hypocrisy on my part. Lets hear it.

    And you still HAVE NOT provide a single example of any hypocrisy on my part. And you have a mountain of posts from me to use as possible evidence.

    Lets see it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1858
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for again confirming what I figured out a very long time ago --- you are all in favor of government when it benefits you and all against it when it imposes some obligation or duty upon you that the American people want but your extremist ideology objects to because it upsets the gospel of selfishness. True hypocrisy.
    I am in favor of good government, and I oppose evil and tyrannical government. Why does this surprise you?

    You want the government to prevent your fellow Americans from controlling access to their own property. I consider this evil and tyrannical, thus I oppose the policy you support.

  9. #1859
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    I am in favor of good government, and I oppose evil and tyrannical government. Why does this surprise you?

    You want the government to prevent your fellow Americans from controlling access to their own property. I consider this evil and tyrannical, thus I oppose the policy you support.
    The only thing that "surprises" me about you Federalist is your inability to justify your own personal hypocritical actions with your views on government. You openly such things as the exercise of eminent domain but freely and willingly use and enjoy the benefits from those powers. So your so called "opposition" are just crocodile tears which are meaningless compared to your true actions.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1860
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The only thing that "surprises" me about you Federalist is your inability to justify your own personal hypocritical actions with your views on government. You openly such things as the exercise of eminent domain but freely and willingly use and enjoy the benefits from those powers. So your so called "opposition" are just crocodile tears which are meaningless compared to your true actions.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. We all know that you think I'm a hypocrite. Whatever. I don't really care what you think of me.

    I do care, however, when people wish to use the force of government to deny the American people the ability to control access to their own property.
    Last edited by Federalist; 05-01-14 at 09:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •