View Poll Results: What's More Important - the "Right" to Discriminate, or Freedom From Discrimination?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Right to Discriminate

    38 33.04%
  • Freedom From Discrimination

    77 66.96%
Page 143 of 230 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2291

Thread: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discrimination?

  1. #1421
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes, actually it is. It is telling you what to do with your property. "Sell it (your property) to this person or get punished."
    And later when you're getting beat into the ground by a bunch of blacks that you refused to sell to because they are black, I guess it will be very comforting to tell yourself that you were just "standing up for your rights". I'm sure that is worth the broken bones, the blood spilling out onto the sidewalk, and the heartbreak your family would feel. But hey - at least your "property and body weren't getting violated", right?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  2. #1422
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    glen i have a right to discriminate..i don't have to like you , deal with you ,trade with you, associate with you, and you have no exercisable rights on my property to stop me.

    why are you insisting on forcing something on me..i do not wish to do?
    You're absolutely right! You do NOT have to have anything whatsoever to do with me - as long as it's because you hate my guts, or because you think the way I dress will cause undue disruption to your business, or if I don't have money. BUT if you refuse to deal with me because of how I was BORN, then, sir, you have a problem with the law.

    What a wonderful thread this has been, getting the racists on DP to expose themselves...and every. single. one. of them are on the Right.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #1423
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    False comparison. The Nazi's made the discrimination a mandated part of the legal system, which we are very much against. At no point have any of us supported government mandated discrimination which is what both the Nazi's and the Jim Crow laws did. There is a major difference between allowing discrimination and requiring it.
    Perception, guy. Perception. That's all that matters in dealing with the human masses. You can claim "well, ha-rumph, we're not requiring it, we're only allowing it" all you want...

    ...but the MASSES will see something else entirely, and all your protestations to the contrary won't make a difference.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #1424
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    You're absolutely right! You do NOT have to have anything whatsoever to do with me - as long as it's because you hate my guts, or because you think the way I dress will cause undue disruption to your business, or if I don't have money. BUT if you refuse to deal with me because of how I was BORN, then, sir, you have a problem with the law.

    What a wonderful thread this has been, getting the racists on DP to expose themselves...and every. single. one. of them are on the Right.
    i cant refuse to deal, with you?, so i cant just stand there an do nothing?

    racist on DP exposed?........so we are down to that now, the same of leftest line."

    you're a hateful racist bigot, sexist, homophobic, poor hater, gerrymandering, ring wing gun carrying nut, rich evil greedy selfish, no tax, flag waving redneck, oppressing, discriminatory bastard.

    did i cover everything, or did i miss something.....knowing how the left feeds on things like this i probably did.

  5. #1425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    A law that requires that you can't deny your business to someone based just on how they were born is NOT "violating your body or property".
    I don't see how you can deny that such a law would result in the violation of body and property. I think you are deluding yourself.

    Do you think you have the right to violate the body or property of your fellow man in order to coerce him to trade with someone against his will?
    Last edited by Federalist; 04-25-14 at 11:55 PM.

  6. #1426
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    I don't see how you can deny that such a law would result in the violation of body and property. I think you are deluding yourself.
    No, you do know quite well what I mean. Yes, you do.

    And as I asked the other guys, if you got a law passed allowing discrimination, with the knowledge that the state would have to physically back up a business' "right" to discriminate, the PERCEPTION among nonwhites - and among blacks in particular - is that white America is turning against them. You can stand there all day long using your "violation of body and property" line, but the PERCEPTION among tens of millions of minorities would be that we are returning to the days of Jim Crow...

    ...and they would not sit back and peacefully accept what they PERCEIVE as government-backed racism. Remember what happened when Rodney King got beat up by four cops? The riots weren't just in LA, if you'll recall. Now imagine what would happen when the minority population sees the federal government explicitly allowing racism. It would make the Watts riots a cakewalk in comparison...especially since a much greater percentage of minorities have firearms today than they did back in the 1960's.

    Is this really where you want America to go? Is it really? Is your 'right' to racially discriminate really worth all the death and destruction and increased hatred that would last generations?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #1427
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    And later when you're getting beat into the ground by a bunch of blacks that you refused to sell to because they are black, I guess it will be very comforting to tell yourself that you were just "standing up for your rights". I'm sure that is worth the broken bones, the blood spilling out onto the sidewalk, and the heartbreak your family would feel. But hey - at least your "property and body weren't getting violated", right?

    what he should do then is hunt them down and shoot them but I am glad you are claiming that blacks would act so violently for not being served. that sounds rather RACIST to me.



  8. #1428
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    No, you do know quite well what I mean. Yes, you do.

    And as I asked the other guys, if you got a law passed allowing discrimination, with the knowledge that the state would have to physically back up a business' "right" to discriminate, the PERCEPTION among nonwhites - and among blacks in particular - is that white America is turning against them. You can stand there all day long using your "violation of body and property" line, but the PERCEPTION among tens of millions of minorities would be that we are returning to the days of Jim Crow...

    ...and they would not sit back and peacefully accept what they PERCEIVE as government-backed racism. Remember what happened when Rodney King got beat up by four cops? The riots weren't just in LA, if you'll recall. Now imagine what would happen when the minority population sees the federal government explicitly allowing racism. It would make the Watts riots a cakewalk in comparison...especially since a much greater percentage of minorities have firearms today than they did back in the 1960's.

    Is this really where you want America to go? Is it really? Is your 'right' to racially discriminate really worth all the death and destruction and increased hatred that would last generations?
    if what you claim would come to pass, I suspect the outcome wouldn't be what you'd hope it would be.

    I know in my neighborhood which has lots of Indians and Asians, if we were subjected to a Rodney King type race riot, the rioters would have the lifespan of a fruit fly



  9. #1429
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what he should do then is hunt them down and shoot them but I am glad you are claiming that blacks would act so violently for not being served. that sounds rather RACIST to me.
    Of course that's what you would say...because in TD world, everything is magically hunky-dory for blacks, and it would be unthinkable that they would react violently government-approved racism because their parents remember life under Jim Crow....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #1430
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Which Is More Important? The Right to Discriminate, or Freedom from Discriminati

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if what you claim would come to pass, I suspect the outcome wouldn't be what you'd hope it would be.

    I know in my neighborhood which has lots of Indians and Asians, if we were subjected to a Rodney King type race riot, the rioters would have the lifespan of a fruit fly
    And you don't even realize that most of those Indians and Asians would be on the side of the Blacks...because the elders in every one of their families would remember the days when they faced white prejudice, too.

    Tell you what, guy - I'm sure you've got lots of black friends, just like Romney had binders full of women. Why don't you go ask them how the black community would react to government-approved racism. You don't have to take my word for it - take theirs.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •