View Poll Results: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (please explain).

    53 86.89%
  • No (please explain).

    6 9.84%
  • Other (please explain).

    2 3.28%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 150

Thread: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

  1. #71
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Maybe not you, but he speaks for far, far too many.
    Attempts to suppress the vote is not at all uncommon in your party and you know it.
    No I don't, I don't know any such thing, and neither do you. Just because you say votes are being suppressed doesn't make it so.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I can show you that billions of dollars are spent and received by people who know that money buys votes.
    If money really bought votes wouldn't we be talking about president Romney right now?

  3. #73
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No I don't, I don't know any such thing, and neither do you. Just because you say votes are being suppressed doesn't make it so.
    In some cases, there was little reason for some of the parameters to exist which did (which state was it that restricted early voting in the same bill?) except to design it as a means of disproportionately impacting certain segments of the voting population. In my state, the only two things I could reason out was that it was done because: it was the fashionable thing for Republicans to support nationally, and we wanted to make it more difficult for out-of-state oil and boom workers from uprooting the North Dakota way of life.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    If money really bought votes wouldn't we be talking about president Romney right now?
    not really given the fact that obama had tons of big bucks supporters like Soros, and most of hollywood and most of the MSM



  5. #75
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I'm just stunned that anyone could be that un-American and not even seem to realize it.
    As long as I've known, voting is the right of American citizens, all American citizens, not a privilege as some nuts believe.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?


  7. #77
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    In some cases, there was little reason for some of the parameters to exist which did (which state was it that restricted early voting in the same bill?) except to design it as a means of disproportionately impacting certain segments of the voting population. In my state, the only two things I could reason out was that it was done because: it was the fashionable thing for Republicans to support nationally, and we wanted to make it more difficult for out-of-state oil and boom workers from uprooting the North Dakota way of life.
    So Republicans are against oil workers voting?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #78
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Think Progress forgot to mention that Yelton also said "lazy whites" and "lazy college students".

    Anyone can vote in this country. Short of locking someone in his house and barring the door, how exactly can you ensure someone can't vote?

  9. #79
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    If money really bought votes wouldn't we be talking about president Romney right now?
    Well, considering the Obama campaign outraised and outspent the Romney campaign throughout the cycle, I'm not so sure about that claim.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Should public employees be allowed to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not really given the fact that obama had tons of big bucks supporters like Soros, and most of hollywood and most of the MSM
    The vast majority of the President's financial support came in the way of $50 to $100 donations.
    The American people as a whole "bought" him the presidency.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •