View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) $30,000 income with $0.00 tax burden.

    3 8.11%
  • B) $250,000 income with $125,000 tax burden.

    34 91.89%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 234

Thread: Which would you rather have?

  1. #111
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    SO you wouldn't mind 3/4 of your labor and time doing that labor going to someone who didn't earn it?
    I wouldn't like it. But unless the job required was extremely stressful and unrewarding, I'd take it because in the end I keep more money.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    SO you wouldn't mind 3/4 of your labor and time doing that labor going to someone who didn't earn it?
    Yes. Wouldn't you? I don't see that to be relevant at all.

  3. #113
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    It isn't supposed to represent reality. The poll was designed to find out if there is any such thing as a person who despises graduated income taxes on principle alone. There isn't.

    It just proves that people who complain about the graduated income tax are just liars who like money so much that they want more just because.

    It isn't the fact that they hate the graduated income tax. It's just the fact that they want more money. They advocate lower taxes because they want more money not because they want our country to survive or they want our country stronger.

    Would you hate a**holes who preached with such fiery hyprocracy as that?

    There is absolutely no such thing as a human being who hates the graduated income tax. There just isn't.
    Then you are the one with an "F". You presented no such thing. You said yourself that there was no chance of increasing my income. Therefore there is no graduated income tax. At best you have an either/or tax along side an either/or pay. As to advocating lower taxes, more taxes in the people's pockets means more money flowing through the economy growing it. I rather like the idea of everyone willing to better themselves able to do better. Now personally, I'm not against a graduated income tax. I'm against an income tax period. I would much rather see a system like the Fair Tax.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    personally, I'm not against a graduated income tax.
    he he he

  5. #115
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    he he he
    ah yes...more creative quote editing to change context. It doesn't matter whether it's graduated or universal single rate, I'm against income tax period. But of the two, the universal single rate is the better of the two.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Here is the full quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Then you are the one with an "F". You presented no such thing. You said yourself that there was no chance of increasing my income. Therefore there is no graduated income tax. At best you have an either/or tax along side an either/or pay. As to advocating lower taxes, more taxes in the people's pockets means more money flowing through the economy growing it. I rather like the idea of everyone willing to better themselves able to do better. Now personally, I'm not against a graduated income tax. I'm against an income tax period. I would much rather see a system like the Fair Tax.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    I would much rather see a system like the Fair Tax.
    Some people prefer dry weather. That doesn't mean you shouldn't wear a rain coat whenever it rains.

    Our income tax just is. Would you rather have more money before taxes, more money after taxes or a combination of the two?

    It is better to choose the more advantageous option because there are a lot of factors that an individual has no control over. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

    It's better to have more money that less. F*** the tax man. I have no control over him.

  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    It isn't supposed to represent reality. The poll was designed to find out if there is any such thing as a person who despises graduated income taxes on principle alone. There isn't.

    It just proves that people who complain about the graduated income tax are just liars who like money so much that they want more just because.

    It isn't the fact that they hate the graduated income tax. It's just the fact that they want more money. They advocate lower taxes because they want more money not because they want our country to survive or they want our country stronger.

    Would you hate a**holes who preached with such fiery hyprocracy as that?

    There is absolutely no such thing as a human being who hates the graduated income tax. There just isn't.
    this is even more a stupid comment than your stupid poll



  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is even more a stupid comment than your stupid poll
    Don't you passionately hate liars?

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Don't you passionately hate liars?
    I don't hate you for that



Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •