View Poll Results: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    15 50.00%
  • False

    15 50.00%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 167

Thread: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

  1. #141
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossroads View Post
    Which part? My first part was analyzing your comment. My second part was a statement of fact: Plenty of polls show that a significant number of rich Americans support liberal spending and tax policies.

    Another standard conservative canard from you too. The idea that rich people who support more taxes should sign a check to the IRS. I really don't care either way if it makes them look hypocritical or not, that's not a way to run a tax system, having a "optional" tax system.

    And again, you just reduce the argument to petty ad hominem, instead an argument contending with whether or not a positive economic benefit is achieved when money is transitioned to people who are far more likely to spend it in this consumer based economy (and I admit I phrased that in a biased way).
    Plenty of rich americans favor a bigger government because they believe that gives them more wealth or power. I concede some rich liberals support a leftwing government for things other than they becoming wealthier or more powerful

    example

    rich gays
    feminists/abortion advocates
    libertines who often despise the religious right and with them, the fiscally conservative politicians

    but when you see people like Buffett bray about taxes, you need to be a little smarter and a little more skeptical

    Buffett for example is a big fan of increasing the death tax. Buffett also makes millions off the sale of life insurance policies. all of us people who might be exposed to the death tax explore-and usually buy-life insurance to guard against the rape of the death tax. here's how you do it. My wife and I can give my son X amount a year tax free. We give him that and he pays the policy on a second to die life insurance on us. So when the last of us two dies, he gets several million dollars tax free that he can use to offset the death tax

    IF THE DEATH TAX was abolished-as it should be-who would be hurt (other than the envious whiners who would be upset)? MAINLY tax attorneys and LIFE INSURANCE firms

    so Buffett's support of the death tax not only ingratiates him with people like you, he makes lots of money by it existing



  2. #142
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    The fact i have is that you post on messageboard 24-7. So when do you get time to work on that 2.5 mill dollars you make?
    you are lying yet again. I do not post anywhere near 24-7. there are many posters who post more per day than I do



  3. #143
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are lying yet again. I do not post anywhere near 24-7. there are many posters who post more per day than I do
    I bet they are also messageboard millionaires like you.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I bet they are also messageboard millionaires like you.
    Why don't you just give up rather than making it worse for yourself. Anyone who can do simple math can look at posters who have been here less than a year and find a bunch that have over 10,000 posts. I have averaged about 20 posts a day. There is one well known liberal who is averaging 40+ a day. of course that doesn't' prove how much time he or she posts here since that isn't tracked. You are just upset that you are constantly being proven wrong. If you believe your claims about me, then you should put up. or better yet stop whining about it since its not a valid point



  5. #145
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I bet they are also messageboard millionaires like you.
    What you 99%'ers seem not to understand is the rich can move their assets, even themselves, to countries that don't tax them as much. So much of our taxable wealth is no longer taxed into the US revenue system because of attitudes that they are a captive tax base.

  6. #146
    Advisor Crossroads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    07-06-15 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Plenty of rich americans favor a bigger government because they believe that gives them more wealth or power. I concede some rich liberals support a leftwing government for things other than they becoming wealthier or more powerful

    example

    rich gays
    feminists/abortion advocates
    libertines who often despise the religious right and with them, the fiscally conservative politicians

    but when you see people like Buffett bray about taxes, you need to be a little smarter and a little more skeptical

    Buffett for example is a big fan of increasing the death tax. Buffett also makes millions off the sale of life insurance policies. all of us people who might be exposed to the death tax explore-and usually buy-life insurance to guard against the rape of the death tax. here's how you do it. My wife and I can give my son X amount a year tax free. We give him that and he pays the policy on a second to die life insurance on us. So when the last of us two dies, he gets several million dollars tax free that he can use to offset the death tax

    IF THE DEATH TAX was abolished-as it should be-who would be hurt (other than the envious whiners who would be upset)? MAINLY tax attorneys and LIFE INSURANCE firms

    so Buffett's support of the death tax not only ingratiates him with people like you, he makes lots of money by it existing
    While that is an entirely logical assertion to make, it's also very likely that his support of a higher estate/death tax is only as it is due to his wider ideology when it comes to taxes on the rich in general. He also supports higher income taxes and higher investment taxes, two things which I, thus far, see no benefit for him. I would also like to point out Bill Gates also supports the death tax, and I have not seen a similar case for hypocrisy and selfish self interest on his part in regards to that tax.

    P.S.
    I'm fairly certain this argument devolved away from what it was originally about at some point.

  7. #147
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Why don't you just give up rather than making it worse for yourself. Anyone who can do simple math can look at posters who have been here less than a year and find a bunch that have over 10,000 posts. I have averaged about 20 posts a day. There is one well known liberal who is averaging 40+ a day. of course that doesn't' prove how much time he or she posts here since that isn't tracked. You are just upset that you are constantly being proven wrong. If you believe your claims about me, then you should put up. or better yet stop whining about it since its not a valid point
    I don't care how much you post. Just know that you aren't a millionaire. the sooner you overcome your self-denial, the sooner the healing process will begin for you.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  8. #148
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I don't care how much you post. Just know that you aren't a millionaire. the sooner you overcome your self-denial, the sooner the healing process will begin for you.
    what are you willing to put up? You have no proof and you are just butt hurt that you are being called out as a liar and your position on taxes is based on ENVY. You are mad others are wealthier than you are and that motivates your tax position, I happily admit that I oppose the soak the rich schemes because I am rich and I tire of paying for tons of others when I get NOTHING additional in return other than envious whiners claiming I ought to pay even more.

    see that is another avenue of proof. My position is logical for a wealthy person. Your position is expected for someone who is upset he isn't rich



  9. #149
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what are you willing to put up? You have no proof and you are just butt hurt that you are being called out as a liar and your position on taxes is based on ENVY. You are mad others are wealthier than you are and that motivates your tax position, I happily admit that I oppose the soak the rich schemes because I am rich and I tire of paying for tons of others when I get NOTHING additional in return other than envious whiners claiming I ought to pay even more.

    see that is another avenue of proof. My position is logical for a wealthy person. Your position is expected for someone who is upset he isn't rich
    More logical fallacies.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  10. #150
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Is This Statement True Of Federal Income Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    More logical fallacies.
    explain, this ought to be funny. you aren't rich and you want those who are taxed more. I am rich and I am taxed too much

    pure logic



Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •