View Poll Results: Is voting easy or difficult?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easy

    31 81.58%
  • Difficult

    1 2.63%
  • Other

    6 15.79%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Is voting easy or difficult?

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Is voting easy or difficult?

    Is voting easy or difficult?

    In its current form.

    Exceptions to the rule for some who don't have birth records and such noted, I think voting in the US is incredibly easy. So easy that, the only reason you can't do it is because it really isn't that important to you to go out and do it.
    Last edited by radcen; 04-21-14 at 09:40 AM.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,579

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Voting is easy; it is getting someone worth voting for on the ballot that seems to be hard.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    The only thing even semi-difficult is finding the time.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is voting easy or difficult?

    In its current form.

    Exceptions to the rule for some who don't have birth records and such noted, I think voting in the US is incredibly easy. So easy that, the only reason you can't do it is because it really isn't that important to you to go out and do it.
    The action of voting is easy. However, depending on where you live, how many booths per 100 voters, and voting hours available, it can become quite a hardship to get the to polls while they are open. Though some will absentee vote, you don't have the privacy with those that you do at the polls and many people prefer the privacy aspect. So it depends on whether you're discussing everything required to get to the polls and then vote, wherein perhaps the lines are over 4 or 5 hours long if you can even get there on your days/hours off of work....obviously effecting the impoverished mostly.

    Then as you point out, now many states are instituting the voter ID which will also be a costly hardship for elderly, commuters, and others who don't typically drive or travel abroad and won't have the proper form of ID. Again affecting the impoverished more than anyone else.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Voting is easy; it is getting someone worth voting for on the ballot that seems to be hard.
    I agree. America is too caught up in its two party stupidity to vote for someone who is actually going to do something for the betterment of these United States of America (without committing several other atrocities). This is the reason I don't vote. I can either vote for someone I think is a moron or I can view for someone that will receive under five percent of a vote
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    I agree. America is too caught up in its two party stupidity to vote for someone who is actually going to do something for the betterment of these United States of America (without committing several other atrocities). This is the reason I don't vote. I can either vote for someone I think is a moron or I can view for someone that will receive under five percent of a vote
    It's not just the two party, it's also the expense. A normal person who won't be as beholden to tptb can't afford to run for offices much past schoolboard. If they make it to that, and ease on up, by the time they're in a position of making a difference, they're corrupted.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #7
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,579

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    I agree. America is too caught up in its two party stupidity to vote for someone who is actually going to do something for the betterment of these United States of America (without committing several other atrocities). This is the reason I don't vote. I can either vote for someone I think is a moron or I can view for someone that will receive under five percent of a vote
    One must learn to best use the system provided. In NC you have closed primaries, meaning that you may vote only for the candidates running under "your" party's banner. An aternative, to not voting, is to register under the party that you desire to lose (in the general election) and vote for the worst possible candidate during "your" primary.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #8
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is voting easy or difficult?

    In its current form.

    Exceptions to the rule for some who don't have birth records and such noted, I think voting in the US is incredibly easy. So easy that, the only reason you can't do it is because it really isn't that important to you to go out and do it.
    Currently easy. We had a commissioner a couple years ago who tried to jack around with polling place around here and for a time it was hard because I kept getting notices it was moving and wasn't sure where I needed to go. The city soon caught up to what he was doing and everything was fixed back to normal and once again I can walk up the street to my neighborhood church and vote with no issues.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #9
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    The action of voting is easy. However, depending on where you live, how many booths per 100 voters, and voting hours available, it can become quite a hardship to get the to polls while they are open. Though some will absentee vote, you don't have the privacy with those that you do at the polls and many people prefer the privacy aspect. So it depends on whether you're discussing everything required to get to the polls and then vote, wherein perhaps the lines are over 4 or 5 hours long if you can even get there on your days/hours off of work....obviously effecting the impoverished mostly.

    Then as you point out, now many states are instituting the voter ID which will also be a costly hardship for elderly, commuters, and others who don't typically drive or travel abroad and won't have the proper form of ID. Again affecting the impoverished more than anyone else.
    I think that aspect is overplayed, and I'm not real sympathetic to it, but I am willing for the state to issue non-driving license ID for free to mitigate that. I also advocate phasing any voter ID laws in over a 5 year period for the same reason. At that point, if it is free, and you get 5 years, if you still don't have it done, then it just wasn't that important to you to begin with.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Is voting easy or difficult?

    As a non-american the only difficulty I have when voting is to find the energy to get off my fat ass and go vote. Polling stations are opened from 8 to 10pm all the time at every public building though I only ever went voting in schools. I go in, show my ID card which I always have on me because that is how I interact with any institution, and go in the booth and vote.

    In my old town where I grew up, I had to go 7-8min to get to school, now, fortunately, it's just accross the street. I'm done in 5-7min.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •